Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done to Stranraer. Thoroughly deserved victory today. Their attitude was the exact opposite of our players and management. Number 14 up front caused our defence problems all game until he went off and your 2 centre halves won header after header after header.

As for us...the players and management should be embarrassed. Smith cost us 1 goal and could quite easily have cost us 2 more. I think Dracula can deal with crosses more than he can. Barry Smith seems to only have one tactic and that's punt ball. If he can't see how that Spence and Buchanan can't play with those kind of tactics he never will. The two centre halves for Stranraer today will never have had an easier match.

Today was always going to be tough. Stranraer scoring early, on top of their recent form would have gave them great confidence to try and win the game.

The ayr manager mentioned professionalism last week. Stranraers recent form and league position has been down to the professional attitudes of the players and staff despite the off field stuff So fair play to them. A win here would have made a draw against alloa next week a half decent result, but now it is a must win game. We cannot go back to this hoofball football that wasn’t working.

Did furtado or the celtic boy get a game?

Will be interesting to hear Smith's excuse this week. He can't blame the weather or lack of training this week. If he blames the pitch then that'll be strange since Stranraer played some nice football on it.

Guaranteed he'll bring out the "you can't win every game 4 or 5 nil" which we all know Barry. Maybe he should ask his players not to punt the ball up to a strike force all at least half a foot shorter than their 2 centre halves.

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Will be interesting to hear Smith's excuse this week. He can't blame the weather or lack of training this week. If he blames the pitch then that'll be strange since Stranraer played some nice football on it.

Guaranteed he'll bring out the "you can't win every game 4 or 5 nil" which we all know Barry. Maybe he should ask his players not to punt the ball up to a strike force all at least half a foot shorter than their 2 centre halves.

You are totally wrong. its up their now so go listen.

13 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

13 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

Stranraer young guns tried to play football on the ground ,Raith played to many long punts.

So he's staying at didn't get into the right areas. That's kind of hard when has us resorting to long balls all afternoon against 2 giant defenders.

If we didn't create enough chances he should have hooked the laziest player on the park today Bobby Barr instead of our captain. Smith's tactics were as much to blame today as the attitude of the players.

thats correct but its not the question you raised about what smith would say. on that you were wrong my friend. He didnt make any excuses or mentioned anything about 4 or 5 nil wins etc. His nearest remark to that was you cant win every game but he did not make any excuses, did he.

thats correct but its not the question you raised about what smith would say. on that you were wrong my friend. He didnt make any excuses or mentioned anything about 4 or 5 nil wins etc. His nearest remark to that was you cant win every game but he did not make any excuses, did he.
I asked what excuses he would bring up, I didn't say he would make any.

As it is he basically said we weren't good enough, so I'd ask whose fault is that? His or the players? Surely it wasn't the players who decided to play hoof ball for 90 minutes?

Stop being a pedantic knob and learn some punctuation.

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I asked what excuses he would bring up, I didn't say he would make any.

As it is he basically said we weren't good enough, so I'd ask whose fault is that? His or the players? Surely it wasn't the players who decided to play hoof ball for 90 minutes?

Stop being a pedantic knob and learn some punctuation.

The trouble with your type is when you are reasonably challenged you revert to insults. Good on you pal enjoy your padentic life.

Oh and he didnt make any excuses did he.

6 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I said on fantalk talk the set up and team was in need of a overhaul, and today i was proved correct, contrary to what many said about that post. Does that answer your question beastie ???

I never asked a question, so no idea what your slavering about.

Archived