Dundee FC v Ross County FC

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leaving shortly and looking forward to it, although not feeling too confident. Draper would have been useful today.

Be safe on the road and remember to wear your sun shades as there may be a few dayglo jobbie sleaved distractions going in the other direction.
Could make for dangerous driving conditions IMHO.

Leaving shortly and looking forward to it, although not feeling too confident. Draper would have been useful today.

Safe journey m8 (desperately resisting the urge to make mobile home references).

Too much negativity from the Staggies here, just when we are feeling slightly positive.

This is a big game for us. A home match against 1 of our bottom 10 rivals, we need to lay a marker down, home results are critical, we need to build fortress Dens. McCann's uncompromising, winning nature needs to be proven/displayed.

I'm not saying it's in any way a given but I'll be disappointed if we don't win by 2 clear goals.

Bain
Kerr      O'Dea      Hendry    Holt
                       Kamara
Deacon          Gowser          Allan
             Moussa       El Bak

Hopfully we line up something like this and not play one up top.

Whilst I agree DJ that's probably our strongest line up to me the problem is kind of McGowan. I really like Gowser but to me he's not defensive enough, not a good enough tackler. It leaves Kamara too exposed. I realise he's totally out of the picture but I think Vincent would maybe offer a little more cover.

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Why would O'Dea not play?

My bad, I thought he was out - I prob got his suspension and him getting a knock in the derby together and jumped to conclusions!

I'm less bothered about the back 4 against County tho (hope that doesn't bite me) but I'm thinking/hoping NM might tweak the attack a bit...

I think Randy deserves a start but so do Roarie, Scotty and Kamara too so its between O'Hara and Gowser for who drop out imo - harsh on O'Hara after his goal and I'd not want to tell Gowser he's dropped but I think we need a bit more support for Moussa (or El Bak/Haber if he changes it up)

3 hours ago, DEEJANGO said:

Bain

Kerr      O'Dea      Hendry    Holt

Kamara

Deacon          Gowser?        Wolters

Allan                                      Moussa

I was thinking something like this?

Eta - not sure about Gowser/O'Hara/Vincent in the middle either...

I guess we could always go to a diamond and stick El Bak up top too!

+ fk knows why Moussa's out on the right wing all of a sudden!

County going 433/451.  Dundee doing something similar with Wolters on the left wing and Allan coming inside, probably more of a 4231.

I expect it will be man-for-man in the middle: Chow picking up Allan, Lindsay on O'Hara, Routis with Kamara.  Routis will be the one to support Schalk, he needs to try to pull Kamara around though.

County only have two senior outfielders on the bench! 

3 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Who's wide left & right?  Gardyne & Dow?

Yes. Davis Keillor-Dunn is the back up winger. Which makes giving him no previous game time in the first team a poor decision. 

I like the look of that Dundee midfield, tbh.

IMG_4159.thumb.JPG.f781bab79b8af57765b91ff238bdc1c6.JPG

Archived