East Fife V's Raith Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Beachbum said:

That was the second biggest away win over East Fife. You have to go back to season 1933-34 for the biggest away win, East Fife 2-6 Raith Rovers.

Next up is East Fife 3-5 Raith Rovers in 1937-38.

The present team is in decent company with that thrashing. 

I'm unfamiliar with Beachbum's work so could someone please confirm whether this is an attempted whoosh or he's an utter moron? Cheers. 

f**k that was painful viewing. Some of those goals are absolutely ridiculous defending. With experienced guys like Gordon and Docherty at the back we should be doing a hell of a lot better than that. Giving away free headers in the 6 yard box is amateur stuff really. We really shouldn't be being out jumped by Buchanan either.

On the plus side, luckily it was only 5 and could have easily been at least 10.

I arrived just at kick off.  Guy in front of me got the last ticket for the Rovers end.  Few seats left unsold at the far end of the home stand.

As a neutral, was disappointed at EF's failure to compete.  Their marking was woeful.  All the best to both teams for the rest of the season. 

10 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Surely 5-0 is the biggest away win then.

9 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

I'm unfamiliar with Beachbum's work so could someone please confirm whether this is an attempted whoosh or he's an utter moron? Cheers. 

What a total cock up. Embarrassing.

I can't remember us being so dominant in the first half against an opponent in the same league. Our forward play and movement was fantastic, and only some woeful finishing from Buchanan prevented a deserved 6 or 7 goal lead at half time. I have to agree with East Fife fans on the terrible defending for cross balls. The two smallest guys on the pitch scored headed goals. We played with a bit of swagger and confidence which was a joy to watch. I particularly liked the work rate off the ball. East Fife just couldn't cope, and we never allowed them anytime on the ball, which knocked the stuffing out of them.

That inept display yesterday is why the Fife are at the level they are at, we have around 500 diehard fans that turn up every week but when we get a decent crowd and a chance to show people what we can do we freeze and serve up shite like we did yesterday and none of them will come back, hence the lack of money through the gate to improve the squad and compete at a higher level, to say it was embarrassing is an understatement but the only saving grace is it should have been much worse

Enjoyed my day out in Methil yesterday and as has been said previously it was a wee bit one sided.  Thought the team as a unit were excellent with Vaughn, Rossco, Barr, Robertson shading the others.  I, before the start of the game would have taken a draw but was firmly put in my place after four minutes.  Could have been up by 5 or 6 goals at half-time but 3 was fine.  Slow start to the second half but really never looked in any danger.  Disappointed in not hearing any songs from the home support at least you guys should get behind your team.  When you brought your players from the past out couldn't see them as I have a few memories of Jessie Dewar playing against us, a wee bit nearer the half-line would have helped.  Finally a wonderful programme one of the best I have seen for a while.

Good friend of mine from Methil took his 7 year old to his first game yesterday. He plays for EF under (whatever age bracket) and I picked them up on route and dropped them off after the game. Wee lad looked traumatised at ft, tried to have a laugh asking if the new scarf he bought cost FIVE pounds but he didn't twig. Needless to say he said he wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. Sare yin.

Archived