Greenock Morton v Gutless Falkirk FC

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye the line-up is anyone’s guess this week. Although it’s probably just wishful thinking that we go to a back 3 and drop Kerr and Loy. Still can’t see us getting anything from the game tbh.

Mitchell

Balatoni
McGhee (assuming he is fit enough to start)
Grant

Harris
Craigen
Taiwo
Sibbald
Gallacher

O’Hara
Austin

Thomson, Johnny Mitchell, Muirhead, McKee, Loy, Blues, Stowie

Obviously having Harris at ring-back is far from ideal but f**k it. I’m sick of seeing Muirhead attempt to play there and Gasparotto can get himself to f**k.

Hippo definitely injured?

I’m assuming so I’ve not listened to Alex Smiths pre-match interview yet but I just assumed if he was close to being ready he’d have played an hour or so of the Under 20’s game the other night. We’ve badly missed him since he got him injured.

43 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye the line-up is anyone’s guess this week. Although it’s probably just wishful thinking that we go to a back 3 and drop Kerr and Loy. Still can’t see us getting anything from the game tbh.

Mitchell

Balatoni
McGhee (assuming he is fit enough to start)
Grant

Harris
Craigen
Taiwo
Sibbald
Gallacher

O’Hara
Austin

Thomson, Johnny Mitchell, Muirhead, McKee, Loy, Blues, Stowie

Obviously having Harris at ring-back is far from ideal but f**k it. I’m sick of seeing Muirhead attempt to play there and Gasparotto can get himself to f**k.

Has Loy been a disappointment as i see you have him on the subs bench. He was not a goal grabber with us but certainly helped our forward line. Im sure a new boss will have you up and running in no time, any romours to who that might be. 

He’s been incredibly disappointing. He played really well in the Betfred Cup group games he didn’t score but he was bringing so much more to the team that it didn’t matter.

Lately however he’s been absolutely brutal. His first touch isn’t there, his positioning is poor and he’s snatching at any chances that come his way.

Obviously still hopeful that with a change in manager he’ll turn it around as he was fantastic during his first spell.

Got a feeling that we may sneak a draw tomorrow. Hopefully it is a scoring draw as up front we have been hopeless for weeks. We need to have a midfield that links up with the strikers as recently it has been very defensive. I would like to see a line up of

Harris Craigen McKee Sibbald with Loy ( rejuvenate) and Austin

Would accept Tiawo for McKee also

On 9/28/2017 at 18:23, Dennistoun Bairn said:

notwithstanding our current omnishambles status, which makes this a pretty bold suggestion, I’d wager it’s been a fair while since we’ve won “comfortably” at Cappielow, even when we were decent. 

Plus we would need to score at least twice - something we’ve yet to achieve in any league game this season - given that Sir Bob is guaranteed a goal. 

Ironically, the days of us last handing out 5-1 thumpings in Greenock may go back to having the likes of Paul Rutherford, Alex Rae and er.. Peter Houston in our team.  

With Quitongo. Oware and Tidser doubtful, a draw is on the cards.  Mc Hugh a good bet to score though.

Wouldn't be surprised with a draw tomorrow - we have a habit of failing to nail teams when they look vulnerable Absolutely certain that  Falkirk will get back on track at some point . I just hope they don't start with a bang tomorrow.

All we can go on re Smith is that he kinda followed a Pressley formation and line up when he took over last time, this time tho its suggested that Kerr and Miller have an output.

I think we may go to a 4-4-1-1 on the basis of it being an away game and the previous with Smith, we have the personnel for it, tho technically that was our formation with Loy under Houston. The concern now is if we will play round pegs in round holes now, instead of the square pegs Houston was fond of.

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FTV confirmed for me today owing primarily to having nae pals.... Gutted as I like visiting the wee shabby throwback away grounds best of all. Its the best thing about being in this league, and FTV is the worst thing about anything.

Anyway, would be happy to see an improvement today. A more attacking line up and a believable effort from the players. Obviously the result is all important but if we line up correctly and the players get their fingers out then results will come. Just hope turgid first halfs before a brief spell of post-substitution hope are behind us now.

Just jump on the train and go yourself mate. You'll end up having a decent day. Paper and couple of beers for the train. Happy days.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

FTV confirmed for me today owing primarily to having nae pals.... Gutted as I like visiting the wee shabby throwback away grounds best of all. Its the best thing about being in this league, and FTV is the worst thing about anything.

Anyway, would be happy to see an improvement today. A more attacking line up and a believable effort from the players. Obviously the result is all important but if we line up correctly and the players get their fingers out then results will come. Just hope turgid first halfs before a brief spell of post-substitution hope are behind us now.

You're not going to the football because you've got nobody to go with? :blink:

On 9/27/2017 at 12:04, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Were there not two 5-1 wins down there? I remember Craig Taggart scoring in 93 or so.

Also a strolling 5-1 at Brockville in the same season. Cadette got a couple and Ricey scored a screamer.

There were two at Cappielow and another at Brockville.

The first at Scapa was 88-89. We had been going well until ex-Celtic carthorse Roddie MacDonald got completely found out in our defence by Paul Rutherford. Fairly sure Jim Holmes was in the Falkirk team and Duffy was the manager.

The other two came in the same season - the second week of the 93-94 when we unveiled our new blue tartan strip. That sent us bottom and we pretty much stayed there, finishing 2nd bottom of the five relegated teams. The Brockville game was later that season, and we also lost 5-1 at Love Street in an appalling game which saw us 4-0 down after around 30 minutes. McGraw somehow managed us to four different ways of losing 5-1. The two Cappielow games are on Youtube.

Anyway, not a clue what to expect today.

Archived