The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just had a WhatsApp through of Moyes apparently at a hotel near Loch Lomond this evening, apparent meeting with Celtic. West Ham don't fly out to Prague tomorrow, but I'd be very doubtful if he was up there today.

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Just had a WhatsApp through of Moyes apparently at a hotel near Loch Lomond this evening, apparent meeting with Celtic. West Ham don't fly out to Prague tomorrow, but I'd be very doubtful if he was up there today.

There's been rumours of the Bodo/Glimt coach at Hampden too, both being utter bollocks but would be happy with either at same time.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Moyes would be insufferable at Celtic as a smug tit winning 99.9% of the games. He'd drastically change the way Celtic play though so I'm all for it. They'd do better in Europe though.

It's the latter of your post that would have me taking him due to his defensive organisation of teams. Strachan 2.0 however he could just make a mint turning up every  March at some EPL club fire fighting for a few months then fucking off.

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

There's been rumours of the Bodo/Glimt coach at Hampden too, both being utter bollocks but would be happy with either at same time.

If only, Knutsen is class and in my opinion would be us levelling up without compromising the way we play.

44 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Moyes would be insufferable at Celtic as a smug tit winning 99.9% of the games. He'd drastically change the way Celtic play though so I'm all for it. They'd do better in Europe though.

I have visions of Rodgers being announced and turning up on the Japan tour wearing a kimono claiming he always wears one.

Aww, wee shame.

But he was different, aye?

He understood you, aye?

He said he wouldn't do it, aye?

Like a person with low self-esteem being left by partner after partner, Celtic fans will continue to get hurt and I will continue to fucking love it.

7 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Aww, wee shame.

But he was different, aye?

He understood you, aye?

He said he wouldn't do it, aye?

Like a person with low self-esteem being left by partner after partner, Celtic fans will continue to get hurt and I will continue to fucking love it.

Don’t ever remember him saying he wouldn’t leave the club? From the first link to an EPL job to this one he’s only ever said he wants to concentrate on what he’s doing now rather than talk about his future. 

You realise as well he is able to understand the fans as well as have different professional ambitions? 

Must be shite supporting a team where all you have to be happy about at the end of the season is the manager who helped make sure you have a chance at European football possible leaving 😂

Knutsen is top of the wishlist material but he'll go to Ajax; I'd like to see one of these City group guys, or maybe the likes of Iraola who was the Rayo Vallecano manager, but it's probably gonnae be Moyes or Rodgers.

22 hours ago, AJF said:

Slightly disingenuous. For one, Rodgers win % in Europe was higher and his loss % was lower than Ange’s.

Additionally, you also need to consider that the majority of Rodger’s European matches were in the Champions League, whereas the majority of Ange’s have been in the Europa League.

529B8AB9-E5CD-4895-86F4-4E9286DDC8EA.jpeg

Without working out the figures myself, I'd take this with a pinch of salt if the maker of it "accidentally" put Ange at 30% BELOW Smith and McLeish on 29 and 28 respectively 🤔

15 minutes ago, coineanach said:

Knutsen is top of the wishlist material but he'll go to Ajax; I'd like to see one of these City group guys, or maybe the likes of Iraola who was the Rayo Vallecano manager, but it's probably gonnae be Moyes or Rodgers.

The city group name that keeps being mentioned is Enzo Maresca, he was pretty low odds the last time and he has since returned to City as one of Peps 1st team coaches so it’s likely he’s linked again

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The city group name that keeps being mentioned is Enzo Maresca, he was pretty low odds the last time and he has since returned to City as one of Peps 1st team coaches so it’s likely he’s linked again

Aye, the other one I've seen in these "next Celtic manager" articles is that Michel, the manager at Girona, who I think they own.

So, what are we saying - that this historic cultural, socio-economic and charitable footballing institution has in reality become a rather minor cog in a Big Capital corporate machine ?

That will come as a shock to the guys who sing, wave their flags and jump up and down in the corner.

10 minutes ago, coineanach said:

Aye, the other one I've seen in these "next Celtic manager" articles is that Michel, the manager at Girona, who I think they own.

Yeah seen his name touted but he’s just signed a new deal last week at Girona.