Work colleagues

6 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Where do you work?

Edit, actually probably better not say in case one of them finds this thread.

I work for a national retail/building company, but I'm safe in the knowledge that nobody from my branch would see this.

14 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I work in a small team of 8, soon to be 9 maybe even 7. Thought that working in a smaller team would be better, but after 9 months In the job I'm in with more misfits and cranks than before.

Manager - The fattest, laziest, selfish fucker I have ever had the misfortune to work for. Always turns his phone off out of hours so some other mug will sort it. World Champion Sudoku player though.

Assistant Manager - Always bitching and arguing with the manager. Has about 6 shite breaks a day and is on the phone for hours.

Supervisor 1 - Decent enough young laddie, but seems to be hellbent on noising up the punters and being as unhelpful as possible with them. Future manager NAP.

Supervisor 2 - Sound c**t. Only one in there with no mental health issues (imho)

Customer Assistant 1 - Been there the longest out of everyone. Thick as f**k. If you ask her to do something, she'll do the opposite. Nearly injured a former colleague badly with an extension lead and a Hoover despite a power point being no more than 10 feet from what she was attempting to hoover up. Makes daily mistakes on the till and card machines. Unparalleled ability to break things.

Customer Assistant 2 - Was employed about 6 months before I turned up, with our manager looking to employ someone young, dynamic and flexible at the time. The boy is 66, can only work 3 days a week and hates serving customers. Recruitment master stroke.

Customer Assistant 3 - Nice enough young lassie, but is morbidly obese and has a habit of nipping for a pish or sneaking off to eat a donut when the shop is rammed.

Customer Assistant 4 - Former colleague of mine, who now looks at me as if to say 'cheers ya c**t' for bringing me into this.

I genuinely worry about who is next in when they advertise in September.

Too many chiefs and not enough indians in that team.

If I could speak to my mid 20s self I would say at least your arse isnt pissing blood every morning now so make the most if it.

I know but it's been bothering me and sometimes it's good to talk to people on the internet about my insecurities so It doesn't get in the way of my real life.

22 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Supervisor 1 - Decent enough young laddie, but seems to be hellbent on noising up the punters and being as unhelpful as possible with them. Future manager NAP.

Supervisor 2 - Sound c**t. Only one in there with no mental health issues (imho)

Which one of these two is you?

Just now, throbber said:

I know but it's been bothering me and sometimes it's good to talk to people on the internet about my insecurities so It doesn't get in the way of my real life.

Sorry to hear, my man.

Things will pick up.  Chin up an all that.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

They're all worried that they might be the father.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Thanks for that input.

That's what she said.

25 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I work in a small team of 8, soon to be 9 maybe even 7. Thought that working in a smaller team would be better, but after 9 months In the job I'm in with more misfits and cranks than before.

Manager - The fattest, laziest, selfish fucker I have ever had the misfortune to work for. Always turns his phone off out of hours so some other mug will sort it. World Champion Sudoku player though.

Assistant Manager - Always bitching and arguing with the manager. Has about 6 shite breaks a day and is on the phone for hours.

Customer Assistant 1 - Been there the longest out of everyone. Thick as f**k. If you ask her to do something, she'll do the opposite. Nearly injured a former colleague badly with an extension lead and a Hoover despite a power point being no more than 10 feet from what she was attempting to hoover up. Makes daily mistakes on the till and card machines. Unparalleled ability to break things.

Customer Assistant 2 - Was employed about 6 months before I turned up, with our manager looking to employ someone young, dynamic and flexible at the time. The boy is 66, can only work 3 days a week and hates serving customers. Recruitment master stroke.

Customer Assistant 3 - Nice enough young lassie, but is morbidly obese and has a habit of nipping for a pish or sneaking off to eat a donut when the shop is rammed.

Customer Assistant 4 - Former colleague of mine, who now looks at me as if to say 'cheers ya c**t' for bringing me into this.

Team of 8, 4 either managers or supervisors.  That's your issue, right there.

1 manager, 1 supervisor max needed.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

That's what she said.

Team of 8, 4 either managers or supervisors.  That's your issue, right there.

1 manager, 1 supervisor max needed.

It does look like that from the outside, but 2 minimum are needed for the daily opening/closing and related tasks. Factor in days off and Holidays and 4 is a bit scratchy tbh.

I hope you're not on the tills? Is it 8? Maybe 9? Might even be 7? Who knows?!
Looking back, I quite enjoyed my time in customer service. Could have a decent laugh and worked with some utter roasters. Made your blood boil at the time but looking back it was quite funny.

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

I hope you're not on the tills? Is it 8? Maybe 9? Might even be 7? Who knows?!
Looking back, I quite enjoyed my time in customer service. Could have a decent laugh and worked with some utter roasters. Made your blood boil at the time but looking back it was quite funny.

I only came into retail about 8 years ago after health issues meant I had to give up the tools.

Some utter roasters is pretty much spot on :lol:

Throbber, do you not work in the building trade?  Just set about the c***s fucking you around with a hammer, dump the bodies in the foundations of whatever hideous, overpriced monstrosity you are throwing up and recruit some homeless Romanians to do their jobs.

No more problems and your boss will thank you for saving the company money because the Romanians will work for less money.

Throbber, do you not work in the building trade?  Just set about the c***s fucking you around with a hammer, dump the bodies in the foundations of whatever hideous, overpriced monstrosity you are throwing up and recruit some homeless Romanians to do their jobs.
No more problems and your boss will thank you for saving the company money because the Romanians will work for less money.

Yeah I do. I'm not a violent or confrontational guy though particularly at work as well as I am well renowned for just keeping my head down and getting on with it. Previously there I have just been left alone and got on fine but this time round I have been right in the middle of it all and feel suffocated by co workers. Basically I just don't belong there and need out.