League Predictions

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know how to settle this 'who's got the best strikeforce' debate once and for all. It's a bit 'out there', and might take a while, but if you bear with me, it should be pretty accurate and will cut down the tedious bickering.

What we'll do is get all the teams to play each other four times, and keep note of who wins, loses, scores the most, etc... Should take until April-ish.

Who's up for it?

I know how to settle this 'who's got the best strikeforce' debate once and for all. It's a bit 'out there', and might take a while, but if you bear with me, it should be pretty accurate and will cut down the tedious bickering.
What we'll do is get all the teams to play each other four times, and keep note of who wins, loses, scores the most, etc... Should take until April-ish.
Who's up for it?

Should maybe do that with any league predictions, any signings, match predictions, expected formations and styles of play. An excellent idea, imhaho.

Who's up for it?

Good idea. When does this start?

2 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Loy's a Dundee reject, Austin looked gash in the play offs and only young.

McDonald proven striker in the premiership, Keatings proven goal scorer in this league.

I Know what I would pick

Keatings decent at this level but keeps getting punted back down after winning promotion to the top flight. McDonald a very good signing who should score goals if fit enough. 

Both partnerships will prove decent and should score plenty of goals. 

11 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Second the last two seasons and playing better than we have in years......yet we are delusional.

Maybe, but it's fun being delusional just now.

It's bound to end in tears though. 

1495266169072.jpg.f47c70d89424733f1e6114189f351ca0.jpg1496658545354.jpg.e5a9b751d8eb0cffce58b3054faa8778.jpg

I think the comparison between Dundee Utd and Falkirk's stirkers just shows why we aren't going to get anywhere near the title.

When we won the title in 2004 we had Paul Ritchie, David Bingham and Barry Wilson score in double figures (Steve Hislop also got nine).  In 2010 when we won it Richie Foran, Jonny Hayes and Adam Rooney all scored in double figures.

Unless one of our signings turns out to be a blinder then I can't see us scoring enough goals.  Oakley looks a decent player but doesn't seem to be the sort who'll score goals, Baird is more of a worker than a finisher and Zschusschen is an unknown and has stunk the place out in a few of his recent appearances.  I also think we lack pace up front.

4 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Loy's a Dundee reject, Austin looked gash in the play offs and only young.

McDonald proven striker in the premiership, Keatings proven goal scorer in this league.

I Know what I would pick

Austin is 23 and had a better goals to minutes played ratio than Keatings (who was playing for the champions) last season. His worst performances for us in the second part of the season (he returned from injury in February) were against yourselves, particularly at our place.

Loy is indeed a Dundee reject. For whatever reason it didn't work out for him there but he was terrific for us in the championship and is already looking like he can be again.

The point is that Loy and Austin have now played 3 competitive games together and have looked excellent in all of them. They are linking up like they've been playing together for years. As yet Keatings and McDonald haven't played together so they may or may not  play well together - time will tell.

With the evidence that we have seen, I think it would be crazy for any Falkirk fan to say 'aye, let's bin them and swap them for McDonald and Keatings'. That just wouldn't make sense.

That said, the likes of Morton fans are very excited about McHugh for example who, whilst being a decent player and a trier, isn't as good as the players we've replaced him with. Sometimes though, certain players just click with certain clubs so it may well be that your two work out better than ours. If that's the case then, fair do's!

9 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I would have liked keatings and McDonald for Falkirk a month ago. Since seeing Austin and loy together I'm over with the moon with the two of them. Time will tell how Utd get on. 

Basically this, a lot of people laughing at Falkirk fans for wanting Austin + Loy over McDonald + Keatings, two players who have never played together, bit of common sense really.

Falkirk will 100% be our biggest rivals this season in thinking, on the striker debate, both partnerships will score goals undoubtedly, don't think the title will be won at that end of the pitch I personally feel united defence is our weak point, if we get that sorted and get a target man, zeefuik the one who played at hearts, I think we will win It. I will also add we have FINALLY added pace and width in to our team and massively upgraded our midfield from last season, looking forward to this season

Archived