Work colleagues

What’s even cooler is getting absolutely seething at people talking about looking forward to a drink.
Seething is a bit much, people love throwing around that word around as if to imply that having any non standard opinion is a threat to them.

7 minutes ago, Dele said:

Gets upset when people go in early to work. 

Gets upset when people leave early. 

Gets upset when people talk about what they're looking forward to. 

Seething seems quite fitting, tbh. 

Not a hint of irony when he says about people having different views either.

A female colleague of mine was explaining that she had to move desks to avoid sitting underneath the vent of the aircon. She told me that women generally like to be a few degrees warmer than men and apparently women's brains don't function properly at lower temperatures. A less civilised man than myself might have taken advantage of that opening. Or made a sexist remark.
There are at least three women in my office who's brain wouldn't function properly if they were sitting on the fucking sun. Nothing to do with temperature for a lot of people.

21 minutes ago, microdave said:
8 hours ago, nsr said:
A female colleague of mine was explaining that she had to move desks to avoid sitting underneath the vent of the aircon. She told me that women generally like to be a few degrees warmer than men and apparently women's brains don't function properly at lower temperatures. A less civilised man than myself might have taken advantage of that opening. Or made a sexist remark.

There are at least three women in my office who's brain wouldn't function properly if they were sitting on the fucking sun. Nothing to do with temperature for a lot of people.

I don't think my brain would function properly if I was on the sun tbf

21 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Haha same, was making a cuppa there and 2 guys were in high spirits talking about pints after work, fair play, it's Friday mate ffs!

Lads - Fancy it mate?

Me - Naw lads 10am train to Ayr the morra, 8 cans in the hoose for me

Lads - Booo

Me - Sorry lads

LADS LADS LADS

Just got an email from a work colleague who is in India for the first time.  Hes in bandit country (Odisha) and staying at a university guest house.

The guy sorting out his food has asked him if he would like some complex meat options to add some variety to his diet.

14 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

What is the most tedious office chat from work colleagues that is possible? For me

1. Talking about their planned holidays
2. Talking about their game of 5s the previous night
3. Talking about their children
4. Talking about holiday they just went on
5. Asking about your lunch while you're eating it

The geeks in the office talking about their fucking fantasy novels and which ogre demon the protagonist has to fight next.  Guys in their 30s and 40s.  One of whom is married. Fuck knows how.

None of these things are inherently wrong or bad office chat fodder, it just depends on the people involved.

A colleague of mine once proudly showed me photos of his sons tattoos, all of them absolutely awful. I’m not a great actor and I’m not sure I managed to hide my “oh dear God” reaction.

I disagree, it's boring self-centred chat. Just people being desperate to talk about themselves and their lives., which isn't an endearing trait.
Willing to accept in retrospect that holiday chat can be put down to people being polite asking returning colleagues about it, rather than having bad chat. Still boring though. I hate being asked. I've just lived through this experience, I've no desire to  spend 20 minutes talking through it again. 

Just go sit in another room or in yer car and do everyone else a favour. Everyone is a winner .

I've no issues with any of these chats. You just either learn to switch off or if it gets to you then say something or f**k off elsewhere.

Life is simple that way

You can't just out and say something like that. I just pick and choose when I sit with folk for food and when I sit on my own. I can manage one or two days of smalltalk, otherwise I just prefer to go for a walk or read the news etc. Imagine telling someone to f**k off with their chat then they end up becoming your boss?
If it's that an issue then no problem. You are just saying you dont like the chat at break or wherever it may be.
Again I've no issues regarding chat at work. I listen to or speak to whoever I want to or feel like to on that day.
However if I really did have an issue I'd speak up about it .
We have choices , but bitching about it gets boring.