The Celtic All Seasons thread

Hart shouldve been replaced in the Summer.

Celtics laziness in terms of recruitment fucks them constantly but then never seems to change. Even under Postecoglu they just let him sign whoever he wanted even if they were shite.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hart shouldve been replaced in the Summer.

Celtics laziness in terms of recruitment fucks them constantly but then never seems to change. Even under Postecoglu they just let him sign whoever he wanted even if they were shite.

What sort of board sanctions some signings but refuses others based on their opinions over the manager's?

Hart was a decent signing for us and gave us much needed experience and leadership after our Covid season. Ability wise he was probably the same level as Gordon for us but again like Gordon he was asked a role to play he wasn't necessarily comfortable with. Yes we should have got someone last summer to at least compete with him but our past 3 transfer windows has weakened the team pretty significantly so not surprised we haven't bothered our arse at all. The retirement announcement did catch me by surprise a wee bit as he's actually been saving us a bit past few months.

15 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

5 trophies out of a possible 7. You wouldn’t consider that serving us well? You set a high bar

You've won them in spite of him, not because of him.

I think Hart overall will go with fond memories for most Celtic fans.

If you actually look at it though, the majority of saves he makes are the routine ones, whilst also conceding what should be routine saves either at the first attempt or by palming it back into the danger zone.

His positioning for free kicks has always been suspect, and teams have started to realise they can take advantage of that.

On the flip side, he’s also made some big, big saves that arguably a keeper at his age isn’t expected to get to.

All the best, but we needed better.

7 hours ago, stressball said:

His positioning for free kicks has always been suspect, and teams have started to realise they can take advantage of that.

His positioning for both of Griffith's free kicks against Scotland was spot on imo..

Celtic should be absolutely uncatchable with those kinds of resources.

Whether they win the league or not, it feels as though they’ll just do as they did after Deila and then Lennon, spend massively to regain dominance.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic should be absolutely uncatchable with those kinds of resources.

Whether they win the league or not, it feels as though they’ll just do as they did after Deila and then Lennon, spend massively to regain dominance.

Doesn’t matter how much you spend if you don’t really have a plan and spend it on dross.

Our recruitment over the past 3 or so windows has been very very poor and wasteful

I’ve given it tight to Rangers (both clubs) over the years but I fucking hate the level of control and influence that the old firm have had over Scottish football for many a year. Both clubs have existed at the detriment of Scottish football. The amount of players that have showed promise and signed for either cheek then stalled is staggering. But not nearly as much as I detest the damage to the wider Scottish society that has entailed. That said, when one of you horrific institutions is happy the other is devastated. Which brings me to my point, f**k every single Celtic fan and all who sail in them. It’s your turn. Sectarianism might still exist if there was no old firm but without the old firm it wouldn’t be nearly the damaging thing it is in the year 2024. Twenty twenty four ffs. 

32 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Good interview with Henrik.

Henrik Larsson: ‘I have 106 caps for Sweden but I see myself as foreign’

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/03/henrik-larsson-i-have-106-caps-for-sweden-but-i-see-myself-as-foreign

If you have spotify there's a good podcast with him here: