The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

Stuck in Belfast at a conference but you cslan still get a vitamin T.  Pleasing 
IMG-20180513-WA0032.thumb.jpeg.65dcd55e53b7d633c5281896760a0a58.jpeg
I can only speak for Shetland, but it is my solemn belief that Tennents does not travel well over water. Its fucking amazing in Glasgow, very good to great in select places throughout Scotland, then somehow becomes bogwater.

It's not as good as home, but in view of some of the alternatives it still hits the mark.
Oh my yes.

I would rather drink Tennents with added Cholera than a pint of Heineken*, for example.

*Other manky pisswater lagers are available and compare similarly to Tennents with added Cholera

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Tynieness said:

Stuck in Belfast at a conference but you cslan still get a vitamin T.  Pleasing 

I can only speak for Shetland, but it is my solemn belief that Tennents does not travel well over water. Its fucking amazing in Glasgow, very good to great in select places throughout Scotland, then somehow becomes bogwater.

Like Guinness always seems to taste better in Ireland.

On 5/14/2018 at 04:07, carpetmonster said:

No, Fort Lauderdale. Never seen Tennents up here, although you do get Innis & Gunn.

Did you enjoy it?

Mate of mine was selling it in his pub here a while back. Didn't sell very well but I took it upon myself to finish his supplies. Could manage a couple OK but was a bit too sweet and a lot too strong for a proper session. The only time I did hammer it back I had the worst hangover in recorded history the following morning.

It wasn't bad. I think it came in at 6 point something, so I kinda felt like you, it's not something you'd want a lot of but it's not something you'd have one, call it pudding and leave it at that like the monster barrel aged stouts. Kind of a halfway house. I'm not a huge fan of I&G for the same reason; I wonder if the liquid in the bottle actually is I&G. Goose Island do a whisky barrel aged doppelbock that's a better stab at the same idea, I think it's in the low 8s, so that's very much a one and done shot.

On 5/13/2018 at 21:47, Bairnardo said:

I can only speak for Shetland, but it is my solemn belief that Tennents does not travel well over water. Its fucking amazing in Glasgow.

After being up for the weekend, I would have to agree with this. Had probably some of the best pints of T in my life on Friday evening in Glasgow (Horseshoe Bar). However, even a short trip to Edinburgh on Saturday, there was a recognizable difference in quality. 

Anyway, managed to take 20 cans back down the road. Will tuck into them on a special occasion.