Partick Thistle vs Flag Stealing ****

jagfox

You'd never think this midweek cup game is happening based on the journos discussions surrounding whether Wallace and/or John will make it for the forces of darkness next weekend versus the unwashed. Lots of articles about the upcoming OF clash.

No doubt Pedro will be under pressure on whether he wants a league cup semi final appearance or not be mauled in first OF derby of season. Tough choice.

It may play well for us as they will need to manage the team and players and have a few injuries after our physical matchup on Friday night.

This is the Jags team I'd play:

Scully

Keown Devine Turnbull

McGinn Elliott

Osman

Bannigan Edwards

Lawless

Doolan

I don't think Cerny will be fit. If he is then he's #1. I'd give Lawless the #10 role seeing as Storey is cup tied and Erskine is out (I assume that red card plays?) if not I'd play Erskine again all day long. Adds a lot to our play. Dools is a certainty.

If Sammon is available for selection I wouldn't start him. If we play a 3-5-2 he's a guy who did well relieving some pressure and causing Rangers problems Friday night when he came on.

I'd also rest Spittal. But you could argue you play him in place of Lawless. I'm just thinking about managing the larger squad we now have and upcoming weekend game also. He put in a big shift Friday night. He's clearly a weapon for us but we can always bring him on.

No place for Barton for me if the captain is back from his shoulder injury unless you drop Danny and put Adam in at center half / sweeper. I think he's better there anyway. Plus he's not been at his best and this would be as good a game to drop him for. Bannigans work rate should be useful and we also have young McCarthy should we need him.

Sevco are there for the taking. They are bang average and it's about time we got a cup run on the books and a day at Hampden.

Mon' the Jags! [emoji1045][emoji1591][emoji1306]

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this game tonight. We should hopefully have learned from the poor defending on Friday and be a bit more physical in the challenge ourselves. 

It's unacceptable that Thistle get 5 yellows, a red and another red that the ref missed and we haven't stuck a solid challenge back in. It's a man's game after all. 

As for Ryan Jack, he's no hard man. I'd expect my youngest boy to snap him in a tackle and he's 11. Hell have to toughen up if he's to stay at Ibrox. 

6 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I agree, but as I've previously posted, he doesn't even pretend to try against the Govan mob

Presumably you're a grown man. So you honestly believe that he makes a conscious decision not to try against Rangers because it happens to be the team he supports? Really?

Presumably you're a grown man. So you honestly believe that he makes a conscious decision not to try against Rangers because it happens to be the team he supports? Really?

Whether consciously or not, he has been woeful in every appearance he has made for us against rangers. Irrespective of any form he has or hasn't been in the periods around the matches against rangers.

And further to this, I believe there have been players in the past who have intentionally turned in below par performances for us against the ugly sisters. Martin hardie missing a penalty in a shootout against celtic immediately jumps to mind in a league cup tie at parkhead

Archived