Another van ploughed into folk in London

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange time to choose, around 3pm local time. I know the siesta isn't so prevalent anymore and there would be loads of tourists, but it would be a lot busier in the evening, and the restaurant where the gunmen are supposed to be holed up would likely be near empty.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Strange time to choose, around 3pm local time. I know the siesta isn't so prevalent anymore and there would be loads of tourists, but it would be a lot busier in the evening, and the restaurant where the gunmen are supposed to be holed up would likely be near empty.

They should get a table ok then.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's gunmen? So its safe to say this was no accident?

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

There's gunmen? So its safe to say this was no accident?

Seems clear it was a terrorist attack. One story about gunshots and 2 or 3 gunmen holed up in a Turkish restaurant, other is a solo driver who ran away.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

5 local. Spain is an hour ahead. 

There wouldn't be many Spaniards about at that time. There is a Spanish group of anarchists who have started attacking tourists. Doubt Jihadis care too much who they kill, and it's unusual for them to run away. Probably is them though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/tourist-attacked-spain-anarchists-british-bus-barcelona-palma-de-mallorca-arran-restaurants-a7878226.html

Archived