Work colleagues

The geeks in the office talking about their fucking fantasy novels and which ogre demon the protagonist has to fight next.  Guys in their 30s and 40s.  One of whom is married. Fuck knows how.
Because being in your 30s and taking about a Scottish football game is just so much more mature and highbrow [emoji849]

50 minutes ago, Crroma said:

Because being in your 30s and taking about a Scottish football game is just so much more mature and highbrow emoji849.png

Correct.

3 minutes ago, Crroma said:
8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
You sit and speak to footballs?

Well done noticing a typo and planting as bland a response as you could.

There are actually two typos.

Regards,

Mr Blander

A 45 year in in my office just had a full on melt-down because he didn't get the seat he wanted by the back wall during our office reshuffle so he can continue to watch YouTube all day instead of working, as no one will be able to see his screen.

Was utter #scenes.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A 45 year in in my office just had a full on melt-down because he didn't get the seat he wanted by the back wall during our office reshuffle so he can continue to watch YouTube all day instead of working, as no one will be able to see his screen.

Was utter #scenes.

^^^ works with @Melanius Mullarkey

On 06/08/2019 at 10:33, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

What is the most tedious office chat from work colleagues that is possible? For me

1. Talking about their planned holidays
2. Talking about their game of 5s the previous night
3. Talking about their children
4. Talking about holiday they just went on
5. Asking about your lunch while you're eating it

1-4 sound like acceptable inevitable small talk. No 5 does my nut in and always feels like a thinly veiled accusation that i’ve Committed the cardinal sin of bringing in lunch that people can smell.  They get offended by some pretty bland odours like egg or tuna, and my chicken sriracha sannie will often provoke thinly veiled hostile interrogation.

On 06/08/2019 at 10:48, TheScarf said:

The geeks in the office talking about their fucking fantasy novels and which ogre demon the protagonist has to fight next.  Guys in their 30s and 40s.  One of whom is married. f**k knows how.

I’m guessing IT?

The standard lad chat at my work is premiership football and associated betting gimmicks, followed by cricket.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:33, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

1. Talking about their planned holidays

Something I avoid doing, mainly so I don't have to listen to 20+ minutes of "Oh, we were there x years ago, there's this really fantastic restaurant, you HAVE to go there" etc

Management have finally figured out that there's this weird thing called productivity and have studied peoples output.
Glorious. I've been putting out three or four times more than others for years.
Some are waiting hours between jobs thinking they were ok because it wasn't logged.
[emoji38]