Wimbledon and the grass court tennis season

lichtie23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hingis I think was my first tennis player crush when I was a young lad. Glad to see she's still got it. I'll be hoping Williams wins as I also share a birthday with Venus. It's amazing to think that between us we have 23 Grand Slam titles and 4 Olympic Golds.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

No apology for a net cord winner then straight off the court after getting stuffed without waiting for Venus. Not very British from Konta. 

Seems a bit up her own arse, which I suppose must be the Aussie in her. Any time I've heard her asked about the success of both her & Andy this year, she'll bang on about how well she's done and not even mention him, whereas he's actively come out and supported her throughout the tournament.

Don't mind seeing her do well, but she does seem a bit of a knob.

Hingis I think was my first tennis player crush when I was a young lad. Glad to see she's still got it. I'll be hoping Williams wins as I also share a birthday with Venus. It's amazing to think that between us we have 23 Grand Slam titles and 4 Olympic Golds.

Wrong williams... but funny nonetheless

Some tennis players seem to prefer leaving the way clear for the winner to get the applause, rather than wait and go off with them. Must say I like Konta and was rooting for her. Disappointed I didn't see any St George flags in the crowd. That would have been funny.

Hope that Federer wins. He is the goat after all. Remember when people thought he and Nadal were done? That will be Murray and Djokovic in a couple of years as long as they rest and look after themselves. It's a tough grind tennis, a seriously brutal sport at the top level.

I think Murray has shown here and at the French that even when he's not at his best he's a match for anyone at the grand slams. He should just be very choosy about the smaller tournaments and give himself every chance of adding to his major haul.

Agree that Federer is the greatest of all time. That's why I don't want him to win. He's already won more than anyone else so I'd rather see some outsider get the chance.

What was more memorable, Ivanisevic winning it and going mental, or someone like Sampras calmly cruising to yet another title?

Mon the underdogs.

Yep, I'm the same.  Federer is rightly hailed as the GOAT but I'd much rather a guy like Cilic add to his US Open victory from a few years back.   Hell, I wouldn't even grudge Berdych a GS, even though he's a prize fud.

Yep, I'm the same.  Federer is rightly hailed as the GOAT but I'd much rather a guy like Cilic add to his US Open victory from a few years back.   Hell, I wouldn't even grudge Berdych a GS, even though he's a prize fud.

Would rather querry than berdych tbh.
Agree that cilic is a gid c**t

Archived