C**** on a Train

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Last Thursday on the way to Glasgow, 2 businessmen sitting in a table of 4 see a group get on, moved all their laptops etc. Onto the 2 spare so no one could sit next to them.

They almost missed getting off at Stirling because of everyone standing around them unable to move.

Why didnt anybody ask if the seats were free so they could sit down??

Why didnt anybody ask if the seats were free so they could sit down??

My pal asked one of them but the guy ignored him, think the 2 had planned to just ignore anyone requesting a seat tbh.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

My pal asked one of them but the guy ignored him, think the 2 had planned to just ignore anyone requesting a seat tbh.

They are c***s then!!!

Reason i asked was when the old forth bridge was closed i took the train a couple of days over to edinburgh and the amount of groups that got on then complained on there mobiles saying "theres nae seats" to others when there was plenty of single seats availabe

Edited by doulikefish

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

On the Subway home, saw a girl get out of her seat to stand at the door before her stop. While the train was still at Partick. With the doors open.

There's a woman does this every morning on my train. Stands up as the train pulls in to High Street, but doesn't get off till Queen Street. She gets on at the same stop as me and stands with her toes on the yellow line peering in the direction of the approaching train, as if it's going to get past her without stopping. 

I will throw her under it one day.

Train journey to Aberdeen today threw up some winners; one of those married couples who've got absolutely nothing left to say to each other...she was reduced to spending the journey listing Things She's Just Seen:

"Houses."

"Cows."

"Dundee."

"Houses."

Meanwhile he just sat with his chin on his chest looking depressed.

Also a twentysomething lassie who was increasingly desperately trying to find somebody to talk pish to for the duration of her journey:

"Sarah? AAAAIIIIEEEE!!!! It's Tasha - I'm on the TRAIIINNNN!...."

"Oh, right...speak to you later..."

Once it could maybe have been just somebody on the way out the door, but when it happened for the third or fourth time it became evident to everyone in earshot - i.e. the whole carriage - that Tasha wasn't anywhere near as popular as she thought she was at the start of the journey...

The 15.07 Glasgow Queen Street to Inverness was an absolute delight on Friday. As well as the seat reservations apparently being double booked, it also brought in the full spectrum of villainous scum that Scotrail attract.

Can't wait to do the reverse journey again today.

On 12/10/2017 at 20:53, mizfit said:

Then you poke him hard in the chest and repeat the request, very loudly.

The 15.07 Glasgow Queen Street to Inverness was an absolute delight on Friday. As well as the seat reservations apparently being double booked, it also brought in the full spectrum of villainous scum that Scotrail attract.

Can't wait to do the reverse journey again today.

At least you get to go over the Forth Bridge

On 12/10/2017 at 20:53, mizfit said:

Then it is a decleration of war against society. Get someone to block the line of sight of the cctv and fuckin pile in. If you are not the fighting type piss on/ throw away the laptop. That confrontation should go all the way to death. Even if you lose, on your grave stone they can explain how you went out a good yin.

On 12/10/2017 at 20:37, mizfit said:

Last Thursday on the way to Glasgow, 2 businessmen sitting in a table of 4 see a group get on, moved all their laptops etc. Onto the 2 spare so no one could sit next to them.

They almost missed getting off at Stirling because of everyone standing around them unable to move.

I'm raging just reading this. "Shift!" is all it takes.

Then it is a decleration of war against society. Get someone to block the line of sight of the cctv and fuckin pile in. If you are not the fighting type piss on/ throw away the laptop. That confrontation should go all the way to death. Even if you lose, on your grave stone they can explain how you went out a good yin.

Or cover them in ketchup.

" A dinnae ken, a cannae work it oot. This ticket sais 13 n 14, bit the thing up there sais 15 n 16. Where ur we? Whit numbers is oan yours?"

It's going to be a long couple of hours.

I get the Inverness train home most days. Hearing these conversations on a daily basis mean I have some immunity to them. It also mean I don't particularly want to engage with them to help. I leave that thankless task to the Ticket Inspector.

The other fun thing with the Inverness train is that it departs from the same platform as the 17.37 Aberdeen train. Every day or two there is the familiar tale of people catching the wrong train and then being annoyed/furious about catching the wrong train.