C**** on a Train

It's usually folk who are hammered before they get on the train that cause the bother, not people having a few cans on their journey. Got a train at 11am at Inverness heading for Huntly last Saturday, all nice and civilised until a hen party got on at Nairn followed by about 50 teenagers at Elgin, all them already legless, throwing up, the whole lot. Never thought I'd be so delighted to get to Huntly.
This is true. Our longest journey is 2 and a half hours but even then it's usually OK if they haven't already been drinking. The trouble is those who have already been drinking but continue to do so when they get on the train.

Some c**t on Ayr to Glasgow train is stuffing his face with the noisiest confectionery ever. Some big chocolate bar followed by a chrunchie then he opens the noisiest bag of peanuts. Greedy fat c**t better get off soon or I might have to say something as I'm 4 pints in before Paisley for Saints game.

Train home from Glasgow Central to Ayr last night looked like it had a deep clean and was spotless. Saw something on BBC the other day which suggested staff clean them on the go 5 times a day.......no chance...they are usually manky.

I was watching Undercover Boss Canada, where the director of the Calgary Transit public transport network disguised himself and shadowed some employees to see what problems they faced and how they could be solved. At one point he was with Melissa, a transport cop (and a wid) on an underground train when they found a pair of c***s with their feet on the seats. She gave them a choice between wiping the seat or paying a $250 fine. It then turned out that one of the c***s had an expired ticket so got the fine anyway.

Take note, Scotrail conductors.

I was watching Undercover Boss Canada, where the director of the Calgary Transit public transport network disguised himself and shadowed some employees to see what problems they faced and how they could be solved. At one point he was with Melissa, a transport cop (and a wid) on an underground train when they found a pair of c***s with their feet on the seats. She gave them a choice between wiping the seat or paying a $250 fine. It then turned out that one of the c***s had an expired ticket so got the fine anyway.
Take note, Scotrail conductors.
Harsh on the Guards tbh. Other than asking them to get off at the next stop there isn't much they can do. They can call for the BTP but if they aren't in the area then the delay to the service will cause the company more money than the ticket price.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Harsh on the Guards tbh. Other than asking them to get off at the next stop there isn't much they can do. They can call for the BTP but if they aren't in the area then the delay to the service will cause the company more money than the ticket price.

It was more the feet on the seats I was talking about.

• 7 months later...
On 15/10/2020 at 20:29, Angusfifer said:

Took a train through to the fitba on Saturday. First train journey in Scotland for seven months. 

The guard emptied a group of lassies for not wearing face coverings, which impressed me greatly. 

Why? Arsehole behaviour given it's not mandatory for anybody to wear one.

Being aware that there are many good reasons why someone might not be wearing a face covering. Please be kind and don’t challenge them, Some people may be wearing a lanyard or badge to show they are exempt or carry an exemption card, but some may not.

Those exempt under the guidance and regulations do not have to prove their exemption and should not be made to wear a face covering or denied access to public transport, shops or public places. We ask for people to be aware of the exemptions and to treat each other with kindness.

Taken from - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/face-coverings/#enforcement

Edited by RawB93

Why? Arsehole behaviour given it's not mandatory for anybody to wear one.
Being aware that there are many good reasons why someone might not be wearing a face covering. Please be kind and don’t challenge them, Some people may be wearing a lanyard or badge to show they are exempt or carry an exemption card, but some may not.
Those exempt under the guidance and regulations do not have to prove their exemption and should not be made to wear a face covering or denied access to public transport, shops or public places. We ask for people to be aware of the exemptions and to treat each other with kindness.
Taken from - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/face-coverings/#enforcement
It's mandatory on public transport. I was on the train as a passenger the other week. They aren't great on long journeys but I just pulled it down from my nose every so often for a breather and put it back up. It really isn't difficult. I do wonder how many of these arseholes who refuse to wear a mask are like my idiot sister in law who refuses "because of asthma" yet will happily fill her lungs with tobacco smoke 15 times a day.

It's mandatory on public transport. I was on the train as a passenger the other week. They aren't great on long journeys but I just pulled it down from my nose every so often for a breather and put it back up. It really isn't difficult. I do wonder how many of these arseholes who refuse to wear a mask are like my idiot sister in law who refuses "because of asthma" yet will happily fill her lungs with tobacco smoke 15 times a day.
I wonder if anyone has ever, even during production (probably only for higher end masks tbf) ever done an airflow test through them.

I ask because for me, theres absolutely no fucking way that a mask can impede airflow to the point that it can somehow affect someone who has asthma.

Haply to proved wrong if anyone knows differently but I dint think asthma is a suitable excuse.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I wonder if anyone has ever, even during production (probably only for higher end masks tbf) ever done an airflow test through them.

I ask because for me, theres absolutely no fucking way that a mask can impede airflow to the point that it can somehow affect someone who has asthma.

Haply to proved wrong if anyone knows differently but I dint think asthma is a suitable excuse.

I read a study that did show a notably reduced oxygen intake during exercise. So if someone already has a reduced ability to take in oxygen then adding another aspect might not be particularly great.  

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I read a study that did show a notably reduced oxygen intake during exercise. So if someone already has a reduced ability to take in oxygen then adding another aspect might not be particularly great.  

Asthma.org.uk disagrees. They suggest that even someone with sever asthma can wear a mask due to there being no evidence of reduced O2 or increased CO2.