The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Granted the recruitment under Rodgers has set Celtic back but it doesn't mean it still isn't working.
Dembelle came and went under Rodgers we still have Ajer,Christie,Eddie and Ntcham.   

The contracts for all of those players run out in 18 months now. If you don't sell them in January, you'll have to accept a discount on their value in summer. If you don't sell in summer, they'll leave for nothing.

I don't think you'd even make back the money you spent on Ntcham now, which was £4.5m.

Once they all go in the next six months, who's the next player to go for big money? There isn't one.

7 minutes ago, G51 said:

The contracts for all of those players run out in 18 months now. If you don't sell them in January, you'll have to accept a discount on their value in summer. If you don't sell in summer, they'll leave for nothing.

I don't think you'd even make back the money you spent on Ntcham now, which was £4.5m.

Once they all go in the next six months, who's the next player to go for big money? There isn't one.

Whether Celtic get the ten or not players will leave,McGregor mite see his future somewhere else like Tierney did.
Frimpong or Turnbull or even a player we haven't signed yet,you are asking me to look 2 years into the future FFS.
The point I was making still stands and the position the club puts themselves in still stands.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Of course it does if Lennon is a major contributing factor to the level of apathy. I like how you chose one part of my response and tried to use it to fit your narrative and ignored the other points I made.

He's good at that, to be fair.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Whether Celtic get the ten or not players will leave,McGregor mite see his future somewhere else like Tierney did.
Frimpong or Turnbull or even a player we haven't signed yet,you are asking me to look 2 years into the future FFS.
The point I was making still stands and the position the club puts themselves in still stands.

Frimpong has almost zero chance of being the next £20m player. He'll need to grow about 4 inches, fill out a lot and develop an end product before he's even close. Turnbull can be a good player but he won't develop if you don't play him, and he has much to add to his game before he gets there. Being a midfielder that scores goals isn't enough.

McGregor is 27, so in a couple of years time he'll be touching 30. Hard to see an EPL team spending big money on a player who's only ever performed in Scotland, and occasionally the Europa League (and I really rate McGregor as a player).

So if the money isn't coming in from player trading, how is the inevitable financial shortfall going to be covered? Either Desmond puts his hand in his pocket, or Celtic are going to downsize even further.

21 hours ago, Romeo said:
21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Neil Lennon.... The altar at which Celtic Football Club are sacrificed to the banter gods.

Just wait til we clean up again this season. Peter will be carried through the city on the shoulders of the fans.

What is more impossible, celtic 'cleaning up' this season or Peter Lawwell being able to be carried by other humans? 

8 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

I think the club are in damage limitation mode now. Regardless on whether Lenny get the next few weeks, or the title is won or lost, change is inevitable.

The wheels were going to come off at some point, from a fan’s perspective it’s unfortunate it’s at such a monumental season and at such a rapid rate of decline.

Lennon is a contributing factor, but he’s not the only one guilty of complacency here.
He knew the job and that he’d ultimately carry the can.

The Celtic board do seem to have made money available to Lennon

the mis management of the goalkeeper situation this summer is the main reason celtic won't compete on any front this season.

Barkas is like a man down. So many superior keepers in top division and also lower leagues.

And Duffy... thats another story.

Time's up Lenny