Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

Wouldn't it be nice if Celtic, given their obvious interest in the good of Scottish football as a whole, were to donate enough to keep them going for another season?

Isn't it more than just money all the folk who run the club were stepping down can only presume no one else was interested in taking over from them.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Isn't it more than just money all the folk who run the club were stepping down can only presume no one else was interested in taking over from them.

Maybe so, but I'm sure it would be easier to persuade them to stay on if the club was financially stable.

On 4/15/2018 at 17:39, big al said:

EK brought about 150 for the biggest game in their history last year.

cant imagine any of the teams in these leagues have a size of support worth thinking about.

I have read something similar on here before, maybe it was yourself. 

Where do you get that figure from?

Seemed to me that there were more than that.  I was sitting in the old wooden stand and there were plenty of them around me

Maybe I just attract them 

I have read something similar on here before, maybe it was yourself. 
Where do you get that figure from?
Seemed to me that there were more than that.  I was sitting in the old wooden stand and there were plenty of them around me
Maybe I just attract them 

There were 366 fans in away section and 1310 in home. In both cases there were a number of 'neutrals' who might be supporting either club

There were 366 fans in away section and 1310 in home. In both cases there were a number of 'neutrals' who might be supporting either club

So big Al just decided to more than half their support? [emoji23]

By that logic there were only 530 Home supporters for one of the biggest games in Cowdens history.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So big Al just decided to more than half their support? emoji23.png

By that logic there were only 530 Home supporters for one of the biggest games in Cowdens history.

Their support looked tiny for their big chance at the leagues. I admit I just guessed. Certainly didn’t look like 300 and odd bit obviously I have a poor memory.

my point is not many of the lowland league teams have many fans.

your not far off about the 530 though, the rest were just there to see if we went down.

Edited by big al

Their support looked tiny for their big chance at the leagues. I admit I just guessed. Certainly didn’t look like 300 and odd bit obviously I have a poor memory.
your not far off about the 530 though, the rest were just there to see if we went down.

I thought it looked slightly more, there is no way there was a single neutral on the terrace that day. It was the worst weather I've ever seen at the football.

6 minutes ago, calmac25 said:
18 minutes ago, big al said:

I thought it looked slightly more, there is no way there was a single neutral on the terrace that day. It was the worst weather I've ever seen at the football.

Eh?

was referring to the Cowden support being half nosey folk and half Cowden fans.

Eh?
was referring to the Cowden support being half nosey folk and half Cowden fans.
Sorry i wasn't paying much attention to what I quoted. I thought there was more then 300 EK fans at central park last year.

Someone previously said there would be neutrals in amongst the EK fans. I doubt any neutral would have chosen the terrace over the stand in monsoon conditions

26 minutes ago, calmac25 said:

Sorry i wasn't paying much attention to what I quoted. I thought there was more then 300 EK fans at central park last year.

Someone previously said there would be neutrals in amongst the EK fans. I doubt any neutral would have chosen the terrace over the stand in monsoon conditions

I did, along with about 4-5 other Morton fans I was with. Admittedly I’m from East Kilbride, but was more interested in seeing Cowdenbeath going down than EK going up. I’ll be in the Spartans/Cove end on 12th May hoping to see them buried this year.

I did, along with about 4-5 other Morton fans I was with. Admittedly I’m from East Kilbride, but was more interested in seeing Cowdenbeath going down than EK going up. I’ll be in the Spartans/Cove end on 12th May hoping to see them buried this year.

[emoji23][emoji23]

How come?

There were lots of neutrals on terracing because if they paid in to the EK turnstiles they couldn't then get into the stand. A lot of folks didn't appreciate before they got in how the segregation would work

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

How come?

I always go to the second leg of the pyramid play off final. In the three previous finals I’ve wanted the non league team to win, more for the sake of change and to see the pyramid establish itself than anything, but Cowdenbeath are a club I just don’t like, so I especially wanted them down.

East Stirling didn't fold when they went down and them seemed more financially precarious than Cowdenbeath, maybe going down, winning most weeks would help get everything back together and get some momentum going. 

I do want to see the pyramid do well and for that you need movement in between the leagues, it's sure to be interesting, again. 

17 hours ago, calmac25 said:
17 hours ago, big al said:

It was the worst weather I've ever seen at the football.

17 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Same here, weather was absolutely stinking.

On 17/04/2018 at 23:12, Grant228 said:

East Stirling didn't fold when they went down and them seemed more financially precarious than Cowdenbeath, maybe going down, winning most weeks would help get everything back together and get some momentum going. 

I do want to see the pyramid do well and for that you need movement in between the leagues, it's sure to be interesting, again. 

I’d be very surprised if any League 2 relegated side went bust going forward. There’s the parachute payment for one, and you still get Betfred Cup groups the next preseason with at least 1 premier side to earn cash from.

Cloth obviously needs to be cut accordingly, but if a club goes to the wall it will be as a result of previous financial mismanagement rather than the drop itself.

Shire fans I’ve spoken to have enjoyed being a competitive outfit the last couple of years! I’d peg them as definite challengers next time, no doubt more enjoyable a season in prospect than what the fans used to endure.

On 17/04/2018 at 18:59, calmac25 said:

I was on the terrace as a neutral.

So there.