East Fife V's Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Absolutely embarrassing. Ben Gordon please leave!

Are all the folk who were panicking still doing so..... I doubt it. what absolutely amazing signings. Well done to all involved at the clubs for bringing them in!! I think I can speak for all to say that we are delighted with who has signed!!!
  • Your opinion has clearly changed ! It gives me no pleasure saying we are not as good a squad as some think. The balance of the squad could be better and we need more who care about the club than using us as a stop gap till a better offer comes along

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm genuinely struggling to think of the last time Raith had such a one sided win.

Maybe the time we put seven past you in the eighties?

Even then they managed to get a consolation.

Today was fun, let's do it again soon :)
Helpful advice, when Kevin McHattie beats you more than once it's time to reconsider your career choice.

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I'm genuinely struggling to think of the last time Raith had such a one sided win.

Maybe the time we put seven past you in the eighties?

Probably the Queens Park game at home when Vaughan scored his first senior goal. 

Utterly sensational stuff in the first half. We really should have been 6-0 up at half time. Buchanan could've been on a hat-trick, but even then we were so far ahead it was embarrasing. The only thing making this derby of any relevance is the fact we're 30 years unbeaten. If East Fife eventually end it, then there'll be very little of relevance in the game itself. 

Bobby Barr was superb today, and it was a hilarious to see him on the wind up. It completely set the tone for the first half. Vaughan continues to be streets ahead of everyone else in the league. Spence and Buchanan also caused massive problems for them, and Robertson and Callachan looked to push on the rest of the game. 

Good to see our away hoodoo ended, to go top of the league and to score 5. Hopefully we put out the u20s vs Ross County Colts and then go onto the Ayr game with a chance to put them under pressure. 

Can't think of such a one sided game since the St Mirren game in 92. What a joke of an outfit East Fife are. I don't even think think we were near our best either. Great to see all the forwards score and pleased that Barr got the goal and assists his effort this season deserved. 

East Fife :lol::lol:

Bobby Barr was superb today, and it was a hilarious to see him on the wind up. It completely set the tone for the first half.

Every time he came across to that side of the pitch he had a big grin on his face about something. Great to see him happy though, especially after the end of last season. The good thing about bawview was that you could hear the shouts and communication between the players, they seemed to be encouraging each other, making each other aware of threats or space available.

I thought if east fife came out to get us, then we would win (although, i didn't think it would be as convincing) and they did for about 5-10 minutes at the start of the first half, then we came more into the game, scored and we were probably the better side the rest of the game.

I have no idea what the f**k that was that I witnessed today, that wasn't the team that beat Alloa a fortnight ago or the side that showed the battling qualities that beat Arbroath last week!!!
That side shat it from the final whistle to the last, the only players getting pass marks from me, were the subs, maybe apart from Duggan and Wilkie, that starting 11 were 2nd to every ball, every tackle, bereft of ideas and lacking leadership from on the pitch and from the sidelines!!!
Raith were more than worthy of their win but the way we rolled over and let them leaves a sour taste in the mouth and was a real kick in the guts to the fans!!!
For me, the sooner Pagey is back the sooner Ben Gordon can get to f**k, obviously thinks he's better than he is and obviously doesn't give a f**k, ditch him now and get Kano back in, he might not be as good but he wouldn't have let that Raith attack do what they want the whole game!!!
Just really too angry to suitably express how I feel about today, if we had played and put up a fight but had gotten beaten 5-0 it would be easier to take than what we got today!!!
Funny juxtaposition this game is:
Raith fans don't give a shit about this Derby, Raith team obviously give a shit about this Derby - East Fife fans give a shit about this Derby, East Fife team obviously don't give a shit about this Derby!!!

I think it's more that we beat somebody - anybody - 5-0 away from home.

If we had beat the Pars 5-0 at EEP this would be glorious. As it is, it's nice but I actually feel bad for the East Fife fans.

Get well soon.

What's the Rovers fans thoughts on our new goalkeeper? I thought he had a few dodgy moments.

Difficult to form an opinion when he had so little to do. He had a weak punch at a cross in the 2nd half and maybe one other incident where he could have been more commanding.

In the bar after the game and quote from a East Fife director 5 crosses 4 goals! Was that the difference? Pure Deluded East Fife the worst team we have played yet, and King Kebab stating we handed back 500 tickets BS mate total slaver and there was still Rovers fans in the Home end. We could have actually stepped up a gear and to think I thought we would draw

10 minutes ago, basher brash said:

In the bar after the game and quote from a East Fife director 5 crosses 4 goals! Was that the difference? Pure Deluded East Fife the worst team we have played yet, and King Kebab stating we handed back 500 tickets BS mate total slaver and there was still Rovers fans in the Home end. We could have actually stepped up a gear and to think I thought we would draw

Now that is interesting, New Bayview capacity is 1980 and today's attendance is reported as 1850.

Difference of 130, NOT 500 :rolleyes:

Mibbees it wis EF tickets that were not sold!! 8)

I don't mind getting beat, as an East Fife supporter I'm more than used to it but today was totally unacceptable! That's was the worst team effort I can ever recall! Every single time we get a half decent crowd in the players completely f**k it up! Who in their right mind would be encouraged to lay £15 to watch that dross every other week?

The only plus side for me is I'm going to be busy with work and golf outings for the majority of September so my eyes will have plenty time to rest. Good luck next Sat! We will need it [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

Archived