Another van ploughed into folk in London

22 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Maybe this would be better on the ISIS thread but I watched a great documentary about them the other day on Amazon called Inside IS - 10 days with the Islamic State.

It was pretty harrowing and worrying to hear their ideology. Nothing new in terms of the message but to listen to how it was delivered.

Film maker believes his driver was Jihadi John, that would be a worse choice for driver than my mum.

Would be interested to give this a watch.

Do find it strange that they let these folk in to film them, and don't kill them. Suppose some of them are nice enough. Just a bit mentally fucked. 

Heart in the right place etc

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe this would be better on the ISIS thread but I watched a great documentary about them the other day on Amazon called Inside IS - 10 days with the Islamic State.

It was pretty harrowing and worrying to hear their ideology. Nothing new in terms of the message but to listen to how it was delivered.

Film maker believes his driver was Jihadi John, that would be a worse choice for driver than my mum.

You are right, It's well known Jihadi John doesn't always give oral to every passenger he drives around.
Top Bantz ! [emoji39]

Would be interested to give this a watch.
Do find it strange that they let these folk in to film them, and don't kill them. Suppose some of them are nice enough. Just a bit mentally fucked. 
Heart in the right place etc

This guy had a letter from the top guaranteeing his safety as long as he did what he was told.

During the documentary one of the guys who was taking them around said to him "you may have a letter saying you are safe here but one day we will come to your country, seek you out and kill you and your family" in a just so you know kind of way.

Two questions for anyone who wants to answer them for me:

1 - How do/will ISIS feel about terror attacks on innocent Muslims in the U.K.?

2 - Are these right wing Britain first types likely to go on suicide missions in their attempts to kill as many Muslims as possible?

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

2 - Are these right wing Britain first types likely to go on suicide missions in their attempts to kill as many Muslims as possible?

Probably see it as likely to increase 'recruitment' to their cause.

Can't see it

42 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This guy had a letter from the top guaranteeing his safety as long as he did what he was told.

During the documentary one of the guys who was taking them around said to him "you may have a letter saying you are safe here but one day we will come to your country, seek you out and kill you and your family" in a just so you know kind of way.

Fucking hell, think that would have been my signal to get out sharpish. Not that I would ever go over. 

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

1. Delighted

2. No

55 minutes ago, throbber said:

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

1. Delighted

2. No

Just to add, IS spend 99% of their time murdering other innocent Muslims, we're just an optional sideline.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just to add, IS spend 99% of their time murdering other innocent Muslims, we're just an optional sideline.

Muslims from rival groups though as opposed to every day law abiding Muslims in the UK. Still think they are happy so long as there is fear hatred and death though.

I don't put it past the far right nutters to carry out suicide attacks myself, considering the suicide rate of young men in the UK being as large as it is then i can definitely see a hate filled psychopath with nothing left to live for wanting to take a few Muslims with him on his way out. Hope I'm wrong though. 

59 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Fucking hell, think that would have been my signal to get out sharpish. Not that I would ever go over. 

You wouldn't get out without being accompanied, so you'd have to do your time. Sneaking off would probably get you killed.

6 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Was that the one that the film maker thought it would be a good idea to take his son along for work experience?

9 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

"Bridge over Troubled Water" as the charity single. Isnt that about drugs being your only friend when times are tough?

Good idea. 

Apparently that's a myth. I just looked it up. I will resist temptation to name other more "appropriate" songs.

According to Songfacts (facts about songs so it must be right otherwise the site name wouldn't make sense):

The line "Sail on, silver girl" is often reputed to refer to a needle (meaning the song is about heroin) but it actually refers to Simon's girlfriend (and later wife) Peggy Harper who found a few gray hairs and was upset. The lyric was meant as a joke - Simon calling her "Silver Girl" because of her hair.

I

When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I'll dry them all (all)
I'm on your side, oh, when times get rough
And friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down
I will lay me down

When you're down and out
When you're on the street
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you (ooo)
I'll take your part, oh, when darkness comes
And pain is all around
I will lay me down
I will lay me down

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Apparently that's a myth. I just looked it up. I will resist temptation to name other more "appropriate" songs.

I read the myth theory too. The song makes no sense if its not about drugs. What else could it be about?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is it? Played that at my maws funeral emoji23.png I'm sure she would have been proud!

Did she have Brown Eyed Girl too?

Archived