The Worst Posters in P&B History (2017 Edition)

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Yes, their music was shite. This new love of their music (that I'm fairly sure is only done so people can look edgy and controversial) makes no sense considering how poor they were.

That was the whole point of Throbber's initial post you utter moron. People were typing things that were the opposite of true until you bludgeoned in with some sort of half arsed apology for paedophiles. Do us all a favour and just f**k off. 

That was the whole point of Throbber's initial post you utter moron. People were typing things that were the opposite of true until you bludgeoned in with some sort of half arsed apology for paedophiles. Do us all a favour and just f**k off. 

In what way am I apologising for Paedophiles? I'm doing the opposite, criticising people who seem to think his actions shouldn't stop them from listening to his music. The difference is that nobody actually says Harold Shipman was a good doctor and bemoan the fact he was caught murdering people but people do with Ian Watkins.

10 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

If you are looking for a utilitarian argument for it I suppose. There seems to be this myth starting that Lost Prophets were some sort of fantastic band and Ian Watkins horrific actions are preventing them from being remembered for their fantastic music. Aside from the slightly worrying idea that people would actually want to celebrate his music, it's total shite. They were a shite band in the first place with no musical merit.

They were actually bigger than you are giving them credit for, particularly in America. 

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

In what way am I apologising for Paedophiles? I'm doing the opposite, criticising people who seem to think his actions shouldn't stop them from listening to his music. The difference is that nobody actually says Harold Shipman was a good doctor and bemoan the fact he was caught murdering people but people do with Ian Watkins.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Holy f**k

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

They really weren't. I'm not saying 'their music was the real crime here' and I suppose in comparison with what transpired, disliking them for their music seems to be missing the point, but really the fact this whole saga stopped them from making music is a tiny, small, silver lining in a pretty horrific case.

Let me be perfectly clear here. The fact that you seem to be able to find a silver lining, no matter how "tiny, small" in someone raping a baby means you are a fucking sick c**t. 

Let me be perfectly clear here. The fact that you seem to be able to find a silver lining, no matter how "tiny, small" in someone raping a baby means you are a fucking sick c**t. 

I'm not in any way saying that makes it worth it or anything other than horrific and disgusting and that's pretty obvious.

Jesus. The thread was descending into ever darker territory over the last couple of pages but never did I expect something of the level Jmo has taken us down to here.

I always had jmothecat2 down as a thick Tory with abhorrent political views, but I never had him down as a paedophilia apologist. On the plus side for him though, as he's so in to silver linings, at least he'll now likely be invited to philpy's next pool competition. 

1 minute ago, J_Stewart said:

I always had jmothecat2 down as a thick Tory with abhorrent political views, but I never had him down as a paedophilia apologist. On the plus side for him though, as he's so in to silver linings, at least he'll now likely be invited to philpy's next pool competition. 

Unlikely given that Jmo has potentially stolen the 'Ohhh' from him with today's revelation.

Prior to his conviction I'd never heard any of Ian Watkins music.  It wouldn't have been a good or a bad thing for me if he had continued making it because I'd never heard it.  It's not as though Lostprophets were some sort of ubiquitous band that you couldn't avoid.  If you didn't like them don't listen to them and that's that - no horrible crime was necessary for that  It's self absorbed to extreme levels to suggest that a band that displeases you shouldn't exist and it's borderline sociopathic to suggest that child sex crimes have a silver lining because they give you what they want.

I'd suggest that jmo is probably a high scorer on the Hare Checklist and all that this entails.  Although he could just be very, very stupid.

Bennett is a good poster

FTFY.

Along with Liberal-leaning incest apologists?

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

No, not at all. Just that them not making any music any more isn't a bad thing.

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

They really weren't. I'm not saying 'their music was the real crime here' and I suppose in comparison with what transpired, disliking them for their music seems to be missing the point, but really the fact this whole saga stopped them from making music is a tiny, small, silver lining in a pretty horrific case.

Ok mate.