The Celtic All Seasons thread

23 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The RoI didn't come into being until 1949.

For your great grandparents to have emigrated from it they must have started having children about 5 years of age (hence the reference to Dundee), and your grandparents at about 10, as I understand you are about 40.

(Having to explain a "joke" in such detail is never a good idea...)

I thought it was after the first world war pappajack?

24 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The RoI didn't come into being until 1949.

For your great grandparents to have emigrated from it they must have started having children about 5 years of age (hence the reference to Dundee), and your grandparents at about 10, as I understand you are about 40.

(Having to explain a "joke" in such detail is never a good idea...)

:lol: 

Ah right gotcha. 

My Irish credentials are shit!! 

21 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Playing for Celtic doesn’t make you eligible to play for Ireland.

The boy is only 17, it’s embarrassing an adult would make such a comment at a youth game. 

McGeady and McCarthy got abused because of the nation they played for. 

It’s not as if someone like Arfield gets booed at every ground because he plays for Canada.

Again, This McCann story has nothing to do with Scotland. 

WGS , him again , continually chose not to select Arfield , so Arfield chose Canada.

A bit different !

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I thought it was after the first world war pappajack?

No doubt that could be debated at great and tedious length, however - "Ireland's Dominion status was terminated with the passage of the Republic of Ireland Act 1948, which came into force on 18 April 1949 and declared that the state was a republic.[47][48] At the time, a declaration of a republic terminated Commonwealth membership."

20 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

:lol: 

Ah right gotcha. 

My Irish credentials are shit!! 

Your great grandparents (all 8 of them??) more than likely emigrated from what became the RoI, similar to one lot of my wife's grandparents.

9 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Decision is all yours .

Really boils down to do  you think you will pull off a khaki green north face in your middle age.

I thought it was the " ultras' " decision !

Their stringent scanning strictly supervised etc

18 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

No doubt that could be debated at great and tedious length, however - "Ireland's Dominion status was terminated with the passage of the Republic of Ireland Act 1948, which came into force on 18 April 1949 and declared that the state was a republic.[47][48] At the time, a declaration of a republic terminated Commonwealth membership."

Wikipedia is not your friend

Ben Doak confirmed to Liverpool last night. Next Kenny Dalglish or next Islam Feruz? Great move for the kid anyway, he's done the right thing by getting out of Scottish football as soon as he could.

image.png.e7be0bc10a86810d4a1c492e14068f5c.png

18 minutes ago, Lex said:

Ben Doak confirmed to Liverpool last night. Next Kenny Dalglish or next Islam Feruz? Great move for the kid anyway, he's done the right thing by getting out of Scottish football as soon as he could.

Looked a superstar when playing for Scotland. I think it was the U17's?

It will be interesting to see how he does. I wish him well but I think under Ange its the best time in as long as I can remember to be a young player trying to break into the first team. As I think if you are good enough in training Ange will play you no matter what age you are.

I think I have  read of Liverpool signing up quite a few promising young players from around the leagues.

11 hours ago, Lex said:

I wish the lad well and understand why he has gone to Liverpool but the last bit is self loathing pish. A proper season or two in Scottish football is hardly going to hold him or anyone back, ask the likes of Tierney, Robertson,McGinn and Van Dijk. 

Edited by gannonball

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I wish the lad well but the last bit is self loathing pish. A proper season or two in Scottish football is hardly going to hold him or anyone back, ask the likes of Tierney, Robertson and Van Dijk. 

Was gonna comment on that pathetic comment but you've summed it up well.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

From everything I've ever read, it wasn't his talent that held him back. 

Yes he left Celtic and believed his own hype and was really badly advised, Doak could turn out exactly the same so for his sake i hope he has better people advising him as Feruz fucked it, silly amounts of talent akin to the Ravel Morrison story.

Edited by Jinky67

• 2 weeks later...