The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d be very surprised if Kyogo goes to City. They are already breaking their mould to sign Gundogan, admittedly he’s a brilliant player with history at City, so would be surprised if they signed two older players in one window.

Im guessing with FFP hanging over them them getting a versatile player for 20 million is probably buttons for them and he won't demand a silly wage. There's also a a Japanese club I think in the City Group if it doesn't work out.

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing with FFP hanging over them them getting a versatile player for 20 million is probably buttons for them and he won't demand a silly wage. There's also a a Japanese club I think in the City Group if it doesn't work out.

What is without doubt is that if they offer the money, he will want to push the move through.

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

They City Football Group are everything that's wrong with modern fitba.

Aren't Celtic some way related to/involved in the City Group? Or have I made that up.

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Idah is probably the Kyogo replacement.

Be some laugh if Celtic fans celebrated the reported £9.5m fee as them finally splashing the money instead of hoarding it, just to find out a month later it was only spent because they knew they'd be receiving £20m.

Celtic should be in a position where if they sell Kyogo then they instantly know who they want and spend £10m+ if needed to get them. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Be some laugh if Celtic fans celebrated the reported £9.5m fee as them finally splashing the money instead of hoarding it, just to find out a month later it was only spent because they knew they'd be receiving £20m.

Celtic should be in a position where if they sell Kyogo then they instantly know who they want and spend £10m+ if needed to get them. 

Should be, but there's going to be a period of complacency because they're so far ahead of the other 11 in the league.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Aren't Celtic some way related to/involved in the City Group? Or have I made that up.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Had a quick google and seems as though Celtic and the City Group have an “informal partnership” according to some of their fan blogs.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The link was more to do with Lawwell's son iirc but he's at neither club now.

All correct answers.

There were accusations from Rangers bloggers round about the time we got Ntcham that we were in cahoots with City in order to get players below market value to ensure we win the league, then all profit made would go to the City group.

In actual fact the only link was Lawells son who was absolutely shite at his job. 

Honestly don't understand why Celtic would bother spending £10m on one player to try and beat Motherwell and St Mirren four times a season. It's not really necessary. They are a selling club and actually have a pretty good record of doing it. Any fans expecting a big fee being spent on a single player are likely to be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Honestly don't understand why Celtic would bother spending £10m on one player to try and beat Motherwell and St Mirren four times a season. It's not really necessary. They are a selling club and actually have a pretty good record of doing it. Any fans expecting a big fee being spent on a single player are likely to be disappointed. 

I don't think anyone is fully expecting whatever we get to be reinvested it's the time taken to do so or do anything really. Ange showed us how quick deals can be done and proactively. Before and after that though it's back to heel dragging.

Joe Hart publicly announced in February he was retiring yet we only signed a free transfer to replace him about a month ago  and because he's a former Rodgers player. We have had one senior left back in the squad since the start of the year also who isn't singing a new deal. It's quite obvious we need another centre back in that Liam Scales has been starting every game this year. Kyogo has had to put off a shoulder op pre season as he was our only recognised striker. Yes we should be beating teams in this league most weeks but given the the cash at our disposal we try too often to get by with what we have and it's needlessly bitten us in the arse, and it will do so again.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I would happily let Innes Cameron go to Celtic for that kind of price.

You pay a substantial fee for a young player with potential for progression. Typically those type of players with sell-on attributes are courted by a few other clubs also. I think Celtic have been getting it right in the past, making a good few bob in the process.

I think there also needs to be a good balance between this selling strategy and re-investing in established like-for-like quality with the addition of home grown talent coming through. 

There are a few areas Celtic need to strengthen this season, that is clear to most with competition in CB, LB, RB, and depending on our departures -attacking midfielders and strikers could be required. 

57 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

You pay a substantial fee for a young player with potential for progression. Typically those type of players with sell-on attributes are courted by a few other clubs also. I think Celtic have been getting it right in the past, making a good few bob in the process.

I think there also needs to be a good balance between this selling strategy and re-investing in established like-for-like quality with the addition of home grown talent coming through. 

There are a few areas Celtic need to strengthen this season, that is clear to most with competition in CB, LB, RB, and depending on our departures -attacking midfielders and strikers could be required. 

You won’t challenge in Europe and you could play with Taylor, Scales and Ralston in the 3 positions you mentioned all season and still win the league.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You won’t challenge in Europe and you could play with Taylor, Scales and Ralston in the 3 positions you mentioned all season and still win the league.

The aim is to improve or strengthen each season. 'Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.'  

13 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

The aim is to improve or strengthen each season. 'Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.'  

Well, despite a lot of speculation City won’t be bidding for Kyogo who is surely a far better option than Idah. Does your quote mean O’Riley is staying as well ?

43 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Peter Lawwell alias found.