Mayweather vs. McGregor

BradHorse

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/06/2017 at 06:50, BradHorse said:

Someone suggested a dedicated topic for this to save cluttering both sports' topics with the expected shit-storm coming, and I think it's a good idea. 

To start? My stance is McGregor doesn't have strictly *no* chance. I like a bet so when I weigh up a fight I normally put a number on the percentage I think they are to win a fight and if the bookie lines are in my favour in regards to my estimations then I'll take a punt.

My guess on this is McGregor has a 5-10% chance of victory. Currently the lines are something utterly ridiculous at like 4/1 and anyone taking that against Mayweather deserves to lose their money imo. 

On 16/06/2017 at 08:01, BradHorse said:

Wouldn't argue with a single word here.

All the casuals are going on about McGregor's size, reach, power and youth advantage - and these things all definitely do play a factor - but he's swimming in different waters. He's a badminton player going for a tennis match. 

I'd put a bet on him at 10/1. Definitely.

4/1 is just baiting the idiots and the bookies must be laughing taking those bets.

I got a wee 4 hours or so. Now about to destroy some KFC and start drinking again until I can't remember blowing an actual £100 on stupid McGregor.

They won't even offer me cash out, the c***s. Gonna need to just let it ride.

3 hours ago, BradHorse said:

I fucking honestly bet £100 on McGregor last night I wanna kill masel omg.

Dry yer eyes, it's only £100 not your pension fund.

1 minute ago, Gianfranco said:

I haven't decided if I'm gonna watch this or not. What time is it anticipated that the fight will start?

I'm not expecting it to start before 4am, probably nearer 4:45am.

Most will probably do the sensible thing of getting shuteye in early and waking around half 3, I'm never sensible, if I want to watch or listen to it I'll be hoping the eyes stay open 'til then.

7 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I can't believe I really, really, really, really want Mayweather to win a fight very very comfortably.

I've just had a nap after the Somerset disaster. Energy juice in the fridge pizza in the oven. MOTD then Vegas. Looking forward to the leprechaun getting smashed to pieces [emoji109]

4 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Biggest swindle in sporting history.

McGregor has a punchers chance, give him one and a half rounds to win then it's just a procession for Mayweather.

Ref stops it in the 7/8th due to Mayweather pounding McGregors face at will.

Agreed, the money involved, is obscene, the belt is hideous and realistically under these rules McGregor doesn't have a hope in hell. If a year from now it gets revealed the match was rigged purely to set up a future rematch i wouldn't be surprised. Stuck a fiver on 5 different £1 bets on the match, all ones with high odds so if even one comes through ill have earned money on it. If not i couldn't give a toss tbh.

15 minutes ago, ftk said:

I've just had a nap after the Somerset disaster. Energy juice in the fridge pizza in the oven. MOTD then Vegas. Looking forward to the leprechaun getting smashed to pieces emoji109.png

Where did you get the time machine?

Archived