4. Dunfermline
5. Livingston
6. Morton
7. QOTS
8. Falkirk
9. Dumbarton
10. Brechin

Lol! [emoji16]

I will personally send you a fiver if we finish eighth or lower.

Nice try though.

Dundee Utd the team to beat for me but I think we (Falkirk) have a good chance of going one better this season. Would be surprised if anyone else was good enough over the course of a season to challenge. 

I'd have said St Mirren were contenders after last seasons good finish but they seem to have went back the way losing their best players and signing average Championship players. 

Utd favourites for me, if we can keep everyone fit we may run them close, my fear for us is if we get one or two injuries to key players im not sure we have the quality of replacement. Caley i think may be one of those teams where their new players take time to gel n thus may be a good bit off the pace before they click. I expect them, Morton, Dunfermline to challenge for playoffs. As for the bottom  Brechin look certs to go down with maybe perennial relegation tips Dumbarton in the playoff spot.

1 hour ago, FalkirkLad said:

Basically this, a lot of people laughing at Falkirk fans for wanting Austin + Loy over McDonald + Keatings, two players who have never played together, bit of common sense really.

Have Austin and Loy played together before?

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Falkirk will 100% be our biggest rivals this season in thinking, on the striker debate, both partnerships will score goals undoubtedly, don't think the title will be won at that end of the pitch I personally feel united defence is our weak point, if we get that sorted and get a target man, zeefuik the one who played at hearts, I think we will win It. I will also add we have FINALLY added pace and width in to our team and massively upgraded our midfield from last season, looking forward to this season

We are the same regarding pace and width, been crying out for it for both sides of the pitch, now we have it its great to see.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Played 3 games together so far, we have scored 10 goals in those games and 3 in 3 for Austin and 0 for Loy. Wouldn't let that figure fool anyone though as Loy has been involved in creating a lot of those goals and has been playing excellent, real bit of class.

eta: just beaten by FalkirkLad there

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have Falkirk finished higher than second in the last decade? 

Have they ever avoided getting pumped in playoffs? 

Have they ever successfully defended their train station against a fat old Hibs fan? 

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

Only 3 games but we've scored 10 in those games and played cracking attacking football, time will tell but right now i wouldnt have the Utd pair over them.

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Played 3 games together so far, we have scored 10 goals in those games and 3 in 3 for Austin and 0 for Loy. Wouldn't let that figure fool anyone though as Loy has been involved in creating a lot of those goals and has been playing excellent, real bit of class.

I actually tend to agree with Falkirk fans in that I'd rather have Loy and Austin but I'm not sure "because they've played 3 more games with each other" is a reason for that.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Dobbie, yes. Problem is, they're not in the same team!

Nicky Clark missed preseason last year and didn't join us until the fifth league game of the season. He still scored more league goals than Austin/Loy's combined total and Keatings/McDobald's combined total. 

18 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I actually tend to agree with Falkirk fans in that I'd rather have Loy and Austin but I'm not sure "because they've played 3 more games with each other" is a reason for that.

Well, we've seen their actual performance together which shows the potential that they have playing together in the future. If you'd asked me at the end of last season which two players I would want in there I'd have struggled with the answer.

To look at it with a slightly different slant; can you imagine the hammering Houston would get if he now took the (hypothetical) opportunity to swap them with the Utd two and it turned out badly? It wouldn't make any sense to do that.

I'd be interested to know why you would prefer Austin and Loy though?

29 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Have they ever successfully defended their train station against a fat old Hibs fan? 

We were in the Premier League within the last decade. So....id say yes.

We have only been pumped once in 10 games in the play offs a 4-0 defeat against Kilmarnock. Played 10, won 3 drawn 3, lost 4. Goals for 14, goals against 17. So....id say yes we have avoided getting pumped except the one occasion.

Grangemouth doesn't have a train station. am I doing this right ? So...Not applicable

So...have Austin and Loy played together. Yes.

21 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Nicky Clark missed preseason last year and didn't join us until the fifth league game of the season. He still scored more league goals than Austin/Loy's combined total and Keatings/McDobald's combined total. 

Nathan Austin didn't get a proper run in our team until February due to injury. According to the BBC stats if he'd played the same number of minutes as Clark he'd have scored 19 league goals last season.

Have they been beaten by Dunfermline since May 2011, a period covering 10 meetings between the 2 clubs?

Archived