East Fife V's Raith Rovers

Now that is interesting, New Bayview capacity is 1980 and today's attendance is reported as 1850.
Difference of 130, NOT 500 :rolleyes:
Mibbees it wis EF tickets that were not sold!! 8)

Isn't it obvious? They were so ashamed of our turn out, East Fife fans generously donned their best Rovers gear to fill the gaps. I thank them for saving our embarrassment.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Now that is interesting, New Bayview capacity is 1980 and today's attendance is reported as 1850.

According to East Fife the home end was sold out.

Capture1.PNG

East Fife fans in the Rovers end [emoji6]

I don't mind getting beat, as an East Fife supporter I'm more than used to it but today was totally unacceptable! That's was the worst team effort I can ever recall! Every single time we get a half decent crowd in the players completely f**k it up! Who in their right mind would be encouraged to lay £15 to watch that dross every other week?

The only plus side for me is I'm going to be busy with work and golf outings for the majority of September so my eyes will have plenty time to rest. Good luck next Sat! We will need it [emoji90][emoji90][emoji90]

The Rovers didn't give your players any time on the ball and as a result I thought your players looked tired pretty quickly. Don't be too hard on your team. We were excellent today. Just make sure you beat Ayr United for us (and you)

Are all the folk who were panicking still doing so..... I doubt it. what absolutely amazing signings. Well done to all involved at the clubs for bringing them in!! I think I can speak for all to say that we are delighted with who has signed!!!
  • Your opinion has clearly changed ! It gives me no pleasure saying we are not as good a squad as some think. The balance of the squad could be better and we need more who care about the club than using us as a stop gap till a better offer comes along

Cause I could have foreseen that the guy would go from a solid defender at Alloa to whatever he can be branded for us...

Terrible centre half and laughing off the pitch sums it up

An excellent programme for sale on Saturday.All the regular features,facts and foties PLUS special feature articles on...
Davie Duncan, Scottish international who played with EF and RR.
Thirty Years (almost) Of Hurt. This one will please RR fans.
A commemoration of the Michael Pit disaster and how football played it's part in the recovery.
George Dewar. An East Fife legend and guest of honour at Saturday's game.
East Fife's official team photo for 2017/18
A special retro cover looking back at the first programme header from 1948 (and a Scottish cup win anniversary which Rover's fans can Google to find out what that is)
All this in a 40 Page programme for £2. Shahoorsir !!!

The East Fife programme is excellent. Great article on the Michael Colliery disaster. Paid £3 in the championship for worse.

Luckily I'm on the other side of the world now and no longer have to endure our pitiful performances in derby matches. I've even had my eyes bleed during a 6-2 spanking by Cowdenbeath but 5-0 at home is unacceptable.

I heard Young saying we had a go at Raith from the start which was the start of our downfall. Even the Raith fans on here have said that if we go at them early we will get thumped.

I know we still have Page, Kane and Smith to come back but even without those 4 we should be doing a hell of a lot better. Maybe just a one off shocker but we now have 2 weeks to stew over this.

I wonder what will happen first. Is actually beating Raith or Cowden or Scotland actually qualifying for a major tournament again. All looking highly unlikely at the moment.

Can't wait to watch the highlights...

Thank f**k we avoided Young in close season. Utter dreadful from EF.

That said, our attacking play was glorious. 

What the f**k is that noise the tannoy plays when the teams come out? Sounds like listening to a funeral organ on acid. Funny to here the world's worst announcer sound glum announcing each goal as they went in.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Thank f**k we avoided Young in close season. Utter dreadful from EF.

That said, our attacking play was glorious. 

What the f**k is that noise the tannoy plays when the teams come out? Sounds like listening to a funeral organ on acid. Funny to here the world's worst announcer sound glum announcing each goal as they went in.

You've got to feel for the East Fife fans. If the Pars had beaten us 5-0 at home, I'd probably have had one leg over the barrier at the Forth Road Bridge by now! For what it's worth, I didn't think EF looked any worse than anyone else we have played this season... apart from at the back from cross balls. How we had players un marked from crosses is criminal at any level.

4 minutes ago, 2711 said:

You've got to feel for the East Fife fans. If the Pars had beaten us 5-0 at home, I'd probably have had one leg over the barrier at the Forth Road Bridge by now! For what it's worth, I didn't think EF looked any worse than anyone else we have played this season... apart from at the back from cross balls. How we had players un marked from crosses is criminal at any level.

I think the issue was that they got caught in two minds. If they went to attack us, we pick them off. If they sat in, then they're going to get their fans on their back. In the end, they did neither, and got completely tanked by our forwards. 

It was quite funny to see another team at this level having no ability to stop Vaughan and our other forwards, and ending up with players losing the rag. I don't know who it was, but one of them went in with intent on Vaughan down at the corner flag and got nowhere near him. 

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Cause I could have foreseen that the guy would go from a solid defender at Alloa to whatever he can be branded for us...

Terrible centre half and laughing off the pitch sums it up

Maybe in future you should be more respectful of others opinions and the fact we didn't all agree with your wild optimism.

Maybe in future you should be more respectful of others opinions and the fact we didn't all agree with your wild optimism.

Wild optimism. We are 4 games in with a 50% league win rate.

My comment on Ben Gordon is for the fact he was laughing with no care in the world when coming off the pitch after being humiliated.

Naff all to do with the rest of the season or the further 32 games to go. We will still be fine I have no worries, today we were embarrassing and I would be delighted if we binned gordon and got in a replacement on loan. We miss Kerr and his defending/ goals!

Bad day at the office today, credit where it's due rovers were excellent. We couldn't cope with the movement of their attackers and they showed more fight and looked hungrier. Not going to name names but if some players think it's alright to show that kind of attitude playing for east fife they can think again. Not good enough but we move on

Archived