The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Is that you now trying to justify the abuse McGeady and McCarthy received?

I hate to break it to you, but your pretend ignorance on the situation involving Vata is fooling nobody.

No wonder these guys decide not to represent Scotland, it’s hard to blame them.

No… Why do you keep adding meaning to my words that I haven’t said?

I never said their abuse was justified, I told you why they received it because my opinion differs from yours. It happened up and down the country and ramped up even more so before we played Ireland in the Euro qualifiers. I remember Gordon McQueen infamously saying he hoped they got a bad reception because they’d decided against representing Scotland. Does that mean everyone that was upset or angry with them hold anti-Irish views?

You’ve still to explain why the comments are to be considered racist rather than just snide or embarrassing and I doubt we will get there so best to leave it.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

No the green brigade asked to make a tifo of one big tricolor but were refused because it may cause offence on Easter Sunday
So they gave them out free at the turnstiles M8.

And why did they want to make a big tifo of a tricolour?

8 hours ago, bennett said:

Is that what clown face was going on about 😂

Losing on Sunday has completely destroyed them.

I find these throwaway comments picked up from social media quite nauseating tbh, I do find it quite funny however that liquidation doesn’t destroy you however losing a match does. Even when we lose against the orcs they do provide us with some absolute pearlers of logic.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I find these throwaway comments picked up from social media quite nauseating tbh, I do find it quite funny however that liquidation doesn’t destroy you however losing a match does. Even when we lose against the orcs they do provide us with some absolute pearlers of logic.

It’s their new go to statement on here, 55 has destroyed them, signing Annan Ramsey has destroyed them, Sunday has completely destroyed them. Etc etc. Don’t think I’ve saw it anywhere else. 

39 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s their new go to statement on here, 55 has destroyed them, signing Annan Ramsey has destroyed them, Sunday has completely destroyed them. Etc etc. Don’t think I’ve saw it anywhere else. 

Aaron Ramsey has pretty much destroyed himself and any delusions that they may sign him permanently however we are on the cusp of bouncing straight back with a league and cup double despite the biggest rebuild we have had in over 2 decades so if last season didn’t destroy us do they think loosing a Scottish Cup semi will? 😂 Sounds like wishful thinking from a very insecure support 

16 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I heard the RTV commentator making a wee snide comment about Rocco Vata choosing to play for Ireland during the Glasgow Cup game today 

Edit: Here is it 

Celtic fans on the build up to Sunday : let’s go to war under the flag of Ireland bhoys 

Celtic fans since Sunday : their players tackled ours and their commentator was snide during a youth game 

Edited by Forever_blueco

Celtic fans on the build up to Sunday : let’s go to war under the flag of Ireland lads  
Celtic fans since Sunday : their players tackled ours and their commentator was snide during a youth game 
If you're going to do this, at least go to the effort of making the meme wi the dugs

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Because Celtic as a club have a strong Irish identity?

That'll be the club founded in Glasgow, Scotland...who have played/traded for their entire existence in Glasgow, Scotland, whose greatest (& Scottish club football's greatest) honour was achieved by 11 players and a manager all born within 30 miles of Glasgow, Scotland....That club ?