TRNSMT Festival

Cumdog35

IMG_5202.thumb.jpg.a79e0e636a89c8ee97c43472054524f6.jpg

That’s right. There are no female acts that could possibly play.

Or that no major festival will have a 50/50 split for many years.

Apart from Primavera who already have.

What a dick.

Yet another company with a CEO who treats his audience like imbeciles. This has all the signs of going the same way as T. The endless regurgitation of the same bands is just the first step.

Line up's a bit samey. Know it's meant as a replacement for T, but it still feels like a level down from T line up wise, especially headliners, even with T's last few line ups. T used to trade headliners with Glastonbury but i think TRNSMT is a fair bit below that.

Capaldi's played every single year, and it'll be his third year in a row on the main stage. Although i suppose with him being one of the biggest artists in the world just now, Scottish and playing festivals next year it was a bit of a no-brainer to have him headlining one of the pop days

Edited by Fratelli

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yet another company with a CEO who treats his audience like imbeciles. This has all the signs of going the same way as T. The endless regurgitation of the same bands is just the first step.

He's got his captive audience of 16-20 year olds who will buy tickets for this regardless of line ups. Like you say it's just a tombola of the same bands in a different order for the most part. 

Guest Moomintroll

The baldy Manc w**k is an arsehole who is a plague on the Scottish Festival scene, that line up, albeit to my musical tastes, will guarantee a procession of wannabee little hard men trying to cause trouble. Seen it before in several locations from the ABC2, Balado, Old Trafford & Heaton Park, some people who attach themselves to The Courteneers & LG "fans"take their cue wrongly from the off stage personas of the artistes & want to start fights which can get wearing if you are a grumpy b*****d like I am. Will be happily going to the NHBD Weekender in Warrington instead as my main Festival this year alongside the Llangollen IMF as it has a much calmer, fun vibe.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yet another company with a CEO who treats his audience like imbeciles. 

They are though. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm at the age now that I just want to see the Courteeners and Liam Gallagher and get blootered with my pals every year. Big thumbs up from me.

^^^ exhibit A

The line up just looks cheap. A couple of solo acts, some run of the mill or over the hill indie bands and a couple of the mid 00's bedwetter bands who are still clinging on. Keeping the overheads down whilst fleecing the crowd for everything they can.

I assume there is another stage to be announced with younger, more current bands? 

The line up just looks cheap. A couple of solo acts, some run of the mill or over the hill indie bands and a couple of the mid 00's bedwetter bands who are still clinging on. Keeping the overheads down whilst fleecing the crowd for everything they can.
I assume there is another stage to be announced with younger, more current bands? 

By “cheap” do you mean total utter dug shite?

Deary me.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Yup.

This year looks more like one of those medium festivals you could go down south and find for cheaper, outside of a couple of pretty strong sub headliners.

It’s a pretty dire lineup let’s be honest.

Good guys:

LG
Ian Brown
Sam Fender
The Courteeners (although not a fan myself tbh)

The rest, honking. I’d probably go on Saturday just to see LG again but I’m not excited.

The music scene truly is dreadful these days. Who could you get in that couldn’t be classed as a tired and boring act? I’m just surprised they didn’t get Glasgow’s other darling of the music world, Gerry Cinnamon, to come and play his bang average tunes about how he was a wee scallywag who used to sell weed.

Also, TRNSMT is full of Glaswegian children behaving like complete and utter cretins - wee b*****ds who talk really loudly and spend more time fighting each other and filming it on their phones than actually enjoying the gig. I was last there in 2018 and I am reliable informed that 2019 was even worse.