The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The most interesting thing I've learned while running this thread is that Dunfermline fans are apparently called "townies" by rival fans as an insult. The notion that people living in something resembling civilisation is something to hold against them is hilarious to me

18 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I’d say Rosyth is a town. However I’d say Cowdenbeath and Kirkcaldy are also towns, so why the townie patter? Fife is strange to the casual onlooker...

I always thought fans of the other Fife clubs used 'Townie' as an insult towards Dunfermline fans in reference to the failed attempts of Fife Council to achieve City status for Dunfermline and tantrums about that failure, with signs up all over the place saying 'City of Dunfermline' even though it's quite clearly a town.

Have I misjudged? Do they actually think it's more desirable to live in a bin of a village like Ballingry than a town?

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I always thought fans of the other Fife clubs used 'Townie' as an insult towards Dunfermline fans in reference to the failed attempts of Fife Council to achieve City status for Dunfermline and tantrums about that failure, with signs up all over the place saying 'City of Dunfermline' even though it's quite clearly a town.

Have I misjudged? Do they actually think it's more desirable to live in a bin of a village like Ballingry than a town?

I think it would be preferable to live just about anywhere else in Scotland other than Dunfermline.

44 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I think @Miguel Sanchez is correct and it is a reference to the fact that Dunfermline (know as "The Toon" in local parlance) is a town and therefore full of fancy dan up themselves c@nts. Good honest salt of the earth types who live in the hell holes of darkest Fife will regard themselves as superior to the "townies". 

I know toon is just Scots for town but "The Toon" is the specific nickname for the place and also was/is? the collective noun for the youth gangs when mobbing up to take on gangs from some of the outlying villages. Eg Oakley v The Toon. 

Just for a change of scenery and because I can't be fucked reading all this guff, if anyone has called out a "worst poster on p and b" - and I'm sticking with the currently unbanned for now - and the user name doesn't have "progressive" in it, then you've given the wrong answer. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Middle aged man, concerned about virtual dots on a football message board . There’s elements of Grimbo in JLD. 

tbf, there's a lot of posters on here that vote in wee packs and green/red dot the man rather than the post, they're the ones that really think dotting is important.

tbf, there's a lot of posters on here that vote in wee packs and green/red dot the man rather than the post, they're the ones that really think dotting is important.

Red sitters who hunt in packs? Slightly tragic. Who is involved in this?

Just now, Jmothecat2 said:

Red sitters who hunt in packs? Slightly tragic. Who is involved in this?

Tends to be the younger ones, red dotting when you're posting against someone appears a bit tragic to me.

Archived