St Mirren v Morton

I said after the game yesterday that I thought the ref was poor but got the big calls right. Watching this I'd need to change my mind. The first penalty is outside the box, Reilly's one (whilst also being outside) looks like a foul here. 

No idea about the Morton penalty from this.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Shut up ya rocket seen it from the camera angle at other side of the pitch was a clear pen

You seem upset. 

Good.

18 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Shut up ya rocket seen it from the camera angle at other side of the pitch was a clear pen

The footage is inconclusive on whether it's a foul, but it's blatantly outside the box.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Yep really upset we’re top of the league emoji23.png

Not mutually exclusive. 

Your team is top of the league and you're beelin'. These are facts. 

18 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Our penalty, added to the 2 we got at Cappielow, clearly show that St Mirren employ some thick c***s as centre halves.

You, coming as a surprise to absolutely nobody, demonstrate that said thick c***s also exist within the St Mirren support.

tam1.thumb.JPG.027b31408558e7a74be67d58cd929155.JPGtam2.thumb.JPG.04a4486a0daa24a3526ffceea04ddab6.JPG

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

No offence to Ross Stewart but that game was crying out for Sutton to come on. This could be JR's achilles heel.

Sutton was deployed against Falkirk last week and added absolutely nothing - as much it pains me to say because I've got a lot of love for the big chap. I felt Stewart helped us to actually retain possession in the attacking third when he came on, I don't think it was any coincidence we looked more threatening and scored both of our goals after he was introduced on the hour. 

He's nowhere near the finished article but I like that we have that option on the bench to change things. 

31 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The footage is inconclusive on whether it's a foul, but it's blatantly outside the box.

10 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You should apply for a job at the sfa sound like perfect candidate

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

It’s a foul not a dive

:lol:

2 minutes ago, fraser_smfc said:

Sutton was deployed against Falkirk last week and added absolutely nothing - as much it pains me to say because I've got a lot of love for the big chap. I felt Stewart helped us to actually retain possession in the attacking third when he came on, I don't think it was any coincidence we looked more threatening and scored both of our goals after he was introduced on the hour. 

He's nowhere near the finished article but I like that we have that option on the bench to change things. 

I thought Stewart was good when he came on. He got a really raw deal off the ref as well, who wanted to give a foul anytime he jumped for a header

:lol:

Both pens might of been outside the box but both fouls Morton one was correct imo but very soft slight pull on the shirt.

Another error made by McLean was the clear corner we should of got from a Morgan shot that he gave a goal kick where Morton went straight up the park and scored.

We should of been taking a corner but instead went 1-1.

Anyways we’ve got a league to win Morton still need to try win a league game in Paisley [emoji23][emoji23]

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Oh, now, I don't think it's inconclusive at all. Both angles show the Morton player fouling Reilly. The referee's position is directly behind Reilly meaning he is unsighted and doesn't see the contact. It's the only explanation I can think of why the ref gives a card. Reilly doesn't seem overly annoyed about the thing, which is normally an indicator, so perhaps he was a little dramatic and the ref took that into account (along with missing the contact).

So, in my eyes, it's a clear foul. Exactly where? I'd say it was outside.

Thought yesterday the challenges on Morgan and Reilly were both outside the box. Highlights don't really change my view. Of the two I thought the Reilly one was more of a foul, dunno if the ref bottled out of it because, after the week he's had, he didn't want a game where he's given three penalties and sent someone off.

Should probably have been a corner for us instead of a Morton goal kick however that doesn't excuse our pish defending. It's not as if Morton have wrongly been given a throw-in near the corner flag, the ball is about as far from our goal as it could be yet a few seconds later it's in the net as no one has stopped the leftback and we've not dealt with the cross.

Footage is inconclusive for the Morton penalty and it may well be the sort of stuff that goes on at every corner, however I've no sympathy for Buchanan considering the ref twice warned players before the corner and it was obvious he was going to give a foul one way or the other as soon as the ball came in.

Archived