Sportscene Watch 19/20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not Sportscene per se, but the coverage of BBC Scotland's classic Scottish Cup games on Friday/Sunday.

We got 1 hour of crammed highlights of Hearts v Hibs and Motherwell v Dundee Utd yet we get the full 90 minutes plus post match interviews, etc, of the 2002 bigotfest last night.  As a neutral, i'd much rather they had shown the Motherwell v Utd game in full but, hey ho, it's the Fran & Anna pandering we're subjected to here.

Hope they show the FULL Hibs v rangers 2016 game along with the same 20 minutes or so post match coverage.  Although i don't remember many player interviews, the general footage could clearly show those brave boys in the blue end taking suitable action to "protect their players" (copyright J Traynor).

18 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Not Sportscene per se, but the coverage of BBC Scotland's classic Scottish Cup games on Friday/Sunday.

We got 1 hour of crammed highlights of Hearts v Hibs and Motherwell v Dundee Utd yet we get the full 90 minutes plus post match interviews, etc, of the 2002 bigotfest last night.  As a neutral, i'd much rather they had shown the Motherwell v Utd game in full but, hey ho, it's the Fran & Anna pandering we're subjected to here.

Hope they show the FULL Hibs v rangers 2016 game along with the same 20 minutes or so post match coverage.  Although i don't remember many player interviews, the general footage could clearly show those brave boys in the blue end taking suitable action to "protect their players" (copyright J Traynor).

297.png

• 2 weeks later...

Queen of the South vs Aberdeen Scottish Cup semi final is on now.

Recall this game, was an absolute cracker, and a huge Aberdeen bottling (although that does Queens a bit of disservice).

I'd love to see that mental Hibs-Motherwell game in full.

Also a certain Motherwell playoff game would be worth another watch.
I'd be happy with them showing a few of the Premiership play-offs: ours v Hibs*, Motherwell v Rangers, Falkirk v Hibs and Livi's two ties in 2018 would all be worth showing.

* The first leg of the Falkirk semi was also one of my all-time favourite games in terms of excitement.

The Dundee derby from November 95 was a very good watch last night, it's a much better watch when you don't already know iwhat the overall result was (so that's plenty with the cup finals).

The BBC are missing a trick by not producing something similar to the Premier League Years series, using their league and cup footage to package the highlights of the Scottish football season in chronological order. It's something that could fill a practically unlimited amount of space in a schedule pretty much devoid of other new content right now and would also help raise the profile of the BBC Scotland channel. And don't start it with the first season of the SPL either; I want all the old leagues covered in a similar manner to the old featured game on a Saturday night format.

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Dundee derby from November 95 was a very good watch last night, it's a much better watch when you don't already know iwhat the overall result was (so that's plenty with the cup finals).

The BBC are missing a trick by not producing something similar to the Premier League Years series, using their league and cup footage to package the highlights of the Scottish football season in chronological order. It's something that could fill a practically unlimited amount of space in a schedule pretty much devoid of other new content right now and would also help raise the profile of the BBC Scotland channel. And don't start it with the first season of the SPL either; I want all the old leagues covered in a similar manner to the old featured game on a Saturday night format.

That would indeed be quality, but we know it won't happen.

We'll instead get constant Celtic and dead Rangers games, with the occasional Aberdeen game, and even less occasionally something like last night.

On 20/04/2020 at 10:14, DiegoDiego said:

I'd love to see that mental Hibs-Motherwell game in full.

Also a certain Motherwell playoff game would be worth another watch.

Both legs of the play off please.  On a constant loop. With two hours of build up and then post-match analysis of the snottery tears from the Sevco fans. 

Suspect they won't be able to show full Premiership play-off games (or Motherwell 6-6 Hibs) because they didn't have the rights to broadcast those at the time.

Play-offs were all on BT Sport and the Motherwell v Hibs was on Sky.

They could certainly show extended highlights as they did at the time though.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Suspect they won't be able to show full Premiership play-off games (or Motherwell 6-6 Hibs) because they didn't have the rights to broadcast those at the time.

Play-offs were all on BT Sport and the Motherwell v Hibs was on Sky.

They could certainly show extended highlights as they did at the time though.

Highlights of Motherwell 6-6 Hibs is on next Sunday.

This Friday we get the 'treat' of highlights of the old, dead Rangers vs Aberdeen from 1991.

Friday the 8th we get another 'treat' with the Scottish Cup semi final of 1991 of Motherwell vs Celtic.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This Friday we get the 'treat' of highlights of the old, dead Rangers vs Aberdeen from 1991.

Friday the 8th we get another 'treat' with the Scottish Cup semi final of 1991 of Motherwell vs Celtic.

The Motherwell replay was a classic, you don’t get two shots at the old firm.

Showing highlights (even if they're extended) of classic matches is kind of shite, I think - especially for that Motherwell-Hibs game. You want to feel the despair of Motherwell fans as each Hibs goal goes in and then the shift in atmosphere as they start clawing it back. I just don't think highlights of that game will do it justice.