Work colleagues

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Bet you still don't get a raise

Got one last year thanks.

Its just the unfairness of things, like getting pulled up for being five minutes late while these chancers do f**k all. It’s not just me that’s pissed off with it. Thing is when cliques or groups form they tend to attack the harder workers than admitting their own failings. I’ve seen it in various places, I used to blame myself for it. I know we don’t get paid for piecework but chancing it every day for over a decade, there’s no excuse.

We have a (no other way to say it) very fat female teaching assistant, must be mid 20s
Been bugging me for 2 weeks who it is she’s the spitting image of and it finally came to me today, Peter Griffin [emoji23]

On 07/08/2019 at 18:35, D.A.F.C said:

Management have finally figured out that there's this weird thing called productivity and have studied peoples output.
Glorious. I've been putting out three or four times more than others for years.
Some are waiting hours between jobs thinking they were ok because it wasn't logged.
emoji38.png

They'll be setting minimum targets based on increasing past individual performance. You'll have to do unpaid overtime to keep up.

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I sent a Skype message to what I thought was my friend in work today, but I actually sent it to the person I was specifically mentioning in the message, discussing the smell emanating from him.  Actually want the earth to swallow me whole, even though the message was factually correct.

Be sure to post the minutes from your forthcoming meeting with HR

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Be sure to post the minutes from your forthcoming meeting with HR

Given the smell coming from him, I doubt he would want to bring it to the attention of HR.

I sent a Skype message to what I thought was my friend in work today, but I actually sent it to the person I was specifically mentioning in the message, discussing the smell emanating from him.  Actually want the earth to swallow me whole, even though the message was factually correct.
This is outstanding. Updates please

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Adam said:

This is outstanding. Updates please

I text him to say I'm sorry, that the message was obviously not meant for him, but that I was concerned and that he should be careful given it has been a point which his manager has raised with him before.  He's completely blanked me.  

Edited by Adam

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

I text him to say I'm sorry, that the message was obviously not meant for him, but that I was concerned and that he should be careful given it has been a point which his manager has raised with him before.  He's completely blanked me.  

At least you can smell him coming for you, giving you a chance for a quick getaway. 

Just now, Dele said:

Disappointing turn of events in apologising to the smelly one. 

Given I do work with him from time to time, I was keen to strike whilst the iron was hot, to avoid any further awkwardness/him wanting to leather me.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was keen to strike whilst the iron was hot, to avoid any further awkwardness/him wanting to leather me.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

At least you can smell him coming for you, giving you a chance for a quick getaway. 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

Given I do work with him from time to time, I was keen to strike whilst the iron was hot, to avoid any further awkwardness/him wanting to leather me.

I hope you have since sent the message to the intended recipient, and also told them that you made a c**t of of it by sending it to the smelly c**t first? You deserve to have more people pointing and laughing at you for this.

18 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I hope you have since sent the message to the intended recipient, and also told them that you made a c**t of of it by sending it to the smelly c**t first? You deserve to have more people pointing and laughing at you for this.

Yes, met the intended recipient for lunch and mentioned the situation to him then.  He struggled to contain the laughter.  And proceeded to tell the rest of the group I was sitting with at lunch.