The Celtic All Seasons thread

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

He was with you for 3 seasons though. He may have finished strongly, but on the whole I’d say he was a rather underwhelming signing for Celtic. He came in after a calamitous campaign with Barkas in goal, but when you think of keepers like Forster and even Boruc at Celtic, I don’t think Hart comes close.

He was obviously well regarded by the Celtic support, but how much of that was based on his ability rather than his character?

It’s certainly about opinions, but in the games I tended to see him in against us and particularly in Europe, he was shaky. I can think of about 4 incidents off the top of my head against us alone where he made a mistake that either led to a goal or a big opportunity.

That's it completely. A fairly average goalkeeper by the time he came to Celtic (and probably for his whole career). But there's no doubt that he improved their defence and added a bit of the Scot Browns to the team 

52 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah I don’t think he was a very good goalkeeper latterly. I think Kasper is levels above.

Doesn’t excuse your personal insults of me Jinky.

I’m not looking to be excused and backpedaling doesn’t excuse yours 😊

48 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s certainly about opinions, but in the games I tended to see him in against us and particularly in Europe, he was shaky. I can think of about 4 incidents off the top of my head against us alone where he made a mistake that either led to a goal or a big opportunity.

The only one I can remember in our games is some bad positioning for a free kick but in recent seasons McGregor and Butland have also made huge mistakes that cost goals and games in that fixture. Butland cost you the Scottish Cup and a potential cup double, that’s a pretty significant howler and apparently you want to make him captain. Must be a thing as your current one is goal head start in every game 😉

I don’t disagree that when he joined Celtic he was past his best, goes without saying but his contribution was valuable and he done his job and left very successful and in high regard 

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

That's it completely. A fairly average goalkeeper by the time he came to Celtic (and probably for his whole career). But there's no doubt that he improved their defence and added a bit of the Scot Browns to the team 

I think you need a bit of that in a team. He brought some leadership quality, a good mentality and some shithousery to go with it. 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The only one I can remember in our games is some bad positioning for a free kick but in recent seasons McGregor and Butland have also made huge mistakes that cost goals and games in that fixture. Butland cost you the Scottish Cup and a potential cup double, that’s a pretty significant howler and apparently you want to make him captain. Must be a thing as your current one is goal head start in every game 😉

I don’t disagree that when he joined Celtic he was past his best, goes without saying but his contribution was valuable and he done his job and left very successful and in high regard 

I don’t want excused by you mate. I’ve been on here long enough to know what your game is.

Have a good day and I’m pretty sure over time you’ll see Kasper is a far, far better goalkeeper than Hart.

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t want excused by you mate. I’ve been on here long enough to know what your game is.

Have a good day and I’m pretty sure over time you’ll see Kasper is a far, far better goalkeeper than Hart.

My game 🤣 

When you aren't lying or making things up just about every other post, as far as Celtic is concerned, is hyperbole to the nth degree so if I have a game it's poking fun at that. If you are overly sensitive to what I replied to you or found it insulting, then you should address your own behaviour first or find a different thread to post in where you won't have to deal with me and my "game"

Edited by Jinky67

Reading Bernardo fee agreed - apparently £3.5 mil + add ons and just personal terms to be done. 

Would be a good signing to make permanent especially as it's almost inevitable we lose MOR unless signing his Danish friend can convince him to stay :).

Edited by Jinky67

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I think there were a few more than that. He flapped at a Helander headed goal at Ibrox, palmed a Lundstram shot straight into Cantwell’s path to score at Ibrox, got beat at his near post by Sakala at Celtic Park, and then rounded by him at Ibrox for him to score as well. That same game he came flying off his line in another incident that needed a header off the line from a defender to stop Cantwell scoring. Then even as recently as the Scottish cup final I think he was very suspect and got caught under the ball for the disallowed Sima goal. Raskin nudge got him out of jail though.

McGregor declined massively towards the end of his career and was poor in his last couple of seasons, and Butland was at fault in the final, but he was absolutely head and shoulders above Hart for the duration of the season.

I totally get what Hart added to your side, but I think his ability was lacking.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m pretty sure over time you’ll see Kasper is a far, far better goalkeeper than Hart.

I’m just surprised that you didn’t suggest that Kasper was a Falkirk reject 😉

Just now, AJF said:

I think there were a few more than that. He flapped at a Helander headed goal at Ibrox, palmed a Lundstram shot straight into Cantwell’s path to score at Ibrox, got beat at his near post by Sakala at Celtic Park, and then rounded by him at Ibrox for him to score as well. That same game he came flying off his line in another incident that needed a header off the line from a defender to stop Cantwell scoring. Then even as recently as the Scottish cup final I think he was very suspect and got caught under the ball for the disallowed Sima goal. Raskin nudge got him out of jail though.

McGregor declined massively towards the end of his career and was poor in his last couple of seasons, and Butland was at fault in the final, but he was absolutely head and shoulders above Hart for the duration of the season.

I totally get what Hart added to your side, but I think his ability was lacking.

You went right through the highlights eh? Must have been quite painful considering I imagine you lost most of those games, I admire the commitment. 

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

My game 🤣 

When you aren't lying or making things up just about every other post, as far as Celtic is concerned, is hyperbole to the nth degree so if I have a game it's poking fun at that. If you are overly sensitive to what I replied to you or found it insulting, then you should address your own behaviour first or find a different thread to post in where you won't have to deal with me and my "game"

Not the game I meant sir. I see you Jinky 👀.

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You went right through the highlights eh? Must have been quite painful considering I imagine you lost most of those games, I admire the commitment. 

Just a case of giving the examples of what I believe to be poor keeping from Hart that I can recall, I’m sure there’s more. But since you went there…

The examples I gave occurred across 4 games between us (I think). Celtic won only 1 of those matches. So, I think that adds even more weight to my argument. If Hart makes a howler or two in these games, Celtic more often than not fail to win.

Edited by AJF

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Believe it or not, we did express an interest in signing him but that was never going to happen 😂.

Real shame. He could have repaid Falkirk for giving him his start in the game.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Just a case of giving the examples of what I believe to be poor keeping from Hart that I can recall, I’m sure there’s more. But since you went there…

The examples I gave occurred across 4 games between us (I think). Celtic won only 1 of those matches. So, I think that adds even more weight to my argument. If Hart makes a howler or two in these games, Celtic more often than not fail to win.

It’s almost stating the obvious that if a keeper makes a mistake or 2 in these games you are likely failing to win.

But he won 10 of them from 16. Has he made mistakes ofc he has however the positive contribution clearly outweighs the bad

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s almost stating the obvious that if a keeper makes a mistake or 2 in these games you are likely failing to win.

But he won 10 of them from 16

Indeed, but it’s relevant to the point I was making where I mentioned I could recall numerous incidents where I felt Hart was at fault in matches I’d seen him in against us.

Rather than a rebuttal of those, you went down the “that must’ve been painful” route as you believed we’d lost the majority of those matches, which wasn’t the case in the examples I provided.

To summarise though, I think Hart was a definite improvement on what Celtic had prior to him and he had qualities that improved Celtic as a team. But I just feel his ability was relatively poor as a keeper over the course of his stay here, even if he did finish with a flourish.

Hart probably got a better send off than a whole host of Celtic players before him that had much more ability than he did. I don’t think that can be used as an example of him being a good keeper.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Indeed, but it’s relevant to the point I was making where I mentioned I could recall numerous incidents where I felt Hart was at fault in matches I’d seen him in against us.

Rather than a rebuttal of those, you went down the “that must’ve been painful” route as you believed we’d lost the majority of those matches, which wasn’t the case in the examples I provided.

To summarise though, I think Hart was a definite improvement on what Celtic had prior to him and he had qualities that improved Celtic as a team. But I just feel his ability was relatively poor as a keeper over the course of his stay here, even if he did finish with a flourish.

Hart probably got a better send off than a whole host of Celtic players before him that had much more ability than he did. I don’t think that can be used as an example of him being a good keeper.

Mate no offence but I’m not going to pick through 16 games worth of highlights to find you a rebuttal. It’s much simpler to look at the fact he has an impressive win ratio and since mistakes in these games from keepers are very costly there can’t have been that many.

But ultimately I was happy with Joes contribution and performances and as the paying fan it’s pretty much all that matters to me. 

Edited by Jinky67

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate no offence but I’m not going to pick through 16 games worth of highlights to find you a rebuttal. It’s much simpler to look at the fact he has an impressive win ratio and since mistakes in these games from keepers are very costly there can’t have been that many.

But ultimately I was happy with Joes contribution and performances and as the paying fan it’s pretty much all that matters to me. 

I never asked you to 🤷🏻‍♂️ your rebuttal could’ve been commenting on the examples I provided rather than give it the “that must’ve been painful” deflection.

It’s a debate about his ability at the end of the day. You were happy with it clearly. Myself, I wasn’t convinced by him and if given the choice, I’d rather it was Hart we were coming up against next season instead of Schmeichel, simply because in the games I’ve seen Hart in against us he has struggled. We simply have differing opinions on the ability of a keeper.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Jinky lashing out at the slightest negative remark towards anything Celtic.

Football's back!

Lashing 😂

It’s gotten a bit sensitive around here