Stranraer v The Kirkcaldy Juggernauts

In all seriousness today would have been the right time to chuck the lad Hendry on and see what he could do.  Hope it's not a case of us signing someone based on him being  Celtics development side captain and it turns out he's nowhere near good enough.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The trouble with your type is when you are reasonably challenged you revert to insults. Good on you pal enjoy your padentic life.
Oh and he didnt make any excuses did he.
I said on fantalk talk the set up and team was in need of a overhaul, and today i was proved correct, contrary to what many said about that post. Does that answer your question beastie ???
Jesus you really do have a chip on your shoulder.

I asked what excuses Smith would come out with and it happens he didn't make any. However my next point is then why did we lose? We were very poor today but that's not the only reason we didn't even pick up a point. I don't actually think the line up was wrong today but the tactics were. Matthews is a limited right sided midfielder but is never in a million years a left midfielder. We play 2 smaller strikers who are best with the ball at their feet yet for 90 minutes played long ball after ball, not for the first time this season.

In the second half when he made some changes against he didn't really move away from the long ball. Stranraer's number 5 will be taking paracetamol tonight for the amount of times he headed the ball.

4 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I asked what excuses Smith would come out with and it happens he didn't make any. However my next point is then why did we lose? We were very poor today but that's not the only reason we didn't even pick up a point. I don't actually think the line up was wrong today but the tactics were. Matthews is a limited right sided midfielder but is never in a million years a left midfielder. We play 2 smaller strikers who are best with the ball at their feet yet for 90 minutes played long ball after ball, not for the first time this season.

In the second half when he made some changes against he didn't really move away from the long ball. Stranraer's number 5 will be taking paracetamol tonight for the amount of times he headed the ball.

We lost in my opinion because the set up we have has gone sour. Mathews was in the wrong position, buchanan needs a rest. At half time he could have brought on furtado for mathews, court for buchanan and at some point used henry, but he didnt so who is really to blame, but that is again my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

We lost in my opinion because the set up we have has gone sour. Mathews was in the wrong position, buchanan needs a rest. At half time he could have brought on furtado for mathews, court for buchanan and at some point used henry, but he didnt so who is really to blame, but that is again my opinion.

So is it Smith to blame or not? 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So is it Smith to blame or not? 

Quoting the manager not entirely as 3 or 4 mistakes were made leading up to the goal but we shall all see from the highlights.

Or if your refering to the team performance then yes as manager he should have seen the team needed refreshing and he failed to do that. Just my opinion mind you.

58 minutes ago, Itsoorbaw said:

How did angus Beith play ? Seen he’s scored 6 goals now . Surprised Hearts have not called him back . 

Wee man has been superb for us. Best player on the park today by a mile. Really hope we can keep the goose till the end of season. 

42 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

No i dont have a chip on my shoulder. Yes the tactics were wrong and in my opinion so was the team selection and positioning. Correct mathews is not a left sided player. We needed someone on in midfield who could run at the opponents, but we didnt use him. We have a left sided midfielder who was only brought on as a sub and we have court who should have replaced buchanan at half time.

We need our midfield to be more positive and shooting at goal themselves instead of trying for passes that our striker, if they get the ball can walk in to the net. Basically we have a good solid squad but at this point in time they are being played wrongly.;

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

All this and you didn't see one kick of the ball.

No i didnt, did you??? But we have all seen games over the last few weeks and noone can deny we have gone stale and grafting to win games. All i have pointed out is repeating what most have said in the recent past you included, so please dont criticise me for think like most of you do. But let me ask you a question.  am i wholly wrong on my assumption ???

10 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

No i didnt, did you??? But we have all seen games over the last few weeks and noone can deny we have gone stale and grafting to win games. All i have pointed out is repeating what most have said in the recent past you included, so please dont criticise me for think like most of you do. But let me ask you a question.  am i wholly wrong on my assumption ???

My point is how do you know the tactics, the team selection and the positioning were wrong if you weren't there? How do you know that we needed someone on in midfield who could run at the opponents? How do you know Court should have replaced Buchanan at half time? How do you know that our midfield should have been more positive and should have tried shooting at goal themselves instead of trying to pass to our strikers so that they could walk the ball in to the net?

I wasn't at the game and because of that I have no opinion on what went wrong. 

And that is where you should be but you won't because you just can't help yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

My point is how do you know the tactics, the team selection and the positioning were wrong if you weren't there? How do you know that we needed someone on in midfield who could run at the opponents? How do you know Court should have replaced Buchanan at half time? How do you know that our midfield should have been more positive and should have tried shooting at goal themselves instead of trying to pass to our strikers so that they could walk the ball in to the net?

I wasn't at the game and because of that I have no opinion on what went wrong. 

And that is where you should be but you won't because you just can't help yourself. 

Can i not base a opinion on live match commentary which is very accurate.??? Or is it that many fans have no faith in what our commentators say over the whole game. Granted you have not passed comment but did you listen to the live commentary??? You can gain a reasonable opinion from that. And for what its worth our guys are not blinkered, they say it as they see it for or against our players.

The biggest part of their commentary today was long punts up field which the 2 center mids could win all day long. Our first shot on goal came after 37 minutes even though we spent some time in stranraer penalty box. Its like a jigsaw, piece it together and you can form a opinion.

Archived