Trapdoorwatch 2017-18

Big final day shoot out in the Lowland League on Saturday after tonight's results EK winning 3-0 at Whitehill and Spartans 4-0 at Dalbeattie.

Spartans on 72 points and EK on 71 with EK having a better goal difference by 8.

Saturday's games

Spartans v East Stirlingshire

University of Stirling v EK

14 minutes ago, Gene Wilder said:
11 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:
EK for me, think they have the most to offer long-term

No chance ! Another Gretna waiting to happen. Im from EK and there is very little interest in the team.

I agree with you bud.

EKs biggest game in their history was the 2nd leg at ours end of last season. The support they brought through that day was surprisingly small. 

Edited by big al

Thought it was a Scottish League not a Glasgow local League! 

I know lots of teams share, I just asked the question will Spartans share with Edinburgh in same league?

The Highland League will in all probability lose Fort William this season as they drop out of the league. Changing numbers in HL nothing unusual and they will adapt whether league is 16, 17 or whatever.

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Pish poor patter. 

Imagine wanting 2 more local teams than another 3 hour journey, shocker.

Aye who wants a proper away day visiting a new place and drinking in different pubs when you can travel 10 minutes along the road to play the same teams you've played a bazillion times before.

Then again I fully support no Cove in the league for next season. Same with Spartans and EK :lol:

4 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Pish poor patter. 

Must have been quite disappointed when Clyde started pulling away from the bottom end of the league & ending the chance of games against Cumbernauld Colts in their ground next season you may have been able to keep your usual seat if they let you.

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Thought it was a Scottish League not a Glasgow local League! 

I know lots of teams share, I just asked the question will Spartans share with Edinburgh in same league?

The Highland League will in all probability lose Fort William this season as they drop out of the league. Changing numbers in HL nothing unusual and they will adapt whether league is 16, 17 or whatever.

Why what' wrong with fort william. I know they had a fire several months back. Are things bad there?

5 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Pish poor patter. 

Any functioning adult who prefers a 30 minute away trip to a 3 hour away trip is for the watching.

3 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

What happens if Cove win the playoff?

Cowdenbeath slink down to the Lowland League but then they’d have too many teams?

There is a "safety valve" type system in LL whereby 0, 1 or 2 clubs go down depending who is licensed and thus getting promoted from below and who is getting relegated from above. Hawick are already confirmed bottom and relegated (unless neither Kelty or Threave win EOSL and SOSL and Cove don't go up); Whitehill, Dalbeattie and Vale of Leithen are battling to avoid 15th in case Cove go up (and either/both Kelty or Threave win).

Given 17 clubs is no shorter a program than 18 clubs (34 games) it'll be interesting to see if HL look for a new club if they endup at that figure.