The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Fergus McCann made it quite clear from the outset why he was doing it, what he aimed to achieve, and what he would get out of it financially & he succeeded on all counts. Liewell is a greedy, manipulative pathological liar who is desperate to be as clever as Daniel Levy, he got away with it for so long because of a complete lack of footballing competition, a craven sycophantic media & an ability to use bigotry and sectarian hatred as a means to weaponise fans to intimidate referees & other officials in the SFA & SPFL to do what he says or your windows will get it & your families will be abused in the streets. All this to masdively enrich himself, if Celtic Park burned down tomorrow he wouldn't piss on it unless there was a bonus in it for him.

Fergus did the same thing from a higher position,Lawwell gets paid in the same way yes they're both greedy b*****ds and take dosh out the club.
What they both have done is make Celtic successful off the park we can debate whether Celtic can be more successful or less but the facts are all there for fans to read. 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fergus did the same thing from a higher position,Lawwell gets paid in the same way yes they're both greedy b*****ds and take dosh out the club.
What they both have done is make Celtic successful off the park we can debate whether Celtic can be more successful or less but the facts are all there for fans to read. 

No he didn’t their motivation and how they went about their business couldn’t be further apart. Fergus is cut from a very very different cloth from Lawell.

Lawell is a parasite, his motivation is self-preservation and he needs emptied at the first opportunity.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

No he didn’t their motivation and how they went about their business couldn’t be further apart. Fergus is cut from a very very different cloth from Lawell.

Lawell is a parasite, his motivation is self-preservation and he needs emptied at the first opportunity.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fergus still has shares in the club there is very little chance he completely walked away even if it's a small position.
Like I said I couldn't careless about these type of people they are there to run the business I'm only interested in the football side.

3 hours ago, G51 said:

Celtics wildcard is Desmond. If he sticks €10m into Celtic and uses it for a manager, there’s no reason Celtic couldn’t hire Benitez.

However a) as I alluded to earlier, Celtics flotation on the stock market makes this difficult, and b) he’s never shown much of an inclination to do this IIRC. Can’t remember the last time he did.

If it were to happen I certainly don’t see it costing us anywhere near close to that. He was on £4 million at Newcastle while they were in the championship and was uplifted to £6 million when they reached the Premier League.

A salary in between those 2 is likely what he would command but I doubt money is his primary motivation any more, he’s a very wealthy man already

The road block is likely to be Lawell himself, he’s already worked under a clown like Ashley so I doubt he would be that keen to work under Lawell due to the fact he isn’t ambitious enough.

I’d love to see it as it would be a game changer but I doubt I will while Lawell remains in situ

Edited by Jinky67

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Fergus still has shares in the club there is very little chance he completely walked away even if it's a small position.
Like I said I couldn't careless about these type of people they are there to run the business I'm only interested in the football side.

And you see no issue with the football side of things at the moment?

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Nor does he seem to get that they all have significant influence over the football side of things so should care very much

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If it were to happen I certainly don’t see it costing us anywhere near close to that. He was on £4 million at Newcastle while they were in the championship and was uplifted to £6 million when they reached the Premier League.

A salary in between those 2 is likely what he would command but I doubt money is his primary motivation any more, he’s a very wealthy man already

The road block is likely to be Lawell himself, he’s already worked under a clown like Ashley so I doubt he would be that keen to work under Lawell due to the fact he isn’t ambitious enough.

I’d love to see it as it would be a game changer but I doubt I will while Lawell remains in situ

But it's not just Benitez, you'll have to hire his entire coaching and recruitment staff as well. Plus, you'll presumably be wanting to keep him for more than one season. It won't be cheap. We'll soon find out if Desmond is willing to stick the money in to fund it. Last I heard though, he was busy spending all his time and money renovating half of Dublin 4.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I wasn't old enough to appreciate the first 9iar this time I've enjoyed every minute with the added bonus of quad trebles and an invincible  season.
Getting 10 would be great but it would also put the Stein era to bed, maybe it should still stand as the best time in our history.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

But it's not just Benitez, you'll have to hire his entire coaching and recruitment staff as well. Plus, you'll presumably be wanting to keep him for more than one season. It won't be cheap. We'll soon find out if Desmond is willing to stick the money in to fund it. Last I heard though, he was busy spending all his time and money renovating half of Dublin 4.

The loss of season ticket revenue if he procrastinates wont be cheap either. The 10-15k uplift we got from the BR appointment could disappear. 

Either way Celtic isn't a cheap fix. You either spend to get things back on track with the right manager and investment in playing squad or they don't and see revenue and results tumble and the one thing we know about Desmond is his ego doesn't really allow him to be seen as a failure which if he opts for the latter option is exactly how he will be perceived. 

52 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I wasn't old enough to appreciate the first 9iar this time I've enjoyed every minute with the added bonus of quad trebles and an invincible  season.
Getting 10 would be great but it would also put the Stein era to bed, maybe it should still stand as the best time in our history.

There was far better competition in the Jock Stein era !!!

and you did better in Europe

Edited by ewan14

14 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

There was far better competition in the Jock Stein era !!!

and you did better in Europe

We also won a greater number of trophies during the Stein 9iar era, it will always be and should always be regarded as the greatest period in our clubs history.

Even if we had won the 10 it doesn’t compare 

@ewan14not quite sure why it merited the dislike considering I’m agreeing with you 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

We also won a greater number of trophies during the Stein 9iar era, it will always be and should always be regarded as the greatest period in our clubs history.

Even if we had won the 10 it doesn’t compare 

@ewan14not quite sure why it merited the dislike considering I’m agreeing with you 🤣

Sorry , I just think there can be no comparison between the first 9inarow and the second

Still hurting from yesterday

This is fooling literally nobody.

This blog is worth a read, it really makes you think.

https://thecelticblog.com/2021/01/blogs/coffee-and-tv/ibrox-days-of-hope-or-an-ibrox-haze-of-dope/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Specifically, it makes you think “the guy who wrote this blog is fucking mental”.
I for one am utterly shocked Jermaine Defoe is fitter than Scott Brown.