C**** on a Train

We have 1 :(.  Although it is a terminus. 

I think there's chat of the Inverness Airport station getting re-opened/re-built once the A96 starts getting done up.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

We have 1 :(.  Although it is a terminus. 

I think there's chat of the Inverness Airport station getting re-opened/re-built once the A96 starts getting done up.

That's happening but I don't know why they're bothering. You'll still have to take a shuttle to get to the airport and the existing bus service is fine.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's happening but I don't know why they're bothering. You'll still have to take a shuttle to get to the airport and the existing bus service is fine.

Is there not going to be some kind of Park and Ride type facility to serve the massive development at Tornagrain? (sorry Teuchters thread for this pish etc.)

Edited by RiG

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just seen a guy put his ticket in the barriers, when all the barriers are wide open. Utter fucking moron.

I do that to ensure my journey is counted - every journey counts when Abhellio are intent on fucking over your commute station, especially as it has no barriers so I suspect they downplay the passenger numbers.

I do that to ensure my journey is counted - every journey counts when Abhellio are intent on fucking over your commute station, especially as it has no barriers so I suspect they downplay the passenger numbers.
Smart cards maybe. A ticket wouldn't matter.

Kirkcaldy only having one station and places like Dumbarton, Greenock and Coatbridge having multiple is a bit mad. To walk to the top of the town from the station in Kirkcaldy would take over an hour. I think there’s a bit chat about a station towards Dysart but all hearsay as yet.

11 hours ago, RiG said:

Is there not going to be some kind of Park and Ride type facility to serve the massive development at Tornagrain? (sorry Teuchters thread for this pish etc.)

Not sure but you can be guaranteed there will be no pub or cafe in the new development. There never is in all the new developments around Inverness yet people complain about the traffic without mentioning the shitty bus services, never mind the loneliness and isolation for the elderly or people who have trouble getting about.

C*nts that don't make their way to their reserved seat untill after the train has pulled out of the station making me think the seat is available.
Also c*nts that are adamant they want their reserved seat despite the rest of the coach being practically empty.

C*nts that don't make their way to their reserved seat untill after the train has pulled out of the station making me think the seat is available.
Also c*nts that are adamant they want their reserved seat despite the rest of the coach being practically empty.
Surely you have exclusivity to the driver's seat? B)

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

If the rest of the coach is practically empty why are you sitting in their reserved seat?

5 hours ago, Jason King said:

Station usage is calculated based on tickets bought to/from it, regardless if people actually travel there.

If the rest of the coach is practically empty why are you sitting in their reserved seat?
If I get on at Motherwell and I see a table seat empty with 'reserved from Glasgow' as we pull out of Motherwell I can then stop my hunt for a seat that is unreserved on the assumption that whoever was designated that seat has chosen to sit elsewhere/travel on another train/has died. As soon as I have decanted all my gear, plugged in all devices needing charged and got myself comfortable queue the said person finally bumbling their way into the carriage after getting lost somewhere along the train. C*nts.

9 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
10 hours ago, GordonD said:

If I get on at Motherwell and I see a table seat empty with 'reserved from Glasgow' as we pull out of Motherwell I can then stop my hunt for a seat that is unreserved on the assumption that whoever was designated that seat has chosen to sit elsewhere/travel on another train/has died. As soon as I have decanted all my gear, plugged in all devices needing charged and got myself comfortable queue the said person finally bumbling their way into the carriage after getting lost somewhere along the train. C*nts.

In which case you tell them to bolt as the seat isn't 'theirs' until Glasgow