*** ****** v **********

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I don't think the 3-0 to Killie can apply here as it disadvantages other teams in the group surely?

Even though it doesn't matter now I did look up the rule for ineligible players

7.3. It shall be the responsibility of each Club participating in the Competition to ensure that its Players are eligible to Play in any League Cup Match. If a Player participates in a League Cup Match, such Player being ineligible to Play in the League Cup Match as a result of his suspension by The Scottish Football Association or for any other reason , the Club for which the Player participates in the League Cup Match shall be liable to such penalty as the Board may decide.

So the same shitty rule that the SFA abolished for the Scottish Cup because the board didn't apply the rule fairly.

So the same shitty rule that the SFA abolished for the Scottish Cup because the board didn't apply the rule fairly.

If I read that shitty legal speak correctly that means that Ayr could have been penalised, say three points deducted, but Killie would not necessarily be awarded three points?

Incidentally, legal speak should make things clearer, so what's the point of a statement such as 'or for any other reason'? Just use plain English, FFS!

What the f**k is that [emoji23][emoji23].

Enjoy your day out in the big town pal? Now piss of back to your slums until the next time we give you a hiding [emoji38]

Jordan Jones is an absolutely useless sand-dancer. The breathless tones from the commentary just before he ran the ball straight out of the park/straight at the keeper was truly bizarre. The rest of Kilmarnock's four or five sand-dancers were by contrast simply ignored.

He's an even more gubbins, Poundland version of Barrie McKay.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

If I read that shitty legal speak correctly that means that Ayr could have been penalised, say three points deducted, but Killie would not necessarily be awarded three points?

Incidentally, legal speak should make things clearer, so what's the point of a statement such as 'or any other reason'? Just use plain English, FFS!

The rules aren't even legal speak they are fucking gibberish.

BTW here is rule 7.4

7.4. Any Club infringing this Regulation may be disqualified from the Competition and the tie awarded to its opponent  and/or  be  subject  to  such  other  sanction  as  the Board may determine.

May be disqualified? The tie may be awarded to the opponent? AND the board could add another punishment OR the board might choose to do f**k all. Clear as fucking mud. 

If you take out all the long winded clauses it means the board can choose whatever punishment they want.

Enjoy your day out in the big town pal? Now piss of back to your slums until the next time we give you a hiding [emoji38]

No I didn't enjoy my day out.

Enjoy your night.

May be disqualified? The tie may be awarded to the opponent? AND the board could add another punishment OR the board might choose to do f**k all. Clear as fucking mud. 
If you take out all the long winded clauses it means the board can choose whatever punishment they want.

I think it's called 'making it up as you go along'.

Any Falkirk supporter will tell you that....

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm pretty sure that, ultimately, something not dissimilar to unfair contract terms could come into play.

For example, say "the board" decided to expel a team for life from the competition for bringing on an ineligible player with seconds of stoppage time to go whilst winning (or indeed losing) comfortably. Under the rules, technically they can do that. And by playing in the competition, you've agreed to abide by the rules. But if the rules - or their implementation - are unfair, they shouldn't be enforceable.

Anyway...too much sidetracking over something that's a non-issue. Back to the important stuff: Killie :lol:

1 hour ago, JesusQuintana said:

This finishes 3-0 Killie because Docherty is suspended imo

There have been numerous instances of suspended or ineligible players playing (mostly involving Falkirk) where the penalty has npt been a "3-0" walkover.

Example, John Clark (ex-DU), scores the winner in a 1-0 v St Mirren at Brockville. SFA decision? Replay (for which Falkirk charged admission)

Mark Kerr scores 2 goals away to Ayr whilst suspended to earn a draw for the Bairns. SFA decision? £2000 fine.

Jamie McQuilken plays whilst suspended away to Kilmarnock. SFA decision?  Fine but suspended because the Bairns are skint.

Archived