East Fife V's Raith Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a bit worried about Wee Thicky.
Has he been on since the trousering?  Hope he's not done something dafter than usual.

Stevo Fife and his horse are my primary concern. Especially after that distressing photograph from earlier in this thread.

Anyway, hopefully the return fixture around Bonfire night has as many goals.

1 hour ago, Scottydog said:

I'm a bit worried about Wee Thicky.

Has he been on since the trousering?  Hope he's not done something dafter than usual.

Rumour Mill has it that Sainsbury's, Methil/Leven ran oot o' Stella Atrois about 9.30 last night.

Might be a connection?

Should also check for minor court cases in the East Fife Mail next week.   ;)

I have no idea what the f**k that was that I witnessed today, that wasn't the team that beat Alloa a fortnight ago or the side that showed the battling qualities that beat Arbroath last week!!!
That side shat it from the first whistle to the last, the only players getting pass marks from me, were the subs!!! Apart from Duggan and Wilkie, that starting 11 were 2nd to every ball, every tackle, bereft of ideas and lacking leadership from on the pitch and from the sidelines!!!
Raith were more than worthy of their win but the way we rolled over and let them do what they wanted leaves a sour taste in the mouth and was a real kick in the guts to the fans!!!
For me, the sooner Pagey is back the sooner Ben Gordon can get to f**k, obviously thinks he's better than he is and obviously doesn't give a f**k, ditch him now and get Kano back in, he might not be as good a player but he wouldn't have let that Raith attack do what they want the whole game!!!
Just really too angry to suitably express how I feel about today, if we had played and put up a fight but had gotten beaten 5-0 it would be easier to take than what we got today!!!
Funny juxtaposition this game is:
Raith fans don't give a shit about this Derby, Raith team obviously give a shit about this Derby - East Fife fans give a shit about this Derby, East Fife team obviously don't give a shit about this Derby!!!

Add Docherty and Duggan to the list that can go and play somewhere else

Listened to Youngs post match interview and read some of East Fife fans comments on here and the general opinion was East Fife were Sh@@e the day, Maybe it was just a gulf in quality to be honest and really we could have scored another 2 quite easily. As I stated in an early post I thought we might struggle and get a draw as a local derby is allways a leveller in terms of form/ full time setup etc but how wrong I could be it just shows why staying full time is vital if we have any chance of promotion.

As the past two seasons have shown League 1 has been dominated and won by a full time team in Livingston and Dunfermline. If you take Hearts/Rangers/Hibs the past 3 seasons in the Championship, Dunfermline and Livi and East Fife in Winning the league 2 title 15/16, the teams who have the most number of players consistently in their starting 11's who are at least good enough for the division above stand a good chance of becoming champions. EF had Page, Mercer, Wilkie, Fash, Insall, Kerr, Liam Kelly, Naysmith, Kev Smith, Slattery all boys who at the time were League 1 level or above players. I don't watch the Rovers every week but Barr, Thomson, Benadictus, Buchanan, Spence, Vaughn etc are all good enough to play in the Championship and probably have an edge over Ayr in the starting 11 when everyone is fully fit. However, last season EF beat Livi on 4 occasions and especially the 2 games at Bayview it came from hard work, tactical discipline, showing no respect to the opposition and with Robinson and Insall having boys pressing high enough up the pitch and Just being a constant menace forcing errors and it isn't asking too much to have expected the same at home yesterday.

I arrived just at kick off.  Guy in front of me got the last ticket for the Rovers end.  Few seats left unsold at the far end of the home stand.

Now that's not true!!!

a8eb88f9e72275f1c7b8279aa08adee0.jpg

4 hours ago, basher brash said:

Listened to Youngs post match interview and read some of East Fife fans comments on here and the general opinion was East Fife were Sh@@e the day, Maybe it was just a gulf in quality to be honest and really we could have scored another 2 quite easily. As I stated in an early post I thought we might struggle and get a draw as a local derby is allways a leveller in terms of form/ full time setup etc but how wrong I could be it just shows why staying full time is vital if we have any chance of promotion.

Buchanan could've had a hat-trick before the end of the first half. People had been saying we'd give a team a doing if it clicked on the day. Yesterday we played at full intensity for the first half, but even in the second we lowered the tempo which is fair enough given the game was over. Yesterday was an excellent afternoon in footballing terms, but we need to push on. A win against Ayr in our next game would be utterly superb and put some pressure on them. 

Archived