Work colleagues

11 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am going to start wearing my best Stone Island gear into the office to strike some fear into my colleagues and also to increase my standing in the workplace. 

Time to stand up to those big boys on your Community Service crew who've been giving you a hard time?

What do you do about a work colleague that smells bad? I'm not even sure it is 100% hygiene related reasons, but the guy is absolutely fucking pungent all of the time. He's a South Asian fella, and some/most of it must be related to food cooks in his house or eats. Whatever it is, the smell is overpowering from him. We work in a shared office building with other companies, and I've seen other people hold their nose walking past our office if the door is left open. The stench fills the room, and I have to sit directly next to him. 

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

What do you do about a work colleague that smells bad? I'm not even sure it is 100% hygiene related reasons, but the guy is absolutely fucking pungent all of the time. He's a South Asian fella, and some/most of it must be related to food cooks in his house or eats. Whatever it is, the smell is overpowering from him. We work in a shared office building with other companies, and I've seen other people hold their nose walking past our office if the door is left open. The stench fills the room, and I have to sit directly next to him. 

What's the smell - BO?  If it's something else you'd need to tread more carefully and maybe get HR to have a word.  

17 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Just tell him straight 'You fucking reek mate, what the absolute fuck are you all about? Have a fucking wash and wash your fucking clothes too you fucking smelly little loser bastard'.

31 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

You need to create your own smell, one which dominates the office and overpowers his.  If people are holding their nose walking past you want that to be because you made it happen. 

A former boss used to give us weekly pep talks about the importance of hygiene. All sitting round in a circle listening to the importance of washing our armpits and groin with soap like naughty children. Other than at the start/end of shifts, the c**t was always locked away in his office anyway.

None of us had a clue who it was aimed at, so I think he just thought we all stank. He confessed to me once that he brushed his teeth six times a day, so I think it was definitely a him problem.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You need to create your own smell, one which dominates the office and overpowers his.  If people are holding their nose walking past you want that to be because you made it happen. 

Start shitting in one of the file cabinets?
Scatter seafood above the ceiling tiles?
Murder his stinky colleague and stuff the body under his desk?

Edited by BFTD

26 minutes ago, hk blues said:

What's the smell - BO?  If it's something else you'd need to tread more carefully and maybe get HR to have a word.  

Not really, or at least its not the conventional, distinctive BO smell. As you allude to, its difficult to even talk about or describe without coming across like Enoch Powell.

7 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Not really, or at least its not the conventional, distinctive BO smell. As you allude to, its difficult to even talk about or describe without coming across like Enoch Powell.

Aye, that 'Rivers of Curry' speech was something else.....................

16 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

This is definitely an HR problem, although it'll likely make your stinky pal feel victimised to know that he's been giving everyone the boak and they've gone behind his back. You can't really say anything unless he's more than an acquaintance, though.

Whenever this subject comes up, it often seems to come down to a clothing problem rather than BO. Maybe their washing machine is full of mold, maybe they don't have somewhere to dry their clothes effectively, maybe they just never learned how to wash their clothes properly. It's not specifically a South Asian thing either - it's not like everyone from India or Pakistan wanders about honking all the time.

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Aye, that 'Rivers of Curry' speech was something else.....................

As my old man like to say, "Enoch Powell was right". Just look at how much curry lines our high streets.

Edited by BFTD
Jesus, missing words constantly.

49 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

We had a lad at my old place (supermarket) who got sent home multiple times to go for a shower. By different managers/team leaders too so not like one person was singling him out. 

It’s defo a job for his manager, not a colleague imo but depends on the industry tho. A building site you’d probs get away with telling someone they fucking reek, an office environment not so much. 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We had a lad at my old place (supermarket) who got sent home multiple times to go for a shower. By different managers/team leaders too so not like one person was singling him out. 

It’s defo a job for his manager, not a colleague imo but depends on the industry tho. A building site you’d probs get away with telling someone they fucking reek, an office environment not so much. 

Hygiene is a big deal at my workplace, and they will happily send you home permanently if you turn up ponging. You're warned about it before you start, so it's obviously been a problem in the past. The lavvies are a fucking nightmare, but everyone's minty-fresh.

I mind going to India for the first time a few moons back. Was there for about 2 weeks and ate nothing but curry. Now i didnt notice any different but when I came back Mrs Mullarkant said I was fucking reeking of curry for about a week.  Absolute scenes and one of my proudest moments.

Remaining on the Indian theme, i once asked this Indian guy if us westerners have a distinctive reek and he said, "yes - sour milk". Cheeky c**t.

Finally, there was an absolute stunning Indian bird at my work a few years back. Great body, beautiful face, tall.  Unfortunately she smelled like what I can only imagine would be @BFTD oxters after a long summers day. Shame.  Nobody said anything to her though. 

Indian related anecdotes end.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkant said:

I mind going to India for the first time a few moons back. Was there for about 2 weeks and ate nothing but curry. Now i didnt notice any different but when I came back Mrs Mullarkant said I was fucking reeking of curry for about a week.  Absolute scenes and one of my proudest moments.

Remaining on the Indian theme, i once asked this Indian guy if us westerners have a distinctive reek and he said, "yes - sour milk". Cheeky c**t.

Finally, there was an absolute stunning Indian bird at my work a few years back. Great body, beautiful face, tall.  Unfortunately she smelled like what I can only imagine would be @BFTD oxters after a long summers day. Shame.  Nobody said anything to her though. 

Indian related anecdotes end.

I've heard the sour milk thing before - apparently it's something the Japanese used to complain about Westerners, as milk wasn't really part of their diet before WWII.

I'm sure I've said it before, but stop fantasising about my armpits.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hygiene is a big deal at my workplace, and they will happily send you home permanently if you turn up ponging. You're warned about it before you start, so it's obviously been a problem in the past. The lavvies are a fucking nightmare, but everyone's minty-fresh.

The lad still works there as far as I know, on the produce section too. I don’t do my shopping there :lol: No idea how he’s not been sacked yet

We had some belters in that place, one of the chairs from the checkouts had to be thrown after an incident. 

21 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The lad still works there as far as I know, on the produce section too. I don’t do my shopping there :lol: No idea how he’s not been sacked yet

We had some belters in that place, one of the chairs from the checkouts had to be thrown after an incident

I worked in a Post Office for a while where a woman took a shit on a chair. Dropped her pants, sat on the chair, soiled herself, in full view of the queue for the counters.

Thankfully it wasn't my shift, as the owner insisted that the chair be cleaned and put back out again.

Supermarkets seem to be rife with this. I was stacking shelves in my younger years and turned round to see my supervisor crouched down stacking soup on the bottom shelf. All perfectly normal, except the position the guy had taken revealed that his arse-crack and lower back were caked with dried shite.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

33 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Supermarkets seem to be rife with this. I was stacking shelves in my younger years and turned round to see my supervisor crouched down stacking soup on the bottom shelf. All perfectly normal, except the position the guy had taken revealed that his arse-crack and lower back were caked with dried shite.

A stand up, front to back wiper obvs.

Or a wrong-un, to use the shorter description. 

Back when we were still in the office, half the place was full of Indians flown over here by Accenture. 

Regular core group were fine, but they'd rotate some teams in and out regularly. One fella turned up on a Monday, but 10.30 he had his shoes and socks off and spraying some powder over his trotters.

Smell was unreal, made it to lunchtime and I spoke to my boss. She didn't want anything to do with it, said it might be culturally insensitive!

I just turned round and phoned HR and my union rep, explained i'd complained to my boss, she wasn't prepared to deal with it and I'd be going home and working from there (big no no at that time).

Oddly it got sorted by the next day and he was off-site by Thursday and back on the Emirates.