Wimbledon and the grass court tennis season

lichtie23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two kinds of people who wear sunglasses indoors: Blind people and assholes.-Larry David

ETA I know they are not inside but they are still assholes.

Well that was both finals completely underwhelming. Do you think everyone will be slating Federer saying he only managed 8 titles because Murray & Djokovic were injured, or is that just for Murray that patter comes out?

Federer had the cigars out after the fourth game. It's been a pretty bland tournament, tbh.

I'd agree with this. Just hasn't captured my attention as much, and despite there being some shocks, most were just down to injuries.

He'll be absolutely gunning to get the 20th now. Quite mental considering after his Wimbledon exit last year he was probably desperate just to get one more which was the one he won today.

Surely he'll get it and then give serious consideration to retirement soon after. It'll probably happen in New York as well if Murray and Djokovic still aren't back up to speed or don't even compete.

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Federer had the cigars out after the fourth game. It's been a pretty bland tournament, tbh.

Yeah, poor tournament this year. Ladies was better (probably no coincidence that Serena has been missing as she still dominates otherwise). Really need a young, entertaining player to break through on the men's side. At the moment it just feels like whoever doesn't fall apart physically has a chance.

Archived