St Mirren v Morton

It's a fairly stonewall foul on Reilly for the second, no real argument to be made against it, though it looked outside the box. f**k knows what the ref thought he saw. I think he just bottled it as he'd have to send off the Morton boy. Just like he bottled it at the end, where there was a clear foul on Buchanan at the corner, and he gave a free kick then immediately blew the final whistle so he couldn't get another decision wrong.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, now, I don't think it's inconclusive at all. Both angles show the Morton player fouling Reilly. The referee's position is directly behind Reilly meaning he is unsighted and doesn't see the contact. It's the only explanation I can think of why the ref gives a card. Reilly doesn't seem overly annoyed about the thing, which is normally an indicator, so perhaps he was a little dramatic and the ref took that into account (along with missing the contact).

So, in my eyes, it's a clear foul. Exactly where? I'd say it was outside.

Reilly's reaction was indeed telling. If he genuinely felt he was completely innocent, and at that stage in the game, he would have been going ballistic at the ref. Not merely putting his head in his hands and pointing at his knee. Seems like an acceptance of some guilt there.

I think there was contact. But i also think Reilly intended to dive. His stumble appears to start a millisecond before contact, he then sprawled into the box to make it look like a penalty not a free kick.

There's simulation there, but there was contact so would still expect a foul. If the ref deemed Reilly went first, that would explain his decision but i don't trust that ref to make that fine a call.

Never a penalty though.

Reilly's reaction was indeed telling. If he genuinely felt he was completely innocent, and at that stage in the game, he would have been going ballistic at the ref. Not merely putting his head in his hands and pointing at his knee. Seems like an acceptance of some guilt there.

I think there was contact. But i also think Reilly intended to dive. His stumble appears to start a millisecond before contact, he then sprawled into the box to make it look like a penalty not a free kick.

There's simulation there, but there was contact so would still expect a foul. If the ref deemed Reilly went first, that would explain his decision but i don't trust that ref to make that fine a call.

Never a penalty though.

Reilly is not a player to go ballistic if you want to judge on player reactions look at the Morton player is a sense of oh f**k when the ref blows then just swings his arm when he sees the ref going to Reilly.

If Reilly was to go ballistic then why didn’t the Morton player do the same if Reilly had dived to attempt to win a penalty

I think I'd rather look at the tackle and use that rather than the reaction to it. Nevermind that this idea of players' reactions means much of anything. You see people wildly protesting a correct decision, and you see the other way.

We were the best team on the day and should of won the game Morton only really threatened from corners and set pieces but we didn’t only got a point.... so on to bigger and better things united away next week.

Morgan’s due a goal so a tenner will be going on him

Bit concerning to see Jai holding his hamstring after that run into the box at the start of the game. He wasn't fit yesterday and a bit worrying that hamstring problem just hasn't cleared up.

I would rest him over November as we only play 2 games. A few weeks off should hopefully help

13 hours ago, shull said:

:1eye

Was the Author of this Video actually singing... 

" WE ARE THE MORTON BILLY BOYS "? 

And was his pal wearing a half n half scarf combining Morton and a Team in green ? 

I just ain't sure. 

Sutton was deployed against Falkirk last week and added absolutely nothing - as much it pains me to say because I've got a lot of love for the big chap. I felt Stewart helped us to actually retain possession in the attacking third when he came on, I don't think it was any coincidence we looked more threatening and scored both of our goals after he was introduced on the hour. 
He's nowhere near the finished article but I like that we have that option on the bench to change things. 

It could be argued it was down to Smith moving to the right when Magennis was taken off, who had a quiet game, we looked much better.

As I said it's nothing against Stewart who I like, just think Sutton is a proven goalscorer at this level and he's more likely to score given a chance than Stewart. He does seem to be a project for JR and there is no reason to doubt his methods, he's trying to mould Stewart into something Sutton already is, if that makes sense.

Steven Mclean got just about every major game changing decision wrong. None more glaringly wrong than when he booked Reilly for diving when it was a clear as day penalty. The shot from Morgan which clearly took a deflection before going out for a corner, McLean said goal kick and from the resultant passage of play Morton get their first goal. 

Jim Duffy said to the press it was a stonewall penalty, I was directly in line with the Morton defender and his reaction until the ref waves the yellow card at Reilly was that of a man who knew he had fucked up.

To sum up Steven McLean is a fucken helmet who should be banished to the juniors.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

Steven Mclean got just about every major game changing decision wrong. None more glaringly wrong than when he booked Reilly for diving when it was a clear as day penalty. The shot from Morgan which clearly took a deflection before going out for a corner, McLean said goal kick and from the resultant passage of play Morton get their first goal. 

Jim Duffy said to the press it was a stonewall penalty, I was directly in line with the Morton defender and his reaction until the ref waves the yellow card at Reilly was that of a man who knew he had fucked up.

To sum up Steven McLean is a fucken helmet who should be banished to the juniors.

Yes, yes you are.

tam1.thumb.JPG.1f2eb088dd5e1714e4a916a136fa5037.JPGtam2.thumb.JPG.f4ce57a89d44f45f87a06b464b3f1271.JPG

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Both pens might of been outside the box but both fouls Morton one was correct imo but very soft slight pull on the shirt.

Another error made by McLean was the clear corner we should of got from a Morgan shot that he gave a goal kick where Morton went straight up the park and scored.

We should of been taking a corner but instead went 1-1.

Anyways we’ve got a league to win Morton still need to try win a league game in Paisley emoji23.pngemoji23.png

You're all over the place here mate in a desperate attempt to get at least one claim right. Time for you to walk away from this.

PS -  "might of been"?  "we should of been"?  Deary me.......

You're all over the place here mate in a desperate attempt to get at least one claim right. Time for you to walk away from this.

PS -  "might of been"?  "we should of been"?  Deary me.......

aec8613e412d9f49a0cb8a616a3816df.jpg

When was the last time Morton won a league game in Paisley??

Morton need penalties to get a result against us.

Quitongo should of got a booked for diving at the start of the season meeting was never a penalty then either.

6 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Contact is below Reilly's knee, level with the 18 yard line you Greenock fucking helmet.

Plenty of helmets on show here. You must be Paisley's answer to gammy. 

22 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

aec8613e412d9f49a0cb8a616a3816df.jpg

When was the last time Morton won a league game in Paisley??

Morton need penalties to get a result against us.

Quitongo should of got a booked for diving at the start of the season meeting was never a penalty then either.

Should have*

If you’re going slag us off, at least have a grasp of basic English.

Archived