The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reports that Hatate is out for 2 months. Surprised you let Turnbull go in that case as that’ll leave you short on options.

I’m not so sure. In that area of the pitch we have Bernardo, CalMac, Holm, Iwata, and O’Riley. Palma could also play as the furthest forward midfielder.

Hatate is a big loss, but we do have options.

23 minutes ago, stressball said:

I’m not so sure. In that area of the pitch we have Bernardo, CalMac, Holm, Iwata, and O’Riley. Palma could also play as the furthest forward midfielder.

Hatate is a big loss, but we do have options.

Ah fair enough. You’ll not really miss him that much domestically as the backup players are decent enough and he’s not played many minutes in the league this season anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye because you have done so well against him 😂

Rangers have scored more against him than anyone else in the leagut tbf, think its 14 goals in 13 games. 4 clean sheets.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers have scored more against him than anyone else in the leagut tbf, think its 14 goals in 13 games. 4 clean sheets.

I’d expect that no matter who our keeper is since Rangers will generally create more chances against us than any other team in the league 

Your maths I also think is wrong it’s 13 goals in 14 matches with 5 clean sheets. Rangers have also only scored more than 1 goal into him on 3 occasions.

W8 D3 L2 

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Aye because you have done so well against him 😂

Aside from what RandomGuy mentions, I can think off the top of my head about 4 goals we’ve scored into Hart where he was either wholly or partly to blame for conceding. That’s quite a high portion of the goals conceded against us.

I was delighted that Celtic went with him as their number 1 this season. His inability to effectively pass out from the back has hindered Celtic massively at times, perfectly illustrated against Kilmarnock at the weekend.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s bad news for 11 Premiership clubs as Joe Hart announces he will be retiring at the end of the season 😔 

The toxic Celtic support have probably pushed him towards this decision.

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aside from what RandomGuy mentions, I can think off the top of my head about 4 goals we’ve scored into Hart where he was either wholly or partly to blame for conceding. That’s quite a high portion of the goals conceded against us.

I was delighted that Celtic went with him as their number 1 this season. His inability to effectively pass out from the back has hindered Celtic massively at times, perfectly illustrated against Kilmarnock at the weekend.

Just 4? There will always be a much higher chance of a keeper mistake leading to a goal however that 4 is significantly less than the 7 or 8 that James Tavernier is wholly or partly responsible for in this fixture over the same time period and he isn’t even the keeper 😉 

Anyway he’s done his job, good luck to him. He’s never been the best with his feet and we have had better, and worse but he’s still played a part in our success. 

Edited by Jinky67

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Just 4? There will always be a much higher chance of a keeper mistake leading to a goal however that 4 is significantly less than the 7 or 8 that James Tavernier is wholly or partly responsible for in this fixture over the same time period and he isn’t even the keeper 😉 

Anyway he’s done his job, good luck to him. He’s never been the best with his feet and we have had better, and worse but he’s still played a part in our success. 

If we put the whataboutery aside, I think my original point stands.

The fact that every team other than Celtic will be disappointed at his decision to retire says quite a lot about his current ability.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

He basically retired three years ago.

He basically retired on Boxing Day 2018 when he became Burnley’s reserve goalkeeper.

The fact he found a club willing to top up his pension to the tune of £15k a week whilst being their first choice goalkeeper is remarkable.

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

If we put the whataboutery aside, I think my original point stands.

The fact that every team other than Celtic will be disappointed at his decision to retire says quite a lot about his current ability.

Thats your opinion and that’s fine but if you are relying on fact then the you have to accept that in those 14 games he has played against you he has conceded fewer goals than the 14 games before he arrived.

Joe Hart was a step up from who we had at the time which was the banter pairing of Barkas and Bain. Could we have gotten better? You can always get better however he did improve us in that department. O

There is also a decent argument to suggest that since the turn of the year if not for Hart and some of the saves he has made we would be further behind Rangers than we actually are.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Thats your opinion and that’s fine but if you are relying on fact then the you have to accept that in those 14 games he has played against you he has conceded fewer goals than the 14 games before he arrived.

Joe Hart was a step up from who we had at the time which was the banter pairing of Barkas and Bain. Could we have gotten better? You can always get better however he did improve us in that department. O

There is also a decent argument to suggest that since the turn of the year if not for Hart and some of the saves he has made we would be further behind Rangers than we actually are.

While he was a step up from Barkas and Bain, I feel Hart’s ability has dropped off massively since he arrived at Celtic.

It’s similar to McGregor with us. His decline from the season we won the league til he hung up his gloves was staggering. A shadow of the player he once was and he was making a lot of mistakes.

Hart falls into that category too, IMO. He started off well at Celtic, but now he is so far below the level that you need and the decision to go with him as your number 1 this season was a huge gamble.