The Celtic All Seasons thread

As soon as you have a rangers fan wanting to make this issue solely about Celtic the conversation is immediately not worth having. 

I think there’s enough evidence out there that this was a horrible wee culture in youth football beyond celtic generally for a certain generation.

Absolutely Celtic are culpable and should face up to it but making it a partisan issue is pretty risible and adds absolutely nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

As soon as you have a rangers fan wanting to make this issue solely about Celtic the conversation is immediately not worth having. 

I think there’s enough evidence out there that this was a horrible wee culture in youth football beyond celtic generally for a certain generation.

Absolutely Celtic are culpable and should face up to it but making it a partisan issue is pretty risible and adds absolutely nothing. 

Not sure about that. The guy has a chance of getting some points on the board here.

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you are referring to myself I clearly said  the abuse could have happened at any youth organisation.   

The huge difference between the Celtic boys club case and the many others is the attempt by Celtic supporters to vilify anyone who speaks out against their clubs behaviour. Anyone in the press who speaks out against them. The failure of the footballing authorities. The failure of our politicians to protect the most vulnerable and their failure to hold a public enquiry into the worst paedophile case in British sporting history! 

Obvioulsy it’s not going to end with just Celtic. Spotlight have evidence linking boys from Celtic Boys Club being sent to other clubs in England and boys being sent north. This is very much just the beginning.

Its incredible the outcry over Goodwillie from politicians , media, supporters of all clubs yet the almost complete silence over the biggest paedophile ring in British Sporting history! 

If only these concerned Celtic supporters had spoken out earlier. It has been an ‘open secret’ for literally decades! 

49 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Its incredible the outcry over Goodwillie from politicians , media, supporters of all clubs yet the almost complete silence over the biggest paedophile ring in British Sporting history! 

Don't bring him into this. DG is an individual who has not  acknowledged the damage he did when he wrecked the life of a young woman who was in no fit state to rebuff his vile advances. That is why the great and the good pass comment on him. Had he apologised and offered some form of penence then little would have been said.

You make some good points regarding the tribalistic nature on groups of fans and indeed regarding the big picture of the abuse of young men in the 1970s and 1980s at football clubs.  This subject needs to be treated with respect and sensitivity. Moronic comment from loudmouths on Twitter and Facebook invariably with Union Jack profiles who see things in binary terms (club I hate bad, my club good) does nothing other than twist and cheapen a highly important subject than needs investigation and closure for the victims.

7 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Don't bring him into this. DG is an individual who has not  acknowledged the damage he did when he wrecked the life of a young woman who was in no fit state to rebuff his vile advances. That is why the great and the good pass comment on him. Had he apologised and offered some form of penence then little would have been said.

You make some good points regarding the tribalistic nature on groups of fans and indeed regarding the big picture of the abuse of young men in the 1970s and 1980s at football clubs.  This subject needs to be treated with respect and sensitivity. Moronic comment from loudmouths on Twitter and Facebook invariably with Union Jack profiles who see things in binary terms (club I hate bad, my club good) does nothing other than twist and cheapen a highly important subject than needs investigation and closure for the victims.

Let's be honest, a sizeable amount just want the ok to sing BJK.

The ‘Celtic fans’ he speaks of I have yet to see. I’m not saying they don’t exist but every post I have seen online is about doing the right thing. The whole vilification thing as if some sizeable mob are hounding anybody who looks in to it is utter fantasy and sadly he really wants it to be true for some reason. Add in sensationalising everything with exclamation marks again I think we can file this poster as a fully paid up BJK loyal member who shouldn’t be conversed with.

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Let's be honest, a sizeable amount just want the ok to sing BJK.

Some see it as sport, oblivious to the wider issue and how many clubs have victims. For some of them it feels it doesn’t matter as those cases may be fewer but 1 case is 1 case too fucking many no matter the name it happened under. There has to be culpability for the clubs and compensation for each and every victim

The victims need to come 1st not this need to get one up your rivals.

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The ‘Celtic fans’ he speaks of I have yet to see. I’m not saying they don’t exist but every post I have seen online is about doing the right thing. The whole vilification thing as if some huge mob are hounding anybody who looks in to it is utter fantasy and sadly he really wants it to be true for some reason. Add in sensationalising everything with exclamation marks again I think we can file this poster as a fully paid up BJK loyal member who shouldn’t be conversed with.

So you haven’t read anything from the Gray family?

You haven’t read anything from Gordon Woods?

Apoligising now you’ve been found out is utterly meaningless! 

The silence from the Celtic support on this matter has been deafening 

Your personal abuse here just proves my point!

There is so much more about to come out now the court case is going forward. From the very top of Celtic football club to the very bottom. Rotten to the core but people like you looked the other way

As reported in the Scottish Daily Express. 13 young men took their own life! 

1 minute ago, AB1872 said:

There is so much more about to come out now the court case is going forward. From the very top of Celtic football club to the very bottom. Rotten to the core but people like you looked the other way

This will be last time I I will reply to you on this. I am aware of the Daily Express article, I am aware that people would have turned a blind eye to this. However To suggest that the standard fan knew of the goings on at the boys club is frankly ridiculous, and that hundreds of parents would have sent their kids to a boys club if this was such an ‘open secret’ knowing they were potentially putting them in harms way is pretty absurd. 

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

This will be last time I I will reply to you on this. I am aware of the Daily Express article, I am aware that people would have turned a blind eye to this. However To suggest that the standard fan knew of the goings on at the boys club is frankly ridiculous, and that hundreds of parents would have sent their kids to a boys club if this was such an ‘open secret’ knowing they were potentially putting them in harms way is pretty absurd. 

The enquiry led by the SFA actually implied that many parents , including Andrew Grays father, had suspicions 

Former Celtic Captain and manager Billy McNeill admitted in court many years ago it was an ‘open secret’

It was known when Stein kicked Torbett out the club only for others to allow him back when Stein was gone. 

There is no way that the support did not know. There has been countless court cases and something getting close to 10 individuals employed / connected to the club convicted of CSA! 
Sorry but you would have to have been living on the moon not to know this was happening at your club! 

If you are genuinely sorry why not try reading some of the stuff put out there by Gordon Woods? The Gray family and the others who have been abandoned by the authorities and the media and had to fund their investigation themselves. 

Took me 30 seconds to google James Forrest blog Daily Express. But hey if you want to keep denying there was evidence before now then carry on. 

1 hour ago, AB1872 said:

If you are referring to myself I clearly said  the abuse could have happened at any youth organisation.   

The huge difference between the Celtic boys club case and the many others is the attempt by Celtic supporters to vilify anyone who speaks out against their clubs behaviour. Anyone in the press who speaks out against them. The failure of the footballing authorities. The failure of our politicians to protect the most vulnerable and their failure to hold a public enquiry into the worst paedophile case in British sporting history! 

Obvioulsy it’s not going to end with just Celtic. Spotlight have evidence linking boys from Celtic Boys Club being sent to other clubs in England and boys being sent north. This is very much just the beginning.

If only these concerned Celtic supporters had spoken out earlier. It has been an ‘open secret’ for literally decades! 

Your own club has its many open secrets in regards to this issue. 

Go call them out after you get off your high horse.

23 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Why are you on the attack here? There is no one here not acknowledging cases of abuse however you do seem to think Celtic are the only club in Scotland where this was happening….it wasn’t and i do hope you apply the same energy to holding all clubs to account for their failings….including the ones that happened under your clubs name. 

What is it you want the Celtic support to do exactly? What is it you want the club to do exactly? All the club can do is apologise and compensate because the people who carried out the abuse or didn’t  do the right things to bring it to attention are no longer here to be held to account. It’s almost as if you want the current board of directors to face prosecution for crimes they were not involved in.

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Why are you on the attack here? There is no one here not acknowledging cases of abuse however you do seem to think Celtic are the only club in Scotland where this was happening….it wasn’t and i do hope you apply the same energy to holding all clubs to account for their failings….including the ones that happened under your clubs name. 

What is it you want the Celtic support to do exactly? What is it you want the club to do exactly? All the club can do is apologise and compensate because the people who carried out the abuse or didn’t  do the right things to bring it to attention are no longer here to be held to account. It’s almost as if you want the current board of directors to face prosecution for crimes they were not involved in.

Probably wants us “demoted like his club were.”

Not sure what he’s hoping to achieve outside of looking like a rambling lunatic.

8 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

The enquiry led by the SFA actually implied that many parents , including Andrew Grays father, had suspicions 

Former Celtic Captain and manager Billy McNeill admitted in court many years ago it was an ‘open secret’

It was known when Stein kicked Torbett out the club only for others to allow him back when Stein was gone. 

There is no way that the support did not know. There has been countless court cases and something getting close to 10 individuals employed / connected to the club convicted of CSA! 
Sorry but you would have to have been living on the moon not to know this was happening at your club! 

If you are genuinely sorry why not try reading some of the stuff put out there by Gordon Woods? The Gray family and the others who have been abandoned by the authorities and the media and had to fund their investigation themselves. 

Took me 30 seconds to google James Forrest blog Daily Express. But hey if you want to keep denying there was evidence before now then carry on. 

Calm yersel’ down, man. It was an horrific thing to happen and every fan I know on supporters buses and in pubs and at the ground etc ALL want it sorted out and for the victims to be properly compensated.

There will of course be arseholes in the Celtic support who do the things you suggested but I can practically guarantee there are not many of them at all.  Arseholes are arseholes in all walks of life and not just relating to football.

As for the “open secret” thing, I first ever heard of the whole issue when I got online in the early 2000s and Rangers fans were writing BJK all over the internet.

I actually like you, man. Known you (online) for years now but you’re way off base here.

12 minutes ago, stressball said:

Probably wants us “demoted like his club were.”

Not sure what he’s hoping to achieve outside of looking like a rambling lunatic.

Which shouldn't be the motivation and would only suggest he is being driven by something more sinister. The motivation should be to ensure Celtic move everything they can to give any victims closure and not adequate but generous compensation so they can try rebuild their lives and to ensure nothing like this can ever happen again. 

18 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sorry but I thought I had made this clear but obviously I haven’t. These crimes could have and actually did happen at many other sporting clubs. They could and have happened at other youth organisations. 

The Celtic board should not be held accountable for crimes of others and the wrongdoings of previous Celtic boards.

However the present Celtic board should be held accountable for the continued denials and deflection that carried on right up to yesterday’s landmark ruling.

I don’t want the Celtic support to do anything. Sorry but the time for that was 40/50 years ago when it began. The Celtic support had literally decades to ask questions but they chose not to. The Celtic support chose to attack those who did question their club. 

I am angry that people like Gordon Woods has endured dreadful abuse from some within the Celtic support. His only crime was looking for justice and an apology from the club he once dreamed of playing for.

I don’t doubt for one minute that you are genuinely sorry for what happened. Christ you’d have to be some kind of monster not to but what angers me is the Celtic supporters only now talking about it. Silence and turning a blind eye allowed these b*****d to get away with it for so long. 

Im not even sure the Celtic support realise the gravity of the situation. There is so much more to be announced. If you are interested in finding out more follow Gordon Woods, The Grays or even Spotlight. I admit it won’t make pleasant reading but then you will be able to ask the questions that your club need to answer 

And if you have anything on any other club , sporting organisation, youth organisation related to this feel free to bring it Gordon Woods attention as I know he will look into it. 

5 hours ago, AB1872 said:

f**k it. I ll tell you why I’ve red dotted  the posts. 

The Celtic support didn’t just turn their backs on the victims / survivors of abuse. The Celtic support have attacked the survivors of abuse. The Celtic support have attacked the families of a victim of abuse who ultimately took his own life. The Celtic support have attacked media outlets who have tried to highlight how deep this went within the club and ran campaigns to boycott any individual journalist , newspapers etc. Only last week there were calls to boycott the Scottish Daily Express for daring to openly report on this utter tragedy and that 13 victims of abuse at Celtic Boys Club had taken their own life!! 

I always stay clear of this subject on FF as it goes way beyond something as trivial as football! Young men / children had their life’s destroyed by those they trusted! It’s not just these 22 in the test case. According to abuse survivor Gordon Woods, he openly posts online under his own name , it runs into the hundreds of victims. 

Gordon Woods has had his life threatened on many occasions by the Celtic support but has bravely came forward as the ‘public’ voice for the victims. I wonder how many of you Celtic posters follow Gordon? How many have messaged support to him? I’m sure there are some and now it’s been highlighted I’d hope more of you will. 

These despicable crimes could have happened at any youth organisation. According to Gordon Woods there are a few other clubs where similar abuse took place. The difference with this case , we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg, is how high this went within the club! Club officials were business partners with abusers. Club officials turned a blind eye to what was going on. The victims were not believed, ignored they had nobody to turn to!!

The late great Jock Stein on hearing the whispers booted James Torbett out the club. After the death of Stein Torbett was allowed back. That is disgusting and those responsible for this have to be held to account.

I’ ll take the red dots back if it makes you feel better and I honestly hope you and the rest of the Celtic posters stop and actually look at the way the club have handled themselves in all this. The way the support ignored the victims of these crimes. The way the media have shied away from reporting this in Scotland. MSPs from all parties have been asked by the victims for support but have been given next to none and in general they’ve been ignored. 

It’s been a long hard road for people like Gordon Woods but hopefully the end is in sight for him and he ll get justice / closure and can try and move on as best he can. For the 13 who took their own life it is too little too late 

Have you messaged to support abuse victims at Ibrox? I haven't done so for the victims at my club. Does that mean we have also turned our backs on it or ignored it at our clubs? 

Whilst it is a good thing to do, I'm not sure that not doing it means you have turned your back on victims. If the other things about threats and abuse that is appalling and shocking. I think across football clubs all supporters react the same, they want the victims to get justice and the perpetrators punished. Beyond that I'm not sure what else there is to be said. From what I've seen Celtic and Rangers fans react the same. I'm only commenting on the subject because I'm uncomfortable with tarring a group of fans because of individuals employed by their club because it also happened at my own. But if there have been threats or abuse that is very disturbing and they should be severely punished.