Work colleagues

Just now, scottsdad said:

Never mind the bcc chat. I know folk who struggle to differentiate reply, reply all, and forward.

You can probably file me in this box. I get progressively angrier everytime I reply all and the attachments fall off.

25 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Never mind the bcc chat. I know folk who struggle to differentiate reply, reply all, and forward.

Could I hazard a guess that some of them will be able to post videos on TikTok and Instagram without any issue?

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Some daftie who 'survived'(sic) the 2004 Asian Tsunami put out an email advertising a charity to help rebuild somewhere or other, managed to send to all and caused Fife Council's emails to freeze for a whole day.

About 15 years ago I worked at a company who sent an email to all staff re offering breast screening service to all females.  One guy thought it was hilarious to forward it to a couple of his mates adding "aye and if any bonnie lassies wi' big knockers want their breasts screened then please form an orderly queue at my office door".......inadvertently copying in all staff.  He was absolutely mortified and phoned the chairman at home that night to apologise......still working there to this day.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

About 15 years ago I worked at a company who sent an email to all staff re offering breast screening service to all females.  One guy thought it was hilarious to forward it to a couple of his mates adding "aye and if any bonnie lassies wi' big knockers want their breasts screened then please form an orderly queue at my office door".......inadvertently copying in all staff.  He was absolutely mortified and phoned the chairman at home that night to apologise......still working there to this day.

This didn't happen at work but an ex colleague of mine had a son who lived with his mum, not his estranged dad (my colleague) but he had a decent relationship with the boy. We worked abroad but he still got cc'd into the emails from his son's football team coach (U16s IIRC) The coach sent out an email to the team mailing list urging more commitment from the lads as some weren't turning up for training. My colleague who used to help with the coaching before he left, replied to the coach saying something along the lines of, "Aye, you'll not get any argument from me there. I know my Kevin is a lazy wee sh***" but replied to all.

It was actually a shame because he was so upset with himself after his boy told him he wanted nothing more to do with him. Think they patched it up a few months later.

34 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

This didn't happen at work but an ex colleague of mine had a son who lived with his mum, not his estranged dad (my colleague) but he had a decent relationship with the boy. 

I need a graph or chart to keep up with this.

I can think of 2 examples. 

One (I think I said this before) - quite recently. The prof was talking to the timetabling team about his course. He then "forwarded" an email on to me and added his own comments about how these folk were incompetent, were sabotaging him and so on. Except...he didn't forward it to me. He had in fact replied to the timetabling team. Guess who's teaching on Friday afternoons nowadays...

Second, a colleague and I were dealing with a student who was basically lying to us. It was regards a coursework assessment he was trying to get out of and it was just paper-thin excuses. My colleague replied to me about how the lad was being dishonest, wasting his time, really needs to pull himself together, and so on. But he had included the student in the reply. On reflection, I thought it was probably a good thing for him to see some tough love. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I can think of 2 examples. 

One (I think I said this before) - quite recently. The prof was talking to the timetabling team about his course. He then "forwarded" an email on to me and added his own comments about how these folk were incompetent, were sabotaging him and so on. Except...he didn't forward it to me. He had in fact replied to the timetabling team. Guess who's teaching on Friday afternoons nowadays...

Second, a colleague and I were dealing with a student who was basically lying to us. It was regards a coursework assessment he was trying to get out of and it was just paper-thin excuses. My colleague replied to me about how the lad was being dishonest, wasting his time, really needs to pull himself together, and so on. But he had included the student in the reply. On reflection, I thought it was probably a good thing for him to see some tough love. 

1e0cb1de-5d4e-4155-b15b-550f86b111be_text.gif

19 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Reminds me of a time in a company I used to work for we had some pretty mad Skype chats between the lads in my team, just one of those places where the bigger the shock value the funnier it was, no one really meant any of it. Anyway, one occasion we were all having a laugh, then one of the lads stood up, bright red in the face said nothing and walked out the office. When he came back he posted I've just sent "She'll be on all fours, taking it from all angles" to one of the managers next door. He'd gone straight through to apologise, she was a bit pissed thinking it was about her, it was actually about our current manager and it ended up going no further. Was funny as f**k for all of us though. 

working in IT i should know better...

When i was a civil servant OT was plentiful but in the Glasgow team it was always the same 3 managers(1 of them was the boss of the other 2) who did all the weekend OT, whereas in Edinburgh it was folk on my level unless it was a major issue and all were in.

One Monday morning i came in to an email about a pretty mundane issue that would have taken 1 helpdesk person less than an hour to fix but as it was a Glasgow issue the 3 managers managed to make it last all day Saturday. I was pretty sure I hit the forward button to my manager saying why did it take the 3 of them, esp as 2 of them have never touched the system BUT I actually hit reply all...

Thankfully i work in IT and know about the recall feature and thank fcuk it actually worked this time! as these 3 would gladly report it.

few months after I left, the 3 of them got in trouble for racist/sectarian langue on skype chat. the 2 junior managers were punted and the manager of them was moved. Sad i missed it.

50 minutes ago, steelmen said:

the recall feature and thank fcuk it actually worked this time!

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Eh?

Would have been handy to have known about this back in the day.

22 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

Fair play to the boy if he's still going through that queue to this day! :thumsup2

On 19/08/2024 at 11:39, hk blues said:

If the driver is halving the petrol money then I'd agree that's maybe a  bit tight if it's like you describe but I don't think it's unreasonable to contribute something to the overall costs regardless. 

Some utter soft touches here ffs. Better hope Larry Wylie doesn't move in above youse

On 28/08/2024 at 20:15, scottsdad said:

I work for a UK wide company and occasionally someone sends something to the whole company. Mundane like. You then end up with about 50 folk who've all replied all with replies like "I'll help out in the Glasgow office" 

5 hours ago, steelmen said:

Thankfully i work in IT and know about the recall feature and thank fcuk it actually worked this time!

Don't believe ye. Ye t to see that be 100% successful in 25 years

On 29/08/2024 at 03:48, Caledonian1 said:

BBC?