Smacking Ban

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly know how this sounds and how it will be taken by some but its no more than an honest opinion from myself.

Of course I follow the law, but I will never ever take a lecture on how to raise my kids from someone who doesnt have kids.
(Obvious exceptions apply like if my kid needed a doctor or therapist who didnt have kids) but in general terms, if you dont have kids, I know better than you.

Generally you seem alright, but have to say this is a load of tripe. Having kids doesn't make you an expert on the subject of raising them and mean that people that don't somehow have less important opinions.

Bascially what Gaz said.

5 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

"Fell doon eh sterz"

After the next OF game.

I thought the stereotype was we batter our wives. Personally I refuse to listen to a lecture about hitting my wife from someone who doesn't have a wife.

Just now, whiskychimp said:

As long as it's done behind closed doors and doesn't leave a mark you're still allowed to hit them

I thought that was the old law, as in Justified Assault, apart from the "behind closed doors" bit.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was 8, I was 3. It was actually an accident because he tripped over the step at the back door, and he was more upset about the incident than I was. He doesn't like to be reminded of it.

And then you felt disorientated & fell from the Severn Bridge.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was 8, I was 3. It was actually an accident because he tripped over the step at the back door, and he was more upset about the incident than I was. He doesn't like to be reminded of it.

Shamefully, the minimum age of criminal responsibility in Scotland is currently 8 so you probably could. He might be the oldest person ever referred to the children’s panel.

Edited by The OP

Just now, The OP said:

Shamefully, the age of criminal responsibility in Scotland is currently 8 so you probably could. He might be the oldest person ever referred to the children’s panel.

He's 32. :lol:

He passes a lot of his older computers and gadgets onto me because he usually buys new ones when they come out. Probably because of some sort of guilt trip.