Work colleagues

If you do donate old clothing, don't get the bag mixed up with your bin bag and put the clothing out with the rubbish and give the bin bag to the charity collector. ( (c) Terry and June 1978.)

I have a colleague with a collection of books on Scrum methodology proudly displayed on his desk. He has to be in his 30s at least. Surely too old to be an idealistic Scrum fanboy.

6 hours ago, nsr said:

I have a colleague with a collection of books on Scrum methodology proudly displayed on his desk. He has to be in his 30s at least. Surely too old to be an idealistic Scrum fanboy.

Shifty c**t - watch him like a hawk. 

19 hours ago, nsr said:

I have no idea what this means. 

53 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It means he enjoys singing songs about Invernesian virgins (yes I know) whilst sticking his cock into his coffee at 11am.

I'm into Scrum methadology as well then. 

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It means he enjoys singing songs about Invernesian virgins (yes I know) whilst sticking his cock into his coffee at 11am.

Nonsense. I hate coffee.

One of my colleagues went on a work jolly with the boss to visit our clients in Washington. He came back with a Donald Trump chocolate bar. I didn't even know those were a thing.

It all kicked off last week in my team at work, with one guy continually making passive aggressive references to another team members lunch taking habits in our group chat. I just watch it all burn and then head to the gym for an hour and a half over lunch.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I feel I need to be in a job where the excitement of the day is somebody not being happy about somebody lunch habits...

A work colleague got locked up this weekend for smashing a window ( pub window ) . Has court this morning /afternoon.
Another colleague is away to leave her man ( who use to work in same company) and started dating a women.

Other than that not much happening on lunch break

Dundee's gonna Dundee after all 

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

It all kicked off last week in my team at work, with one guy continually making passive aggressive references to another team members lunch taking habits in our group chat. I just watch it all burn and then head to the gym for an hour and a half over lunch.

We got told last week that ‘someone has reported’ that we are all taking too long at lunch breaks. 

It’s always the same line. Management will walk past or notice someone doing something wrong and rather than dealing with that person we all get talked to like little kids. Some morons actually believe that someone is actually grassing up people even after the same scenario has played out over before. Someone has noticed phone usage. Someone has noticed internet browsing.

The end result is that everyone is pissed off and slows down their work and distrusts each other. It’s a completely stupid way to deal with it and leads to a toxic atmosphere. Grow a pair of balls and deal with the one person or if it’s nobody be honest and tell us we need to work harder.

I find that places where people act the most professional is where there’s hardly any supervision. Stripping away perks one by one and expecting people to work harder. Naw, just naw.

6 hours ago, nsr said:

One of my colleagues went on a work jolly with the boss to visit our clients in Washington. He came back with a Donald Trump chocolate bar. I didn't even know those were a thing.

Did he get a Mexican to pay for it?

We got told last week that ‘someone has reported’ that we are all taking too long at lunch breaks. 
It’s always the same line. Management will walk past or notice someone doing something wrong and rather than dealing with that person we all get talked to like little kids. Some morons actually believe that someone is actually grassing up people even after the same scenario has played out over before. Someone has noticed phone usage. Someone has noticed internet browsing.
The end result is that everyone is pissed off and slows down their work and distrusts each other. It’s a completely stupid way to deal with it and leads to a toxic atmosphere. Grow a pair of balls and deal with the one person or if it’s nobody be honest and tell us we need to work harder.
I find that places where people act the most professional is where there’s hardly any supervision. Stripping away perks one by one and expecting people to work harder. Naw, just naw.
Exactly what happens in my work, and as you say if the intention is to try and boost productivity all this petty shite does is make people go slower.