The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If my team wasn't playing in Europe tomorrow night, I'd say both Celtic and Rangers bring a smidgeon of embarrassment to the Scottish/Irish game, from a European perspective. 

Flew back from Rotterdam today, was via London City Airport with a one hour stopover between flights, got chatting to a few Aberdeen fans waiting on their flight to Frankfurt from there and to say they weren't confident was putting it mildly. 

Bizarre how Barry Robson had such a great run since taking over from Goodwin that, many people agreed it was the right choice to give him the job full time but, things have quickly soured. I was at the League Cup tie against Stirling Albion where I thought Aberdeen were rotten truth be told.

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Flew back from Rotterdam today, was via London City Airport with a one hour stopover between flights, got chatting to a few Aberdeen fans waiting on their flight to Frankfurt from there and to say they weren't confident was putting it mildly. 

Bizarre how Barry Robson had such a great run since taking over from Goodwin that, many people agreed it was the right choice to give him the job full time but, things have quickly soured. I was at the League Cup tie against Stirling Albion where I thought Aberdeen were rotten truth be told.

I mean if they don't do well tomorrow it's just another Tory loss in Europe tbh, nothing of note there really.

Edited by gannonball

44 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

We're playing the highest ranked team in the Conference League, the favourites, and we're playing shite. Is it any wonder we aren't confident? I was at Stirling too and you're spot on.

53 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Think I met you on Monday night outside a bar opposite that Irish bar?  

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Eh? Is this meant to be a look alike? 

It was a joke because of the bull terrier stuff going on elsewhere and growing up Henrik's Cagney always reminded me of bull terriers.

I honestly hope he had a terrible birthday, truth be told. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Think I met you on Monday night outside a bar opposite that Irish bar?  

Aye, diagonally across the street from it, the one with the sofas on street underneath the wee canopy.

We had spent, between the half dozen of us, over €200 in the place over the course of a few hours, I popped across the street for a snack for a few of us and got a portion of hot wings from the Chicken place, cue the manageress coming out when she saw us eating them saying this was not permissable as they serve food and customers aren't permitted to eat their own food, she promptly lifted them off the table and launched them in the bin, suffice to say the torn faced  cow was informed she had just chased away customers who had spent a lot of money in her bar and would likely have spent more had it not been for her snarling fucking attitude. 

29 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Aye, diagonally across the street from it, the one with the sofas on street underneath the wee canopy.

We had spent, between the half dozen of us, over €200 in the place over the course of a few hours, I popped across the street for a snack for a few of us and got a portion of hot wings from the Chicken place, cue the manageress coming out when she saw us eating them saying this was not permissable as they serve food and customers aren't permitted to eat their own food, she promptly lifted them off the table and launched them in the bin, suffice to say the torn faced  cow was informed she had just chased away customers who had spent a lot of money in her bar and would likely have spent more had it not been for her snarling fucking attitude. 

😁 You told us, I was with tam and Sweeney. 

14 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

It's not really. No more bizzare than Goodwin getting the gig on the back of a decent run with us. The thing is to drill into the run. And when you do you find in both cases winnable games in a run of fixtures. 

We seem to be dishing out long term deals to any player who's 'homegrown'. I get why but it hardly keeps quite basic players like Ralston on their toes and encourages stagnation. Like Taylor I'm not quite sure where exactly he fits in Rodgers style of play either. He's also injury prone too.

Edited by gannonball

No issue with this. Home grown quota and a decent backup who has contributed plenty the last couple of years.

We aren’t going to get a better option to sit on the bench for most of the season.

No issue with anyone criticising our general transfers, but nothing wrong with this.