C**** on Holiday

Us too, 27 hours on a bus to Calella from Coatbridge to stay in a fucking tent.

My mum took the Soda Stream the first time we went - she thought the juice would be to expensive. Don't know what the neighbours thought when they heard the paarp skoosh.

I went there on a bus as well - in fact I think that was 1995- met some lassie from Tranent at the disco and she treated me to my very first sookie (then spat the result all over my brand new Barca tap)

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went there on a bus as well - in fact I think that was 1995- met some lassie from Tranent at the disco and she treated me to my very first sookie (then spat the result all over my brand new Barca tap)

Ha, no such luck for me. Too busy playing football at the tennis/handball courts. Loved that wee place though. I always wanted to go to the nightclub on the road to Palafrugell, it hosted Màkina (Spanish hardcore) nights. Was never allowed though.

Not specific to holidays, but c**ts taking photos off EVERYTHING.

Was recently in New York and I was the only one not taking 4000 photos of the Statue of Liberty that look exactly like it's been taken from google and instead, was just taking it all in. Boils my piss

Totally agree with this and this is something that boils my piss about the digital age.

Also noticed this at Glastonbury the other week. Fuckin hunners of people out with phones recording what they were watching despite the fact it was on BBC and will be all over you tube with far higher quality videos. Just live in the fucking moment for f**k sake

My first holiday without my parents was the bus to Estartit. The driver picked us up at Buchanan Station, took a wrong turn and ended up in a car park before even finding the M8.

it was also the first time I had a proper hangover in a hot country. Hot tents and hangovers, not the greatest.

One of my workmates went by bus to Estartit a few times, and even that didn't put him off going to Lido de Jesolo near Venice which was a DVT inducing 36 hours on the bus.

I went there on a bus as well! 1994 during the World Cup. Magic.

Hard going the travel though- reckon we must have been away about 18 days of something when you take the travelling into account.

And the bus broke down in the middle of the night in a tunnel in Switzerland that was about 30 miles long. So the air con stopped working as well. Was horrific.

I'd never left Scotland before so getting to pick folk up in Hull and then heading through France, Switzerland and on to Italy was like a world tour for me.

On 7/14/2017 at 14:38, whiskychimp said:

My missus and her mates were locked in a restaurant and the police called as they hadnt "fully" tipped. 

They'd left 10% as they'd had shite service

They pointed out to the police that it said "discretionary gratuity," but were informed that meant it was part of the bill.

Great story. You should have added some unicorns to make it more believable.

On 7/14/2017 at 14:56, Cerberus said:

Where was this?

In his imagination.

On 7/14/2017 at 15:16, Cerberus said:

I've heard that some places have a mandatory gratuity for parties larger than 5.

Yes, that's common but it will always say so on the menu. It's usually 18%, which will often save you money. However, Whiskychimp specifically claimed that the restaurant stated this was a "discretionary gratuity", which means it's discretionary and NOT part of the bill. Even in Miami. A town which relies almost exclusively on the tourist trade.

Look, while not tipping, or leaving a small tip is frowned upon from a social behaviour aspect, it isn't illegal in the USA. Something which quite definitely is illegal is Forcible Detention, which is what he's claiming happened to his wife. "If" the restaurant manager was dumb enough to lock customers in (wonder what the other patrons had to say?) and then call the police, he would find himself in handcuffs pretty damn quick and out of a job very shortly afterwards. An ambulance chasing lawyer would have been in touch soon after that resulting in nice fat lawsuit and most likely, the restaurant going out of business.

Leaving a 10% tip will pretty much guarantee shitty service should you for some reason ever return to that restaurant but it will not result in you being locked in, or the police being called, or you being forced to leave a larger "discretionary gratuity."

37 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Great story. You should have added some unicorns to make it more believable.

In his imagination.

Yes, that's common but it will always say so on the menu. It's usually 18%, which will often save you money. However, Whiskychimp specifically claimed that the restaurant stated this was a "discretionary gratuity", which means it's discretionary and NOT part of the bill. Even in Miami. A town which relies almost exclusively on the tourist trade.

Look, while not tipping, or leaving a small tip is frowned upon from a social behaviour aspect, it isn't illegal in the USA. Something which quite definitely is illegal is Forcible Detention, which is what he's claiming happened to his wife. "If" the restaurant manager was dumb enough to lock customers in (wonder what the other patrons had to say?) and then call the police, he would find himself in handcuffs pretty damn quick and out of a job very shortly afterwards. An ambulance chasing lawyer would have been in touch soon after that resulting in nice fat lawsuit and most likely, the restaurant going out of business.

Leaving a 10% tip will pretty much guarantee shitty service should you for some reason ever return to that restaurant but it will not result in you being locked in, or the police being called, or you being forced to leave a larger "discretionary gratuity."

Aye. I just love making shit like that up. I thought the"discretionary" bit was some nice frosting. I put it in because that was the point they were arguing. They were the only patrons. It was the police who told them to pay. They are all black or mixed race. One is fat as f**k. One is a probation officer. One drives a range rover. They went to portugal for two days prior to Miami. Then onto New York where she bought some horrible clothes. 

That is my complete recollection. 

Now kindly go f**k yourself, you utter weirdo. I hardly claimed to have had a 3some with Susanah Reid and Carol Vorderman.

1 minute ago, whiskychimp said:

Aye. I just love making shit like that up. I thought the"discretionary" bit was some nice frosting. I put it in because that was the point they were arguing. They were the only patrons. It was the police who told them to pay. They are all black or mixed race. One is fat as f**k. One is a probation officer. One drives a range rover. They went to portugal for two days prior to Miami. Then onto New York where she bought some horrible clothes. 

That is my complete recollection. 

Now kindly go f**k yourself, you utter weirdo. I hardly claimed to have had a 3some with Susanah Reid and Carol Vorderman.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Two phrases I must try to angle into conversations this week. 

Dont know the original context but "BANGFLOOMP" could be when you unfurl your penis at a urinal , next to a work collegue

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

It was Calella De Pallafrugel we went to. Your holiday experiences sound better than mine. I was a ninja at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade machine in the.bar at the holiday camp but sounds like you had a much better time.

It was Calella De Pallafrugel we went to. Your holiday experiences sound better than mine. I was a ninja at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade machine in the.bar at the holiday camp but sounds like you had a much better time.

It was the same campsite I was at mate. That was the name of it. I was probably a few years older than you at the time then [emoji106]

I mind my aunt telling me about those trips.

Her, her kids and her husband at the time all got a train through to Glasgow to catch a coach to Spain, first trip abroad, standing with other families.

They had been forgotten, the coach was heading towards England before realising that they'd forgotten a pick up apparently.

Archived