The Celtic All Seasons thread

15 minutes ago, bennett said:

A quadruple treble, 10 in a row nearly wrapped up and their players are still being hounded by morons because they haven't won every single game. Fair play to Lennon for caring about his players welfare. 

“It’s been very difficult,” Lennon said. “I have been to players’ houses. Not inside obviously, but outside chatting to them and their partners. Just trying to support and encourage them. It was something I felt was required at the time with the level of abuse, criticism, whatever you want to call it. They are human beings at the end of the day. They have come up here in good faith

I would have imagined caring for his players welfare to be part of the job description to be fair.

so yeah well done Lenny for getting this aspect of the role right 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I would have imagined caring for his players welfare to be part of the job description to be fair.

so yeah well done Lenny for getting this aspect of the role right 

If only he was as good at the rest of his job. 

And wouldn’t speaking to them at training make a bit more sense??

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

If only he was as good at the rest of his job. 

And wouldn’t speaking to them at training make a bit more sense??

Of course it would, it would also be safer and not breaching COVID rules.

However Lennon is trying to paint himself as the empathetic man manager yet despite this has the inability to engage them in a way that has them mentally prepared for football matches

14 hours ago, bennett said:

A quadruple treble, 10 in a row nearly wrapped up and their players are still being hounded by morons because they haven't won every single game. Fair play to Lennon for caring about his players welfare. 

“It’s been very difficult,” Lennon said. “I have been to players’ houses. Not inside obviously, but outside chatting to them and their partners. Just trying to support and encourage them. It was something I felt was required at the time with the level of abuse, criticism, whatever you want to call it. They are human beings at the end of the day. They have come up here in good faith

How many times a day do you google Celtic and Lennon?

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

How many times a day do you google Celtic and Lennon?

I'm sorry that we're currently ahead of celtic, obviously there should be sanctions for not respecting the invincibles. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm sorry that we're currently ahead of celtic, obviously there should be sanctions for not respecting the invincibles. 

When Celtic were ahead you didn't tend to post every tabloid clickbait nonsense going about Celtic. Just an observation.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

When Celtic were ahead you didn't tend to post every tabloid clickbait nonsense going about Celtic. Just an observation.

An article which shows a different side to Lennon is hardly clickbait,  going round all his players making sure that they're ok in the current climate of restrictions and high levels of abuse from entitled fans like Drew was impressive.  Especially when Lennon himself has his own problems. 

17 hours ago, bennett said:

Isn't this the same man that publicly blames them every time they fail to win a game?

48 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Isn't this the same man that publicly blames them every time they fail to win a game?

Criticism when needed and support when needed, can't really argue with that Merky.

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

Criticism when needed and support when needed, can't really argue with that Merky.

I don't think I can agree with that when he used it as a mechanism to get the supporters off both his and the boards back.

Edited by Merkland Red

3 hours ago, bennett said:

An article which shows a different side to Lennon is hardly clickbait,  going round all his players making sure that they're ok in the current climate of restrictions and high levels of abuse from entitled fans like Drew was impressive.  Especially when Lennon himself has his own problems. 

Not like scoop to edit a simple copy and paste job for dramatic effect, here’s what Lennon actually said

"I've actually been to a couple of players' homes just to check on them and make sure they're okay," he said.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Not like scoop to edit a simple copy and paste job for dramatic effect, here’s what Lennon actually said

"I've actually been to a couple of players' homes just to check on them and make sure they're okay," he said.

He has plenty of previous for making stuff up. Pretty amazed with the few posters that have fallen for it.

Oh well.

Edited by Romeo

35 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think I can agree with that when he used it as a mechanism to get the supporters off both his and the boards back.

They're on the back of a man who delivered a quadruple treble and will win them 10 in a row, wtf do they want....

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's a direct quote tho....

Yet you still made something up again?

If your not claiming ‘abuse’ on here from other posters, you are now claiming ‘high levels of abuse’ to Lennon from a poster. I suggest you stop constantly lying then magically your victim obsession might go away. 

Edited by gannonball